Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

David Moores Resigns From LFC Board

Read 2555 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      David Moores Resigns From LFC Board
      Jun 18, 2009 04:59:05 pm
      Quote from: LFC.TV
      Liverpool FC confirmed today that David Moores has resigned from the Club's Board of Directors.

Mr Moores will, however, retain his position as Club Honorary Life President.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164782090618-1651.htm

how he still is life president is beyond me,suppose that was part of the deal to let those two clowns takeover our club.
      « Last Edit: Jun 18, 2009 05:02:40 pm by Court LFC »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: David Moores Resigns From LFC Board
      Reply #1: Jun 18, 2009 05:03:14 pm
      I didn't even think he was a still member of the board.  Too F***ing right, get lost Moores.  You've condemned us.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #2: Jun 18, 2009 05:07:32 pm
      on the flip side was he pushed by the yank's? i admired the man untill he sold us out,he should walk the plank as far as im concerned,alot of damage has been caused to this club thank's to him and parry.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 18, 2009 05:26:42 pm
      good riddance to him lets hope hansel and gretel follow suit
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #4: Jun 18, 2009 05:48:53 pm
      when a director' resign from a company it signal's a huge shake-up at the top and restructure.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #5: Jun 18, 2009 05:53:41 pm
      I don't know what brought this about, he had a vote on the board, now he has none. Moores should have done his homework on Hicks and if he had done(like Ellis at the Villa) Moores would not have sold to these clowns who pass for owners, I now live in hope that your removal was because Hicks is selling up and moving on.(I live in hope).
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #6: Jun 18, 2009 05:53:47 pm
      Good riddance you grabbin treacherous tw*t, worthy custodians, don't make me f***in laugh.
      You could lay straight in your own beds!
      How much of your extra £8million did you end up with after tax? less than 4 I bet
      Well I hope you and your cohort f***in pubes head enjoy it!
      If I had my way I'd have the pair of you publicly flogged! I ain't joking!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #7: Jun 18, 2009 06:05:58 pm
      Has he paid back any of the money he has taken out of our club NO.He has just fu**ed off leaving us with these two idiots he cant even now challenge them. He should be stripped of his Presidency immediately.
      redruths
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 18, 2009 08:31:08 pm
      The man was obviously a big fan so i always found it hard to knock him but does anybody remember the 'my heart is broken' article in the Echo last year ? it basically said 'i knew george well and tom seemed like a nice guy so i decided to sell to them' it was absolutely staggering and immediately turned me against him.
      So here goes ....good riddance dave (and rick)  i hope you invested your extra millions in woolworths,rbs,setanta any other firm thats going broke and lose every stinking penny coz you 'sold the family silver' and made a right bo**ocks of it.                                                                                 
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #9: Jun 18, 2009 09:02:16 pm
      So that's Crusty and Moores out the door, not before time. Those two gobsh*tes have left us at the mercy of two carpetbagger owners. Lets just continue to pressuries in any way we can until we get rid of them. I've sent another letter to my branch of RBS threatening to close my accout if they refinance the Yank's loans.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,269 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10: Jun 18, 2009 09:15:44 pm
      Do not know what to make of this to be honest.

Resigns may mean anything. Pushed out, Disagrees with matters being implemented, has an illness and can not carry on, DIC are come in and do not want him around as he "dissed" them.....anythng.

LFC.tv's statement is very short and sweet, no interviews, no comments, no we wish him well, ALL a little odd.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #11: Jun 18, 2009 09:19:24 pm
      DIC are come in and do not want him around as he "dissed" them.

Oh, please let this be true.  Somehow I doubt it though.  ::)

My sentiments exactly.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #12: Jun 18, 2009 09:28:55 pm
      I think at last hes finally got the message into his stupid head that hes despised now for what he has done to the club that he 'loves'. Or maybe it means something more like new people coming in to take over, i dont know, but it does all seem a little hush hush...see ya. ???
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: Jun 18, 2009 10:17:15 pm
      Would like to know further information on this.

The Moores were associated to Liverpool FC for over 50 years.

If we want to remember Moore's Claims to Fame it is that:

1 Stevie admitted he was one reason he stayed at Anfield when Chelsea were unsettling him.

2 He did oversee the appointment of Rafa with Parry 5 years ago.

3 He did realise that to take the club forward he would have to go out to the market to do it.

I believe him when he says in April 2008:

"It's heartbreaking. I'm almost lost for words about the damage that's being done to the club at the present time.”

However having said all of the above, it sounds flat, because the fact is that Hansel and Gretel offered more money coming in late like the cowboys they are.

Thats what talked Moores. Money. Money Money.

No sentiment in business eh?

So enjoy it. Its tainted.

Life President? Youve nearly killed the club.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Jun 18, 2009 10:24:27 pm

Same here, although I must admit, the alarm bells are ringing a bit. I hope there isn't something in the pipeline that we're all not going to like and he doesn't want to be seen as anything to do with it.

I can't be blamed for thinking like that after what we've been through with these owners, can I?

I suppose what's positive about it, is that he can't make anymore mistakes....
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #15: Jun 19, 2009 12:50:28 am
      good ridance... he never opened his wallet whilst he was the chairman... hopefully him being removed from the board means, in comes DIC
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #16: Jun 19, 2009 04:43:49 am
      I really dont know how to react to this news, I suppose if he resigns it means we can celebrate after he screwed the club inside out, but does this mean that H&G are concentrating more power on their hands?

Really dont know what is going on in the club already. Just hope the MPs do the job for us to make sure RBS do not refinance the loan.
      kop on the cob
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 133 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 19, 2009 04:54:21 am

Pretty much.

I won't dump on the man too much but him leaving is a start for our new future.
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #18: Jun 19, 2009 09:18:59 am
      Im not too sure of what to make of this its either:

The Optimistic View:
      Someone has come into buy the club lock stock and will not tolerate a board of directors in this fashion and want to have their own. Thus pumping some well needed cash for quality players into the kitty

The pessimistic view

with Parry gone Moores veto on the board of directors means F**k all, and the yanks have decided to burden the club with even more huge debt thus he feels his positon is no longer attenible (is tha the right word) and he also feels that the sales of our best players to try to offload some debt is also demeaning the club, but most important he feels he cannont support a club who will be in League 1 in couple of seasons unless something is sorted now..

Well you get my point it could be a bad thing it could be a good thing, but at the end of the day Moores got £6 million more that he would have if he had sold out to DIC so to be honest his comments about how he had "tears in his eyes" when he sold bla bla bla really mean nothing to me. There is no sentament in business and if you look at the facts Moores has overseen our decline as the dominant force in English and European football & along with coco the F***ing clown parry did F**k all to try and rescue the situation. As far as what the future holds right now I really dont F***ing no what to think about this we will just have to try and keep our eyes glued to the tacky media, who for once have not even mentioned anything or tried to read anything into what this story is all about.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19: Jun 19, 2009 12:44:45 pm
      With Parry  gone Moores veto on the board of directors means f**k all, and the yanks have decided to burden the club with even more huge debt

Vydex;  Youre right...... bang on.

Moores and Parry DID block more debt being put on in the first place and now .......No Veto.

This is SCARY  time !

Anyone fancy starting 2010-2011 season with a 10 point deduction in Administration?
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #20: Jun 19, 2009 01:18:37 pm
      I do feel sorry for him coz he was our equivalent of Bill Kenwright, a fan but knew he had to sell for the club to go forward and compete in the transfer market,and it was the greedy despicable selfish asshole Rick Parry who played advisor, besides, not one person here when the yanks took over can say "oh i could see this happening from day one and was dead against it"

We were all brain washed with optimism from empty promises, the yanks got in due to them not admitting to what the dubai group admitted too, "we'll make the club financially stable, competing for the highest honours, and a new stradium, and once we start to make the club profitable, we'll sell for a nice profit"

the yanks said all the same except for the selling bit, which got us all on their side, look at how many promises since then have been broken.

I don't know whether he was pushed or kick, all i know is there is now one less voice in the boardroom that genuinly wants what is best for the club.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Jun 19, 2009 10:18:21 pm
      For me, it's like he's realized he has fu**ed up big time and he's decided to walk the plank and go off and hide in shame.

Quick Reply