Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Rafa's eyeing up new talent

Read 6076 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Rafa's eyeing up new talent
      Feb 20, 2007 10:21:23 am
      Source:  Sky Sports Website

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has revealed he is plotting raids for a number of players in Italy.

Benitez is busy planning for next season and has already identified several targets to bolster his squad.

The Spaniard is set to be handed a substantial transfer kitty in the summer following the arrival of new American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett and it appears Benitez has made striking reinforcements his top priority.

Juventus ace David Trezeguet has been strongly linked with Liverpool in the past and Benitez has confirmed his interest in the Frenchman along with three other strikers in Serie A.

Trezeguet's Juventus team-mate Valeri Bojinov, Udinese's Vincenzo Iaquinta and Palermo's Amauri have all come under Benitez's gaze as he looks to build a side capable of challenging for the title next season.

"We are following many players with several of those in Italy and Trezeguet is one of them, it's true, but I like also Iaquinta, Amauri, Bojinov," Benitez told Corriere dello Sport.
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Re: Rafa's eyeing up new talent
      Reply #1: Feb 20, 2007 10:48:16 am
      ooofffttt laquinta is class..pure italian class...hes tall and can finish
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Feb 20, 2007 11:45:32 am
      ooofffttt laquinta is class..pure italian class...hes tall and can finish
      To be honest mate I haven't heard of him.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #3: Feb 20, 2007 12:52:50 pm
      Vincenzo Iaquinta is pure class, but not too sure on the other 3.
      Trezeguets best days are behind him in my opinion, and not really heard of the other 2.
      Will this end the speculation of David Villa ?, or will this put him on alert as Liverpool really mean business next season.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Feb 20, 2007 01:00:59 pm
      Vincenzo Iaquinta is pure class, but not too sure on the other 3.
      Trezeguets best days are behind him in my opinion, and not really heard of the other 2.
      Will this end the speculation of David Villa ?, or will this put him on alert as Liverpool really mean business next season.

I'm with you on Trezeguet. Few years ago he would have been a good signing.
      Seems a little strange Benitez naming players who he's interested in so freely don't you think?
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #5: Feb 20, 2007 01:14:13 pm
      I totally agree re Trezeguet.  The other I've not seen play, so can't make a judgement.  That's why it's so damn important to do well in Champs League so we can attract players.  We need 1 or 2 pacey defenders too.

Get in there you Reds !
      glebe17
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -1 
      Reply #6: Feb 20, 2007 03:01:18 pm
      Wouldn't be 100% sure about Trezeguet either. I agree that his best days may be behind him at this stage.

How many strikers do we need though?  ???

With this new guy (can't remember his name) coming from Germany, Fowler leaving, thats still four and one or two fringe players.

What's Rafa's plan???  ???  ???  :-\
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #7: Feb 20, 2007 11:29:23 pm
      Wouldn't be 100% sure about Trezeguet either. I agree that his best days may be behind him at this stage.

How many strikers do we need though?  ???

With this new guy (can't remember his name) coming from Germany, Fowler leaving, thats still four and one or two fringe players.

What's Rafa's plan???  ???  ???  :-\
      Four strikers up front :o :laugh:
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #8: Feb 21, 2007 07:24:12 am
      Bojinov is Class, and still very young, I would love us to sign him!! 

Not to sure of the other 3, as said before DT is been around a while now and I think he's past his best, Iaquinta? Hed an ok world cup but didnt think he was that great (compared to Gillardino) and Amauri? Never heard of him............

Bojinov get my vote :)
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #9: Feb 21, 2007 09:44:31 am
      Iaquinta is very good! Bojinov is a good player too! But Trezeguet is passed his better days, but still a good player!

Could an admin please change my username to wellzy
      AdelaideRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #10: Feb 21, 2007 02:24:04 pm
      Samuel e'to anyone. hes not happy at barca and is a world class striker unlike craig "Tiger Woods" bellamy.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #11: Feb 21, 2007 04:38:25 pm
      Samuel e'to anyone. hes not happy at barca and is a world class striker unlike craig "Tiger Woods" bellamy.
      good idea adelaide, i agree. but i don't know how pretty of  a penny we need to sign him. that would be amazing though.

when does bellamy's contract end??????? maybe golfing wouldnt be a bad idea. i can't think of who would want him.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #12: Feb 21, 2007 06:08:38 pm
      good idea adelaide, I agree. but I don't know how pretty of  a penny we need to sign him. that would be amazing though.

when does bellamy's contract end??????? maybe golfing wouldnt be a bad idea. I can't think of who would want him.

both Aston Villa and Blackburn have shown interest in Bellamy recently.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #13: Feb 21, 2007 06:12:53 pm
      oh well. hes not ours anymore. thanx mrtommo. oh, and nice avatar. ;D
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #14: Feb 21, 2007 07:04:39 pm
      i like bojimov...not so sure on the other 3....nowhere near the class of villa though .usaully rafa do not like to name players like that but maybe its a  new strategy ..not to show the real interests  but as usual we have to trust in rafa
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #15: Feb 22, 2007 10:04:06 am
      iquinta's scored about 10 goals in 22 appearances,trezeguet is on 6,amauri 7-though just recovering from injury,Valeri Bojinov-unknown
      Cy
      Reply #16: Feb 22, 2007 11:50:00 am
      Agree on Trezeguet he is not as good as he use too, plus the fact that i can't really see him settling in the premiership easely, so not a wise move. Villa it will never stop the speculation isn't?..would be great assets. can't comment on iquinta...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17: Feb 25, 2007 12:26:00 am
      Bojinov is quality....Trez is just collecting pay checks......hope this Veronin isn't another Baros.....much promise but little quality....lets just get Tevez! Look what they did to Mascherano....sure Tevez would relish it and at least Crouchy would no longer be our ugliest player...
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: Feb 25, 2007 01:21:31 pm
      good idea adelaide, I agree. but I don't know how pretty of  a penny we need to sign him. that would be amazing though.

when does bellamy's contract end??????? maybe golfing wouldnt be a bad idea. I can't think of who would want him.
      I wonder if he has got a handicap in Golf ;)
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #19: Feb 27, 2007 11:50:56 am
      Trezeguet is a superb striker, Bojinov last year played for AC Fiorentina (he left Florence because Mutu go there) is a good player with a bad carachter, I don't know if he likes British tackle. Left food, good nose for goal and play free kick very well. Iaquinta is on the road to AC Milan. Amauri comes from Chievo Verona Fc (last year) strongly wanted by Palermo during summer transfer, he's Brazilian with an excellent future. He's strong good head and a skill shot. I think not so easy his transfer to LFC, anyway he's the right terminal better then Crouch.
      No more news from Italy
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #20: Feb 27, 2007 02:53:22 pm
      how about we go for van nistelrooy
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #21: Feb 27, 2007 05:09:03 pm

No dont want him, he's a pr**k.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #22: Feb 27, 2007 05:44:46 pm
      Tevez! I honestly reckon he'd be fantastic with us...
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #23: Feb 27, 2007 07:11:32 pm
      Trezeguet is a superb striker, Bojinov last year played for AC Fiorentina (he left Florence because Mutu go there) is a good player with a bad carachter, I don't know if he likes British tackle. Left food, good nose for goal and play free kick very well. Iaquinta is on the road to AC Milan. Amauri comes from Chievo Verona Fc (last year) strongly wanted by Palermo during summer transfer, he's Brazilian with an excellent future. He's strong good head and a skill shot. I think not so easy his transfer to LFC, anyway he's the right terminal better then Crouch.
      No more news from Italy

nice one - thanks for the info on all the said strikers.
      welcome to you mate.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #24: Feb 28, 2007 08:04:22 pm
      may be a pr**k but he's exactly what we need
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #25: Feb 28, 2007 08:09:29 pm
      I think we should forget about David Villa, he is happy at Valencia and has said many times that he hates English weather and moving to England does not intrest him at all. If we need a striker it needs to be Eto'o (best striker in the world) who is unhappy at Barca and has been linked with us before.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #26: Feb 28, 2007 09:02:49 pm
      may be a pr**k but he's exactly what we need

He is what we need but surely we could find another goal scorer, the sight of old Horse Head in a Reds shirt is something I don't want to see!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #27: Feb 28, 2007 09:45:15 pm
      Samuel Eto is a great player but you have to ask is there any underlying reason for the fall out with his manager other than what we read. Would he and Bellamy togerther destroy the harmony of the dressing room? If not he would be the best buy for a long time whatever the price. Total class. One problem, he thinks Wenger is the best manager going so if he became available he may favour the arse.
      Anand
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #28: Feb 28, 2007 09:52:05 pm
      i reckon that we should sign bojinov because he is young and good and has most potential out of everyone there
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      Reply #29: Mar 15, 2007 06:17:04 am
      eto'o will only go to arse if henry is heading the opposite way so maybe liv have a chance here. eto'o is the striker apart from villa that shows class!!

100% agree with u anand!bojinov is similiar to rooney and if we can get him it would be a great buy!
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #30: Mar 15, 2007 10:40:05 am
      Juventus FC manager two days ago declared: Buffon, Del Piero, Nedved and Trezeguet aren't on a transfer list. Bojinov sure will left Juventus for an English team (which one?). I mean Rafa strikes again Bojinov seems to be one of the three new strikers that LFC need.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #31: Mar 15, 2007 11:39:55 pm
      Don't know anything about Bojinov. never heard of him but well done PAOLO for the updates on the italian  players and others in Serie A etc. Keep it up mate.

Quick Reply