Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

David Villa-buy or not buy?

Read 2605 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      David Villa-buy or not buy?
      Feb 13, 2007 04:59:30 pm
      Personally a think this guy is in the top 5 best players in the world at the minute. Hes having a far better season than Ronaldiniho and Henry and i would love to see him stick a red shirt on next season. Does anyone know what price Valencia are looking for him? Does anyone object to buying him and if so why? Apparently Rafa was close to buying him but then pulled out because he decided to keep Cisse! just interested if you could see him coming and what use all think of him.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: David Villa-buy or not buy?
      Reply #1: Feb 13, 2007 05:10:04 pm
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #2: Feb 13, 2007 05:51:34 pm
      To clarify Valencia will sell him only for his buy out clause which is £100million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No player is worth that, but they did say that Reina and some cash could seal the deal. But do we want to seel Pepe? I know I dont.

Villa is one of the best in the world at the mo and Id love to bring him to Anfield! Looks unlikely though.
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #3: Feb 13, 2007 06:10:02 pm
      i think rafa should go in for villa,he top notch and i think he can take us to the next level.He's got great pace,good dribbling ability and can shoot with both legs.LFC needs a 25 goal scorer and villa's got that touch
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #4: Feb 13, 2007 07:47:12 pm
      100 mil pounds is a bit too much, but there's a gut feeling in me that tells Villa is available for much less than that. Of course it's his release clause. But at the end of the day and offer of about 25 million or so might be attractive to the Los Ches. Since he's a big star in Valencia they won't be letting him go easily, thus wanting at least something in return. (Reina's a possible replacement for Canizares). We should keep Reina though, Dudek is crumbling apart.

I personally would want to see Villa in a Reds shirt. His performance in the friendly against England last week shows he is a dangerous threat to the English defence. So I'm sure he'll do well in the EPL. We have the money now, lets go for him. 20 to 25 million is just about how much he's worth, but 30 million or more is too much. We don't want another Sheva.

And oh gosh, let's forget about Ciise shall we? He's a has-been. He's got a new home where he scores week in week out, why not let him be there.
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #5: Feb 13, 2007 09:02:51 pm
      David Villa would be great player for Liverpool to sign. If he does leave spain and comes to england we should make every effort to get him
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #6: Feb 13, 2007 10:06:14 pm
      Villa is one of the best players of the world, queen and 30 millions of € (not all that in pounds) I believe that serious sufficient, probably penseis that it is a lot of money, but it costs it
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #7: Feb 14, 2007 09:01:32 am
      Hell yeah!!, he is class and it would be awsome if we signed him! :)
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #8: Feb 14, 2007 01:35:54 pm
      definately try and get him, but what about Torres instaed or maybe as well, cash in on Crouch for £15m and get those 2 for about £50m, what a dream strike force with Kyut as well !!!!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Feb 14, 2007 04:37:22 pm
      £100million?! Geez! Cardiff City pay like £100K for players ;D  :angel:

Is he a goalie? I think Reina is great for us.. Except when he DOESN'T STAY IN HIS BOX! I shout at him through the TV but he never listens  >:( Hehe.

OHMYGOD. Torres. He is FITTTTTTTT Let's get him  :laugh: Yummy! Hehe
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2007 04:38:01 pm by Nicola »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Feb 14, 2007 05:17:45 pm
      £100million?! Geez! Cardiff City pay like £100K for players ;D  :angel:

Is he a goalie? I think Reina is great for us.. Except when he DOESN'T STAY IN HIS BOX! I shout at him through the TV but he never listens  >:( Hehe.

OHMYGOD. Torres. He is FITTTTTTTT Let's get him  :laugh: Yummy! Hehe

Haha! Torres is a very good striker as well you know! ;D
      Villa is a class striker. I reckon he'd have a good go in the Premiership as well. Would love him in our side but it would have to be a lot of money to bring him here. 100 million is far too much for any player as already mentioned!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Feb 14, 2007 05:47:39 pm
      I know he is, I only missed a few games in the World Cup even though Wales weren't in it ;D .. Torres is an awesome striker. What club is he at?
      Ohh Villa's a striker. Hehe I didn't know that! We can't get rid of Reina though.. we'd only have Dudek *argh*.
      Cy
      Reply #12: Feb 14, 2007 07:14:59 pm
      I personally would want to see Villa in a Reds shirt. His performance in the friendly against England last week shows he is a dangerous threat to the English defence. So I'm sure he'll do well in the EPL.

And oh gosh, let's forget about Ciise shall we? He's a has-been. He's got a new home where he scores week in week out, why not let him be there.

The english defence at national level is far to be representating of the level in the Premiership, saying that, agree with your second statement let's forget about him..I'm sure we will have lot's of very nice surprises this summer..In RAFA we trust..
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #13: Feb 14, 2007 09:25:51 pm
      torres very are criticized here in Spain, is the eternal promise, never exploded like player, are as good as they say, torres is not worth nor to tie the boots to him to villa
      RedinOz
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #14: Feb 16, 2007 10:57:06 am
      Villa and Torres are both class strikers but i think Villa has the edge.I suppose it depends how much more Villa would be than Torrres.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #15: Feb 16, 2007 03:18:47 pm
      pull out all the stops and get em both. then we will see special goals flying in. if the new owners want to spend money and make LIVERPOOL the best team in the world again then we should start here with these to.
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #16: Feb 16, 2007 03:26:38 pm
      Torres is hyped up to much and isnt as good as most people say he is, and he's a cheating ****
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Feb 17, 2007 12:45:55 pm
      splash the cash and do whatever it takes to get Villa b4 Chelscum and ManUSA get him.
      liverpool4eva
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #18: Feb 17, 2007 09:46:22 pm
      Defo buy him he is world class
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #19: Feb 19, 2007 10:36:55 pm
      Sounds like he is more interested in Chelsea....

Says we have 'good heart'.... WTF?

Quick Reply