Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Benefits of selling Masch & Xabi?

Read 16290 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Benefits of selling Masch & Xabi?
      Reply #161: Jul 02, 2009 09:29:56 am
      With the recent press reports regarding Xabi and Masch moving to Spain I'm starting to wonder could it be beneficial to Liverpool. 50 million for Xabi and 40 million plus Toure for Mascherano gives 90 million to play with plus the reported 20-25 million we already have. That's over 100 million to use to reinforce the team!!

Johnson for 18 million looks like its happening. Say then we go for Silva 25 million Villa 40 million. Sneidjer 15 million. Micah Richards for around 6 millionplus Toure as pert of the masch deal. We lose 2 quality players but gain 6!!

Is that not beneficial to us? Villa taking Stevies roil with Stevie dropping back to midfield. Silva on the left with Sneidjer competing with Kuyt on the right or he can play centre mid. If we were given the money made from selling the 2 lads we could create quite a side

Where has the 50m for alonso and the 40 plus toure for mascherano come from? Cant see us getting that much to be fair. IMO there are no benefits to selling them two players as they are by far two of our best players. Ask the owners for 25-30m for silva and we should be fine, surely they have money left from refinancing the loan.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #162: Jul 02, 2009 12:12:41 pm
      The BBC are reporting that Raffa will listen to offers from Barca for Masch for 17 million ........bad news.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #163: Jul 02, 2009 01:06:47 pm
      The BBC are reporting that Raffa will listen to offers from Barca for Masch for 17 million ........bad news.

I think its all a crock of sh*t in all honesty mate if you look at the fluctuation in the transfer fee's being touted, It suggests to me its purely media speculation.

Yes Masch may still leave Anfield but what you have to Consider is ..

Is Rafa a very shrewd man ?

Would Rafa even entertain such a poultry offer for the best defensive midfielder in the world ?

Would Rafa seek a fee that enables him to find an equally world class replacement ?

I think we all know the answer to the above questions and Rafa is not stupid, I have the greatest faith in Rafa if he is considering letting Both Xabi and Masch go, He surely must have able bodied replacements lined up to come in and do an equally impressive job for us. I hope this is not the Case as I sincerely believe both Xabi and Masch can fulfill their Ambitions here at Anfield.

Quick Reply