Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Change of Sponsor?

Read 28150 times
      HarryFloyd
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      Re: Change of Sponsor?
      Reply #184: Sep 12, 2009 11:47:10 am
      Reckon we'd have been able to keep Carlsberg had we not had the 2 tw*ts in charge of the club.

Carlsberg bled us dry for years...their sponsorship amount was a joke and I for one am glad to see the back of them.. not only brings us a better deal, but also removes a lot of socio-cultural restrictions that have prevented our merchanisde from being marketed effectively around the world..Good riddance to bad rubbish...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #185: Sep 12, 2009 11:56:27 am
      Well in all honesty when you look at the deal against the one we had with Carlsberg, I couldn't really care who sponsors us aslong as it is the best deal for the club, and £13 million a year extra is definately in the best interests of the club.

I just hope once this goes through we see the funds being released to buy players, yes the Yanks are here and until they are gone we are going to have to make the best of a bad situation and this is a step in the right direction and I'm hoping the transfer window passed is a one off due to the recession and re-financing of our debts.

Taking in the whole context of the financial situation the club is in, you can only look at the sponsorship deal as a massive step in the right direction as we are now competing with the big boys in terms of sponsorship aswell as on the pitch, lets just hope the jokers who are running the club realise to stay competative on the pitch money will need to be invested and at the moment IMO, I'd rather they concentrate getting our finances into the black ensuring the club stays viable, staying competative and investing in the squad other than getting into more debt for a new stadium etc.

As a whole a debt free Liverpool FC competing in the top 4 & Europe with a good sponsorship deal and a quality squad is more of an attractive investment opportunity for potential buyers than a debt ridden club.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #186: Sep 12, 2009 10:44:00 pm
      I'm pretty sure any extra money we get from new sponsors will go straight to the cu*ts' accounts.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #187: Sep 13, 2009 11:02:02 am
      Well in all honesty when you look at the deal against the one we had with Carlsberg, I couldn't really care who sponsors us aslong as it is the best deal for the club, and £13 million a year extra is definately in the best interests of the club.

I just hope once this goes through we see the funds being released to buy players, yes the Yanks are here and until they are gone we are going to have to make the best of a bad situation and this is a step in the right direction and I'm hoping the transfer window passed is a one off due to the recession and re-financing of our debts.

Taking in the whole context of the financial situation the club is in, you can only look at the sponsorship deal as a massive step in the right direction as we are now competing with the big boys in terms of sponsorship aswell as on the pitch, lets just hope the jokers who are running the club realise to stay competative on the pitch money will need to be invested and at the moment IMO, I'd rather they concentrate getting our finances into the black ensuring the club stays viable, staying competative and investing in the squad other than getting into more debt for a new stadium etc.

As a whole a debt free Liverpool FC competing in the top 4 & Europe with a good sponsorship deal and a quality squad is more of an attractive investment opportunity for potential buyers than a debt ridden club.

Must agree.

Definitely a step in the right direction - we wouldnt see this happen with Coco the Clown here.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #188: Sep 13, 2009 11:07:11 am
      Where's all my mockups gone?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #189: Sep 13, 2009 11:10:00 am

Your kit designs? In the other thread about this deal.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #190: Sep 13, 2009 11:11:01 am
      Oh yeah. Guess we can close this thread then.

Quick Reply