Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Celtic's You’ll Never Walk Alone

Read 9024 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Celtic's You’ll Never Walk Alone
      Feb 21, 2007 08:36:08 am
      Did any one else see the Celtic fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone before last nights match it was absolutely spellbinding, imagine not just the Kop and the odd part of the ground raising a scarf and singing but everyone to a man (and woman) joining in, I didn't think "but that's our song!” I just felt great pride and a great affinity to there fans and this is coming from a lad who always had a soft spot for Rangers!. For me it also hit home again how vital the fans will be in the second leg against Barca no matter what the score is tonight the amount of noise generated at Anfield is second to none considering we have a ground that holds about 20,000 less than say Celtic Park.
      Anyway congratulations to the Celtic fans but if you want to see it done properly and for ninety minutes :) take a peek at Anfield in a fortnights time.
      « Last Edit: Feb 21, 2007 08:37:27 am by Glenbuck »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Celtic's You’ll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1: Feb 21, 2007 08:38:02 am
      Did any one else see the Celtic fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone before last nights match it was absolutely spellbinding, imagine not just the Kop and the odd part of the ground raising a scarf and singing but everyone to a man (and woman) joining in, I didn't think "but that's our song!” I just felt great pride and a great affinity to there fans and this is coming from a lad who always had a soft spot for Rangers!. For me it also hit home again how vital the fans will be in the second leg against Barca no matter what the score is tonight the amount of noise generated at Anfield is second to none considering we have a ground that holds about 20,000 less than say Celtic Park.
      Anyway congratulations to the Celtic fans but if you want to see it done properly and for ninety minutes take a peek at Anfield in a fortnights time. :)

thought exactly the same Glenbuck, it was good to hear the Celtic Fans, I think the Reds will always have an affinity with them  ;)
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #2: Feb 21, 2007 02:18:20 pm
      still strange to hear other fans, Celtic or not singing YNWA, it just doesn't seem right unless its LFC and that sea of Red !

Come on the Reds !
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #3: Feb 21, 2007 03:21:34 pm
      sounds good to me. its a good song and it is very uplifting. and i love celtic, so i'm glad it was them, not some arsenal or man u scum. 

YNWA!!!
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 22, 2007 07:59:40 pm
      the Bouys do do it well & as anyone who's ever been to a Liverpol v Celtic match will tell you, a joint effort is a hair raising experience!

on a similar theme, I went to England v Leichenstein a few years back & their national anthem has the same tune as ours (obviously with different words in german or whatever third world language it is they speak!) now that's weird!
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2007 08:00:44 pm by banksiemagic »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Feb 23, 2007 02:07:35 am
      Anyway congratulations to the Celtic fans but if you want to see it done properly and for ninety minutes :) take a peek at Anfield in a fortnights time.

I've said it once and I'll say it again.
      Celtic has stolen our anthem. The one we wear proudly on our beloved Red shirt.
      They also chant the ring of fire exactly how we do it.
      Celtic are just a load of bollocks and try to mirror us.
      I know, I know. You'll Never Walk Alone was produced for a play years ago.
      It just gets me soo worked up about these Celtic fans. Why can't they find their own tune?!
      Yeah I also know some German team sings You'll Never Walk Alone but I'm not bothered about that one because it isn't even sung in English. I do feel we sing it more passionatly than any other club in the world.
      Thats probably why I ultimatly dislike Celtic!
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 23, 2007 03:04:19 am
      It just gets me soo worked up about these Celtic fans. Why can't they find their own tune?!
      Yeah I also know some German team sings You'll Never Walk Alone but I'm not bothered about that one because it isn't even sung in English. I do feel we sing it more passionatly than any other club in the world.

i see where you're comin from mate. it does sort of suck that they stole our anthem, but what does it make of them when they have to feed off us for their pride and passion. it goes to show that we do have more passionate fans and that they just want to fit in, in a way. celtic is a great team, but that is a personal opinion.
      and i bet you we could beat them in any friendly or euro title any day. ;D
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #7: Feb 23, 2007 08:55:58 am

Sorry mate I have to disagree all this we sing it better than you crap is the reason that for 90% of matches at Anfield YNWA is trickled out before a match not belted out. The amount of people who are yapping either to each other or on there mobiles, the people who just don't join in and those who are to busy stuffing there faces to sing that is the reason YNWA for the most part is a wet lettuce.
      I said in my first post how I had been a bit of a Rangers fan so I am not building Celtic up for the love of it but disliking the club who where the first to help us start again after Hillsborough and even on Tuesday against Milan had a justice banner on show is daft.
      Maybe I'm biased as I'm from the standing up kop era when that song and all the others in our song book where sung like our lives depended on it, but that has changed and I do realise that seating changed everything from the capacity of the kop to half the old farts who wanted to sit in the main stand being allocated tickets on the kop where they are never going to sing.
      I gave my season ticket to my lad a few years ago as 1. he had been on the waiting list for years and 2. I would rather go to away games as the atmosphere is ten times better, no moaning gets expecting us to be 2-0 up in ten minutes.
      I can tell you when the next decent YNWA will be sung its against Man Utd and after that it will be Barca and not Sheff utd on Saturday, surely it should be sung with pride and belief at every game?
      That's why I think the Reclaim the kop campaign is a good Idea and we can get back to singing our song like only we can sing it.
      Cy
      Reply #8: Feb 23, 2007 10:35:02 am
      Sorry mate I have to disagree all this we sing it better than you crap is the reason that for 90% of matches at Anfield YNWA is trickled out before a match not belted out. The amount of people who are yapping either to each other or on there mobiles, the people who just don't join in and those who are to busy stuffing there faces to sing that is the reason YNWA for the most part is a wet lettuce.
      I said in my first post how I had been a bit of a Rangers fan so I am not building Celtic up for the love of it but disliking the club who where the first to help us start again after Hillsborough and even on Tuesday against Milan had a justice banner on show is daft.
      Maybe I'm biased as I'm from the standing up kop era when that song and all the others in our song book where sung like our lives depended on it, but that has changed and I do realise that seating changed everything from the capacity of the kop to half the old farts who wanted to sit in the main stand being allocated tickets on the kop where they are never going to sing.
      I gave my season ticket to my lad a few years ago as 1. he had been on the waiting list for years and 2. I would rather go to away games as the atmosphere is ten times better, no moaning gets expecting us to be 2-0 up in ten minutes.
      I can tell you when the next decent YNWA will be sung its against Man Utd and after that it will be Barca and not Sheff utd on Saturday, surely it should be sung with pride and belief at every game?
      That's why I think the Reclaim the kop campaign is a good Idea and we can get back to singing our song like only we can sing it.

Very good post that mate..
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #9: Feb 23, 2007 11:26:26 am
      Court LFC Im with you pal, Im no F***ing Celtic fan end of.

I love the Reds and they have knicked our Anthem . . . . .

Lets stop all this PC sh*t, this is Liverpool FC not Celtic, find your own F***ing anthem, wankers !
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #10: Feb 23, 2007 11:37:03 am
      Court LFC Im with you pal, Im no f***ing Celtic fan end of.

I love the Reds and they have knicked our Anthem . . . . .

Lets stop all this PC sh*t, this is Liverpool FC not Celtic, find your own f***ing anthem, wankers !

Did you read anything of what I posted? im not some sort of PC celtic fan iam p*ssed off at the claiming of YNWA like its the crown jewels and then when given the chance to sing the F***in thing three quarters of the ground do nothing but pick there nose.
      Put your hand on your heart and tell me how often we have done it justice lately,then read my post again and see that it is reclaiming the kop im after because god help us if we take even half of the currently mute support to a new stadium.
      « Last Edit: Feb 23, 2007 11:43:33 am by Glenbuck »
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #11: Feb 23, 2007 11:51:52 am
      Well fine but thats a different point thats about the kop not about if the Celtic boys have knicked our song or not !??
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #12: Feb 23, 2007 12:01:57 pm
      Well fine but thats a different point thats about the kop not about if the Celtic boys have knicked our song or not !??

No the whole point of the thread is to galvanise all Liverpool fans to sing it better than Celtic fans, it doesnt matter to me if it is Celtic or Rangers or who ever, the point is as you say it is our song no matter how many Mancs or Celtic fans claim to have sung it first.
      We can and should sing it better, then no one would give a toss if Celtic or any one else sang it!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Feb 23, 2007 12:12:59 pm
      I wasn't judging people on this forum by my post. Sorry if I have offended in any way.
      Glenbuck you are totally right about all these people coming to Anfield, stuffing their faces with pies and on their mobile phones when YNWA is brought on to the scene.
      But still my opinion stands. My dislike for Celtic hasn't/won't change. I do feel the 'Reclaim The Kop' campaign is very good because our atmosphere has been dull and lifeless this season. I myself has not stepped into our beautiful stadium for nearly 5 years now and that hurts. Its not that I cannot afford it. It's just I don't know my way there and way home. Because no one is ever up for coming along but thats not the point. People that go week in/week out to Anfield should consider themselfs lucky. Because if they don't really want to be there. What is the point in going?
      If you are sitting in the Kop you should always join in with the famous beloved anthem. Even you guys in the Annie Road end, Centenary Stand... or wherever you sit please join in. And reclaim the most famous atmosphere in British football.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #14: Feb 23, 2007 12:45:53 pm
      I wasn't judging people on this forum by my post. Sorry if I have offended in any way.
      Glenbuck you are totally right about all these people coming to Anfield, stuffing their faces with pies and on their mobile phones when YNWA is brought on to the scene.
      But still my opinion stands. My dislike for Celtic hasn't/won't change. I do feel the 'Reclaim The Kop' campaign is very good because our atmosphere has been dull and lifeless this season. I myself has not stepped into our beautiful stadium for nearly 5 years now and that hurts. Its not that I cannot afford it. It's just I don't know my way there and way home. Because no one is ever up for coming along but thats not the point. People that go week in/week out to Anfield should consider themselfs lucky. Because if they don't really want to be there. What is the point in going?
      If you are sitting in the Kop you should always join in with the famous beloved anthem. Even you guys in the Annie Road end, Centenary Stand... or wherever you sit please join in. And reclaim the most famous atmosphere in British football.

Good post mate, dont be daft about causing offence everyone is entitled to an opinion and its good that we can thrash them out on the forum.
      Hope you get the game soon and you can replace a pie eater. :D
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #15: Feb 23, 2007 12:52:54 pm
      with regards to LFC & the kop not putting in a decent show with YNWA, agreed something that needs to be looked at but regardless if we are singing it well or not I still don't wanna here those jocks singing it . . . .

just my opinion there we go  . . . .
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #16: Feb 23, 2007 01:45:53 pm
      Good post mate, dont be daft about causing offence everyone is entitled to an opinion and its good that we can thrash them out on the forum.
      Hope you get the game soon and you can replace a pie eater. :D
      Haha yeah hopefully :D. Just its impossible for me to get one for any of the games that is fortcoming this season. I haven't got a game on my fan card yet.
      Is there any other way of me getting a ticket from the club?
      « Last Edit: Feb 23, 2007 01:46:46 pm by Court_LFC »
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #17: Feb 23, 2007 02:02:11 pm
      Haha yeah hopefully :D. Just its impossible for me to get one for any of the games that is fortcoming this season. I haven't got a game on my fan card yet.
      Is there any other way of me getting a ticket from the club?

No mate bar joining the 56,000 on the season ticket waiting list the best thing you can do is build up your fan card, too late this season probably just make sure you get to any game you can next season,you know like Portsmouth at home on a tuesday night in October :)
      Anyway now i know your on the lookout for spares il let you know if i hear anything.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: Feb 23, 2007 04:17:47 pm
      No mate bar joining the 56,000 on the season ticket waiting list the best thing you can do is build up your fan card, too late this season probably just make sure you get to any game you can next season,you know like Portsmouth at home on a tuesday night in October :)
      Anyway now I know your on the lookout for spares il let you know if I hear anything.
      Oh cheers for that matey. Anyway apparently my name has been down for a season ticket for about 7 years now...
      I have to be at least half way there!
      Barnsie_04
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #19: Feb 23, 2007 05:56:54 pm
       :'( agree with your point about we should be more cocerned about singing YNWA ourselves then how good or bad other fans sing it. a point i would like to bring up is those fans that only sing the chorus of songs. songs such as fields of anfield road, we love you liverpool, even poor scouser tommy are lost by those that cant be bothered to learn the verse.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #20: Feb 23, 2007 06:59:20 pm
      :'( agree with your point about we should be more cocerned about singing YNWA ourselves then how good or bad other fans sing it. a point I would like to bring up is those fans that only sing the chorus of songs. songs such as fields of anfield road, we love you liverpool, even poor scouser tommy are lost by those that cant be bothered to learn the verse.

Good point there mate. Hmm. Some people need to get dug into their reseach for songs ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #21: Feb 23, 2007 07:31:24 pm
      Good point there mate. Hmm. Some people need to get dug into their reseach for songs ;)

And some people need to actually go to the match and sing, not text or eat or talk or pick noses or god forbid, have one last pint in the Albert and miss YNWA - its ok saying Reclaim the Kop, but you gotta be in there to do it  !!   ;) ;D  ;D ;D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #22: Feb 23, 2007 08:16:17 pm
      Who cares less what anyone else does / says / thinks?
      We are LIVERPOOL FC, the finest club in the land.
      We are known across the planet for who we are, what we do and how we do it.
      Our success is written in history, we lead by example while others try to emulate us.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONEis the fans' anthem, our own unique identity... Sing it like your life depends on it!
      It's part of the rich tapestry of LIVERPOOL FC, it's woven into into our souls!
      I sang it full blast on my birthday at Anfield (A dream come true!) We beat Villa 3-0 and it felt AWESOME!

Follow this link to MySpace:  http://www.myspace.com/ams4lfc and watch the moment we beat Chelski in the Champions League Semi final at ANFIELD. The celebrations are probably the best you will EVER see at ANFIELD... It is INCREDIBLE!!
      I get shivers down my spine when I hear & see it, (Turn the volume up!) It makes you PROUD to be a RED!
      I love
              LIVERPOOL FC...YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!ps sorry if the videos stop/start, be patient!
      « Last Edit: Feb 23, 2007 08:43:02 pm by RED1028 »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #23: Feb 23, 2007 08:22:07 pm
      Who cares less what anyone else does / says / thinks?
      We are LIVERPOOL FC, the finest club in the land.
      We are known across the planet for who we are, what we do and how we do it.
      Our success is written in history, we lead by example while others try to emulate us.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONEis the fans' anthem, our own unique identity... Sing it like your life depends on it!
      It's part of the rich tapestry of LIVERPOOL FC, it's woven into into our souls!
      I sang it full blast on my birthday at Anfield (A dream come true!) We beat Villa 3-0 and it felt AWESOME!

Follow this link to MySpace:  http://www.myspace.com/ams4lfc and watch the moment we beat Chelski in the Champions League Semi final at ANFIELD. The celebrations are probably the best you will EVER see at ANFIELD... It is INCREDIBLE!!
      I get shivers down my spine when I hear & see it, (Turn the volume up!) It makes you PROUD to be a RED!
      I love
      LIVERPOOL FC... YOU@LL NEVER WALK ALONE

ps sorry if the videos stop/start, be patient!

I totally agree with you there Red, i was at that match and it was the best ever atmosphere at anfield i can remember for a long long time - Oh what a night !!  Even little Luis ran over to by we were sitting when he scored his goal, and i've got a pic of me and my mates on P48 on the champions league final programme just when he came over.  Its dead fuzzy but i can see all of us on the pic - awesome !!  ;D ;D
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts | 16 
      Reply #24: Apr 10, 2007 10:32:11 am
      Not a Celtic man myself, those of us that traveled up to Glasgow, first game after Hillsborough  will never forget how they treated us.

Amazing solidarity.

''DennisBhoy here from JungleBhoys it was a great honour to show solidarity with HJC at Sundays game with  rangers......I will give you a brief overview of how the day went. I was the nominated co-ordinator for the HJC banner and distribution of the HJC stickers....

We arrived at Celtic Park at 09.15 with the intention of targetting the media with stickers to let them know something was on the go........We targetted the photographers with stickers and loads of the photographers took the stickers and stuck them on their camera cases......We then had a meeting to discuss tactics with banners and got the HJC banner in place......we then went out to the main stand ant gave out stickers to supporters and players etcetera who were arriving..Paul Hartley took one and put it on his lapel....As I am a person who thinks on his feet i seen Everton Manager "The Chosen One" coming up  to the ground and I caught his attention at first he thought I was some punter after an autograph but soon changed his attitude when he seen the sticker and after I explained about the banner, he was openly moved about the whole event and he said that the people of Liverpool will take this gesture to their hearts for life...He then asked for more stickers and wished us all the best. We then managed to catch all of Scotland religious leaders who attended the game and they were happy to take the stickers and I explained about the banner and our solidarity with the HJC.

Then we entered the stadium still giving out stickers and proceeded to banner position BadgeMan was already in place...as luck would have it a Scouse Evertonian who lives in Glasgow was sat right next to where the banner was being flown from and he was wearing HJC badges that he bought via JB's earlier.

The banner stuck out big time and the rendition of Walk On was sang with a passion different than normal which led to another rendition of Walk On at the start of the second half. We will continue with our solidarity and support for HJC and the 96. I look forward to coming to Liverpool to hand over the banner I beleive that it's our duty to fly this banner at Anfield, so we shall meet soon brothers and sister and remember "You'll Never Walk Alone"

See Links to Banner photo's
      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lawrence.freeman/flags/1.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1522/dsc00691ny5.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7314/bannerswt7.jpg

Hail Hail

DennisBhoy''
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 12, 2007 08:42:03 pm
      Nobody sings the song better than us so lets show the rest of this country by all joning in
      singing the best football anthem ever f**k the pies and f**kall else and SING >:( >:(
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #26: Apr 12, 2007 09:14:49 pm
      The song is also sung by other association football crowds including:

England: Ipswich Town
      Austria: SK Rapid Vienna.
      Netherlands: FC Twente & Feyenoord Rotterdam.
      Germany: FC St. Pauli (also Borussia Dortmund and Alemannia Aachen and FSV Mainz 05).
      Greece: AEK Athens FC (AEK fans adopted a Greek version of the song).
      Japan: F.C. Tokyo.
      Italy: Hellas Verona F.C..
      Belgium: many Belgian traditional clubs (like Club Brugge K.V., Antwerp FC or KV Mechelen) have adopted the song. It has become tradition to hold scarves up high during this song, and - in spite of fierce rivalries between most traditional songs - respect the other team's singing of it.

Quick Reply