Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool to play in Cork?

Read 12439 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Liverpool to play in Cork?
      Jun 25, 2009 11:49:00 am
      Kop this – Pool to take on West Cork’s best
      By Sean O’Riordan
      Wednesday, June 24, 2009

IT pays to think big – just ask members of a small, rural soccer club who have landed a match against Liverpool.

Dunmanway Town XI player David Hall simply called Anfield six weeks ago and asked would the men in red like to travel to west Cork for a game.

"I had my reservations when he did it. We have no association with the club and I honestly thought they’d ignore us," club manager John Buckley said.

"Now we’re just over the moon."

Liverpool won’t be sending Steven Gerrard or Fernando Torres but have promised to field a squad which could include Dutch internationals Dirk Kuyt and Ryan Babel as well as French under-21 David Ngog and Daniel Agger.

The David v Goliath clash will take place at 2pm on August 6, but not on the Dunmanway club’s pitch. "We simply wouldn’t have the space. We’re hoping to attract up to 3,000 fans, so we will be staging the match at Maria Immaculata Community College, in Dunmanway," Mr Buckley said.

Liverpool club secretary, Ian Silvester, confirmed yesterday they had accepted the invitation and will fly into Cork the night before the game.

"In its decision to hold this game Liverpool FC, who are aware of their enormous fan base in the region, are bringing a taste of the Premier League to all their fans in west Cork," Mr Buckley said.

The club were runners up in the West Cork Premier League last season. But they won’t be able to match Liverpool’s firepower.

"We are hoping to draft in a couple of League of Ireland players so we can make a game of it. Liverpool are aware of our intention and have no problem with it," Mr Buckley said.

Tickets will cost €20 for adults and €10 for children and senior citizens.

The club, which has around 300 members, will use the money raised to further develop its pitches and purchase new equipment.

It’s unlikely that any fans will travel over from the Kop but then Liverpool needn’t worry as there are thousands of their supporters in Cork who will no doubt be clamouring for tickets.

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/kop-this-ndashpool-to-take-on-west-corks-best--94769.html#ixzz0JRAkbNZk&D

Two days before we play Atletico Madrid?

I don't see why Gerrard wouldn't play but Kuyt and Agger would?

Hmmm...
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Liverpool to play in Cork?
      Reply #1: Jun 25, 2009 11:52:22 am
      That's really strange. I can't think why that might be either.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #2: Jun 25, 2009 11:56:54 am
      I thought we had a new shirt sponsor already for a moment, Castlemaine XXXX and they were going to make the lads play in corks
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #3: Jun 25, 2009 12:01:29 pm
      I thought we had a new shirt sponsor already for a moment, Castlemaine XXXX and they were going to make the lads play in corks

:lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #4: Jun 25, 2009 12:24:49 pm
      Two days before we play Atletico Madrid?

I don't see why Gerrard wouldn't play but Kuyt and Agger would?

Hmmm...

Some journalistic licence being used there!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5: Jun 25, 2009 01:45:45 pm
      I think I may even make the 8 hour trip to see that
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #6: Jun 25, 2009 01:58:51 pm

Me to, il be there. How the feck do you get to Cork? Plane? Bus? Train?
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #7: Jun 25, 2009 02:01:38 pm
      About 3 hour trip for me ;)

Might go meself
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #8: Jun 25, 2009 02:03:02 pm

Might go meself

See use all down their!!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #9: Jun 25, 2009 02:10:49 pm
      Were would I go about getting a ticket?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #10: Jun 25, 2009 02:13:30 pm
      Were would I go about getting a ticket?

On two yellow lines ;)
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #11: Jun 25, 2009 02:16:51 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #12: Jun 25, 2009 02:47:59 pm

Contact the Irish club, seeing as were not being given any tickets, or get a load of cash together, and hang around the ground a couple of hours before offering to buy a ticket for three-times the value of said ticket, just like the Irish do over here!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #13: Jun 25, 2009 03:14:31 pm
      Contact the Irish club, seeing as were not being given any tickets, or get a load of cash together, and hang around the ground a couple of hours before offering to buy a ticket for three-times the value of said ticket, just like the Irish do over here!

:') Thats what we do
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #14: Jun 25, 2009 04:04:50 pm

Might go meself

Same, think I'll hop on the bus and head down. It would be much better than going to the Real Madrid v Shamrock rovers game at €60 a ticket!  ::)

KUYT!  ;D I'm gonna stalk the poor lad! :P
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #15: Jun 25, 2009 04:07:35 pm
      How small are the club that we're playing?

Great for the smaller teams to try to attract some publicity playing clubs like Liverpool.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #16: Jun 25, 2009 04:28:36 pm
      How small are the club that we're playing?

Great for the smaller teams to try to attract some publicity playing clubs like Liverpool.

Tiny! I've never even heard of them. We're talking Pub team size. Fair play to that lad, David Hall, for calling the club. Fair dos to the lad!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #17: Jun 25, 2009 04:50:17 pm

To be honest I prefer the traditional Red kit myself
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #18: Jun 25, 2009 05:44:25 pm

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #19: Jun 25, 2009 06:04:24 pm

Sorry just wanted to gegg in!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #20: Jun 25, 2009 06:42:16 pm
      These are way below the league of Ireland level which is at its best as good as league 1s midtable sides. Id be shocked if our kids didnt play with maybe 2 or 3 big names getting a run for the sake of the fundraising
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #21: Jun 25, 2009 09:10:43 pm
      Will go and see them even if I don't get tickets for the game. 2 hours of a journey.Only 3,000 tickets available. They were refused permission to play the match in the GAA ground which holds 30,000.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #22: Jun 25, 2009 09:52:53 pm
      They were refused permission to play the match in the GAA ground which holds 30,000.

Well the FAI should have there own stadiums by now the tramps shouldn't they
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #23: Jun 25, 2009 10:07:18 pm
      These are way below the league of Ireland level which is at its best as good as league 1s midtable sides. Id be shocked if our kids didnt play with maybe 2 or 3 big names getting a run for the sake of the fundraising

Have a look at the date of the game, no first-teamers will be involved, they'll be on tour in the far-east.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #24: Jun 25, 2009 10:13:31 pm

Has there ever been so much bad grammar in such a short sentence before? :D

Only joking mate, don't mean to sound like the grammar police, that was just funny ;)  This is a strange one indeed.  Should get my local club to give them a ring, see if they'll come over for a game.  I've never been further south than Dublin so I can imagine Cork would be a long drive.  Would be worth it though if I can get someone to go with me, even if it was only the reserves.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Jun 25, 2009 10:42:22 pm
      Cork is a nice place, went there on my Contiki tour in September last year (Also went through Liverpool, was a dream come true)

Funny thing that happened in Cork, me and the boys from the tour were having a drink in the bar of the hotel we were in, nice place. An older bloke that had just won 50,000 on wheel of fortune was in all drunk and happy, buying us drinks. And he kept on saying, well shouting how much he loved Cork.. except with the accent, it sounded like "I love Cooock" We struggled to keep a straight face :lmao:

Even if its just reserves on account of first team in Asia, it would still be a great day for the people of Cork.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #26: Jun 26, 2009 09:55:51 pm
      Anyone know anything about tickets? I can't find any info?
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #27: Jun 27, 2009 03:52:47 pm
      For info about getting tickets.

http://www.westcorkleague.com/Liverpool.html

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #28: Jun 27, 2009 07:23:32 pm

Thanks mate.

Anyone else think this is sad:

Kop this – Pool to take on West Cork’s best

"We are hoping to draft in a couple of League of Ireland players so we can make a game of it. Liverpool are aware of our intention and have no problem with it," Mr Buckley said.

Imagine playing for that club fo years, going to training sessions in the freezing cold and pissing rain in the winter. Then hearing that your going to play against a Liverpool XI! Only to find out that you're not actually going to play because the club is bringing in League Of Ireland players. You'd be gutted!
      bucks72
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #29: Jun 27, 2009 08:06:10 pm
      I will try and play as many of my players as possible even if some of them only get a 5 minute run i think they would rather that than not playing at all against Liverpool.

The web page to check for selling arrangements when we have them finalised is http://www.westcorkleague.com/Liverpool.html

Drop me a e-mail johnbuckley@westcorkleague.com and BEFORE they go on sale we will get back to you regarding tickets sales of when,where,how many,capacity etc.

If anyone would like to offer sponsorship to our club be it Match day programme, pitch side sponsorship etc please also drop me a line at johnbuckley@westcorkleague.com

I would love to help everyone in getting tickets but already in the few days i have received over 600 e-mail requests looking for many many tickets from all over Ireland and a few from UK wanting to come over to game.

Hopefully this will be a great boost to our club financially and also to the local area.

I can't wait for the day as Manager of the team that will take on the Liverpool XI, a thing that is beyond my wildest dreams and i will never forget for the rest of my life.

We are having a great laugh at what has been written about the team and players and for anyone who has missed any of it i have included a link for you to read at http://www.westcorkleague.com/Newspaper_Articles_Dunmanway_Town_V_Liverpool.pdf
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #30: Jun 27, 2009 08:16:38 pm
      Sorry Mr. Buckley I can understand that you will of course want to compete against the Liverpool XI but I think you should start the same XI you have played in the West Cork League. These League of Ireland players will get the chance to play against top opposition again in Champions League and Europa League qualifiers but for your lads it will be a once in a life time opportunity. Of course this is just my opinion and I'm sure you will do what is best for your team and your club.

Anyway best of luck, and hopefully I'll be able to make it down for the match.
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #31: Jun 27, 2009 09:04:14 pm
      Awww I'm gutted, I would soo go down to that but I'm flying back from Paris that day :(
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #32: Jun 29, 2009 09:23:21 am
      Cheers for the info John, we hope it all goes well for you.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #33: Jun 30, 2009 02:02:33 am
      Has there ever been so much bad grammar in such a short sentence before? :D

Only joking mate, don't mean to sound like the grammar police, that was just funny ;) 

Yeah, sorry about that!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #34: Jun 30, 2009 04:54:03 pm
      Tickets go on sale Tomorrow,still no word on how to get tickets.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #35: Jun 30, 2009 05:34:22 pm
      Aw bollocks, i've just realised that i will be in Romania on that date- shizar!
      bucks72
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #36: Jul 01, 2009 04:32:04 pm
      Sorry Mr. Buckley I can understand that you will of course want to compete against the Liverpool XI but I think you should start the same XI you have played in the West Cork League. These League of Ireland players will get the chance to play against top opposition again in Champions League and Europa League qualifiers but for your lads it will be a once in a life time opportunity. Of course this is just my opinion and I'm sure you will do what is best for your team and your club.

Anyway best of luck, and hopefully I'll be able to make it down for the match.

I take on board your point but we have an agreement with Liverpool to amke this a test for them.
      We are planning big things in Dunamanway on this day like a fans camp etc so come to Dunmanway even if you cant get a ticket.

An update also on Tickets.

As you can imagine demand for these tickets is extremely high which has led us to revise our initial planned capacity of 3000 persons at the MICC in Dunmanway. Due to this tickets will now not be going on sale on the 1st Of July 2009.

In response to this increased demand we have decided to increase the capacity of the ground to cater for over 5000 people and as  a result of this change in capacity further security and safety assessments require completion before tickets can go on sale.

For further information in relation to ticket sales please log onto:

www.westcorkleague.com

The website is currently being updated and will continue to be updated at 6pm daily to provide further information with regards to Ticket outlets, costs and availability.

I thank you for your patience and we hope to provide an update soon

John Buckley

P.S. if you are coming to Dunamnway and I am around where you are please come up to me and say hi and tell me where you saw this message.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #37: Jul 01, 2009 04:49:55 pm
      I take on board your point but we have an agreement with Liverpool to amke this a test for them.
      We are planning big things in Dunamanway on this day like a fans camp etc so come to Dunmanway even if you cant get a ticket.

An update also on Tickets.

As you can imagine demand for these tickets is extremely high which has led us to revise our initial planned capacity of 3000 persons at the MICC in Dunmanway. Due to this tickets will now not be going on sale on the 1st Of July 2009.

In response to this increased demand we have decided to increase the capacity of the ground to cater for over 5000 people and as  a result of this change in capacity further security and safety assessments require completion before tickets can go on sale.

For further information in relation to ticket sales please log onto:

www.westcorkleague.com

The website is currently being updated and will continue to be updated at 6pm daily to provide further information with regards to Ticket outlets, costs and availability.

I thank you for your patience and we hope to provide an update soon

John Buckley

P.S. if you are coming to Dunamnway and I am around where you are please come up to me and say hi and tell me where you saw this message.

Fair enough mate. If you have an agreement I'm sure it is for the best of both clubs, and I hope you really do test the Liverpool XI.

I read in the paper today that you have had in excess of 26,00 ticket requests. Of course that is great for Dunmanway Town, and congratulations. But is this number acurate? I fear it will dent my chances of getting a ticket.

One last thing. The original article says that Kuyt, Babel and Agger will be making the trip. Do you know if this is true?

Best of luck in the game, I'm sure you'll make your club proud. Hope to see you there.
      bucks72
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #38: Jul 01, 2009 07:52:07 pm
      Fair enough mate. If you have an agreement I'm sure it is for the best of both clubs, and I hope you really do test the Liverpool XI.

I read in the paper today that you have had in excess of 26,00 ticket requests. Of course that is great for Dunmanway Town, and congratulations. But is this number acurate? I fear it will dent my chances of getting a ticket.

One last thing. The original article says that Kuyt, Babel and Agger will be making the trip. Do you know if this is true?

Best of luck in the game, I'm sure you'll make your club proud. Hope to see you there.

26,000 is a rough estimate for requests, which isnt far off i'd say. Your chances go up every day in getting a ticket as we will get confirmation on Friday that we hopefully will have enough stands to hold 7,500 people, costing us a fortune but more of U will get a ticket.

No players have been confirmed as of yet just that they said a Star Studded side would be travelling.

Regards,
      John
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #39: Jul 01, 2009 10:39:29 pm
      26,000 is a rough estimate for requests, which isnt far off i'd say. Your chances go up every day in getting a ticket as we will get confirmation on Friday that we hopefully will have enough stands to hold 7,500 people, costing us a fortune but more of U will get a ticket.

No players have been confirmed as of yet just that they said a Star Studded side would be travelling.

Regards,
      John

Thanks for all the help and info John. I tried to give you a +. Don't think it went through though?
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #40: Jul 05, 2009 07:28:17 pm
      bucks72
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Re: Liverpool to play in Cork? TICKET INO CONFIRMED
      Reply #41: Jul 08, 2009 09:39:56 am
      Dunmanway Town FC will play Liverpool FC at the Maria Immaculata College in Dunmanway on August 6th

On Thursday August 6th a Liverpool XI will play a match against Dunmanway Town FC XI at the Maria Immaculata Community College, Dunmanway. The match is being promoted by Super Valu, Hochteif, Incydoney Island Lodge and SPA and Bulmer's and many more yet to be confirmed. Additional seating has being brought in to create a capacity of 6800.

Tickets go on general release this coming Saturday (July 11th) at 9am

Tickets will be priced at 40 euro for an adult and 20 euro for a child (Under 16 or Old Age Pensioner).

Ticket selling locations are as follows

· Super Valu, Dunmanway, Co.Cork, at 9am

· Mc Carthy Sports Shop, Bantry, Co.Cork, at 9am

· Hickey's Music Shop, Clonakilty, Co.Cork. at 9am

· Welch Sports, Maylor Street, Cork City at 9am

There is no facility to purchase tickets online for this event or booking in advance.

For Further ticket outlets and ticket selling arrangements outside of Cork please email:johnbuckley@westcorkleague.com

We would like to thank the FAI and their wonderful team in Abbotstown for supporting us and sanctioning the game.

We are grateful to Hochtief for allowing us the full use of the Maria Immaculata Community College available for what promises to be an historic evening for the people of Dunmanway and West Cork.

Please email John Buckley in order to be placed onto the ticket information emailing list please email:johnbuckley@westcorkleague.com
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #42: Jul 08, 2009 06:12:27 pm
      I will be queuing up fairly early and will get as many tickets as I can, so I would be happy to help people out if they can't get to one of the outlets, just give me a shout.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #43: Jul 08, 2009 06:38:14 pm
      Cheers for the info John, we hope it all goes well for you.

I don't. I hope they get twatted 70-0.

;)
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #44: Jul 08, 2009 09:04:11 pm
      Only seven day to go
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #45: Jul 11, 2009 10:15:55 pm
      Tickets sold out in 30 minutes.I got mine so I'm pretty happy.
      bucks72
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #46: Jul 12, 2009 12:10:32 pm
      Delighted for everyone who received their tickets yesterday.
      Please keep an eye on http://www.westcorkleague.com/Liverpool.html for updates on more tickets becoming available.
      bucks72
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #47: Jul 13, 2009 11:38:53 am
      A limited amount of Corporate Tickets will be available at 100 euro each including access to the Bulmers & Carlsberg lounges where complimentary refresments and food will be available. Corporate Tickets again only available on request to johnbuckley@westcorkleague.com

Advertising packages including match tickets starting form 175 euro are available, further information on this can be got by ringing 023 8835698.

There is no facility to purchase tickets online for this event or booking in advance.

For Further ticket selling arrangements outside of Cork please John Buckley.

Further Info Regarding Tickets outside Cork.

We will be in contact regarding this later but no plans for this have been confirmed yet, but there will be an allocation for people outside of Cork.

Also we can not promise or hold any tickets for anyone either in Cork or outside of Cork

Due to limited space at the pitch for wheelchair users Requests for wheelchair access to the game HAS to be e-mailed to johnbuckley@westcorkleague.com and we will confirm if we can facilitate you. These are special security match day tickets and are different to the general Sale Tickets. Please do not attempt to access the pitch if you have a General Sale Ticket and are a wheelchair user.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #48: Jul 13, 2009 11:37:48 pm
      All the very best to you John and your team.

What a wonderful day for you, to play the mighty Liverpool, still hope we beat you mind you  :laugh:

Hopefully it sets you up financially for all or part of the season.
      bucks72
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #49: Jul 14, 2009 01:15:52 am
      All the very best to you John and your team.

What a wonderful day for you, to play the mighty Liverpool, still hope we beat you mind you  :laugh:

Hopefully it sets you up financially for all or part of the season.

Thanks for your kind words.
      Set us up for a season,hopefully a lot longer than that.
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2009 09:42:57 am by Bpatel, Reason: Quote box ammended »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #50: Jul 14, 2009 11:12:51 am

Even better then......I know there's a huge gulf financially between the 'big' teams and the 'smaller' teams, I think it's good that teams like Liverpool or any of the big clubs play games in pre-season to help out the smaller clubs.

Enjoy the day and the experience, I hope Rafa sends a couple of big names to get your gates up even higher.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #51: Jul 14, 2009 11:31:57 am

I would like to know how ye managed to set it up ( I know you must be sick of that question). As a Waterford man twould be great to see them  down here.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #52: Jul 14, 2009 02:24:21 pm
      No offence to Cork.

But I'm sure AFC Liverpool's coffers would have welcomed a nice financial boost.
      LauraMc
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts |
      Reply #53: Jul 15, 2009 02:38:14 pm
      Pissed off I didnt get my ticket. I only live half an hour away from Dunmanway 'n all:(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #54: Jul 16, 2009 01:28:10 am
      Pissed off I didnt get my ticket. I only live half an hour away from Dunmanway 'n all:(

I'm sure if you go down on the day you will get sorted.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #55: Jul 16, 2009 05:57:42 pm
      Good old bit of ebay touting.

Link

No way I'd be paying that kind of money to see the reserves.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #56: Jul 16, 2009 08:33:21 pm
      £10 for postage and packing  :o
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #57: Jul 16, 2009 08:36:48 pm
      tw*t of the highest order.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #58: Jul 16, 2009 08:41:42 pm
      I live in Cork, but i will be on holidays in the Costa del South Wales that week so wont be able to make it :( Can't believe someone has bid £59 for the ticket on e-bay....I thought the €40 was a bit pricey to start with!

If i hear of any tickets floating around Laura i will give you a shout.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #59: Jul 16, 2009 09:43:30 pm

Might be able to get one for you,will keep you updated.
      bucks72
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #60: Jul 18, 2009 11:32:14 pm
      I'm sure if you go down on the day you will get sorted.

dont think so, guards will be looking out for this and told us it will be ZERO tollerance
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #61: Aug 03, 2009 07:54:32 pm
      Irish minnows await Liverpool
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8172011.stm

Ireland has already hosted one of the unlikeliest pre-season pairings of the summer - Shamrock Rovers and Real Madrid - but that match-up is about to be surpassed in the David versus Goliath stakes.

Tiny Dunmanway Town from the southern Irish county of Cork are preparing to host the might of Liverpool - or at least a Liverpool XI, which they are assured will feature some of the club's big-name stars.
      The amateur side, who play in the West Cork Soccer League, landed one of the coups of the summer when they optimistically invited last season's English Premier League runners-up to visit, only for the Reds to accept their offer.
      They have since spent the summer readying the town, which has a population of around 2,500, for the arrival of one of the world's most famous club sides on Thursday.
      The team has borrowed a local school's Gaelic Games pitch for the day and has drafted in just over 7,000 seats - from the same temporary stands used in Shamrock Rovers' narrow 1-0 defeat by Real Madrid in July.
      "We normally play in a farmer's field in front of around 20 people," manager John Buckley told BBC Sport.
      "Someone might normally bring a deckchair or something to sit on, so our capacity will go from one to 7,000 for this game."
      Buckley is a lifelong Liverpool fan himself and says the one-off game has created massive excitement in the area and nationally.
      "The town has been painted red to welcome Liverpool and it's just given a huge boost to the area," he said.
      "There will be fans coming from all over Ireland, as well as from England and beyond."
      Club treasurer Andrew Healy says the local anticipation is akin to Nick Hornby's book Fever Pitch.
      The team have recent signing David Hall, a local doctor, to thank for Liverpool's visit as he used a number of football contacts and perseverance to persuade the Reds to take them up on their offer.
      Hall has been made captain for the day for his efforts, but it is not the only highlight of his week as his wife is also due to give birth to their first baby on the day of the match.
      "I don't think there's any chance of me missing this match," he said.
      "But don't be surprised if you see me bolting from the pitch mid-way through."
      The hosts have also been given permission by the Football Association of Ireland to draft in five players from teams in the League of Ireland - the country's professional and semi-professional divisions.
      As for the team they will face, Liverpool say that it is likely to be made up mainly of reserves, but that there should be some big names travelling.
      The Dunmanway manager, unsurprisingly, is hoping to see one name in particular on the opposing team-sheet.
      "We're hoping that because Steven Gerrard didn't make the pre-season trip to Asia that he'll need the match practice," Buckley said.
      "To see him here would be a dream come true.
      "But I'm not bothered - even to be playing the reserves is a massive deal for us."
      The tie was briefly threatened by an invasion of local rabbits, who dug holes in the pitch but have since been scared away by the construction of the temporary stands.
      Hall - a Manchester United fan - is hoping his own charges will not display any "rabbit in headlights" symptoms and is confident of keeping the scores down for at least the first half.
      "I'm a bit worried for my players to be honest, but we should be all right, we'll try and hold them out until half time," he said.
      Buckley, meanwhile, is expecting many in the crowd to be cheering for the visitors, but is ready to put aside his Liverpool loyalties for the day and concentrate on his own team's efforts.
      "We'll give it a good go and hopefully we'll outshine Shamrock Rovers' efforts against Madrid," he said
      Part II
      Dunmanway Town XI V Liverpool FC XI August 6th 2009 at 2pm
      http://www.westcorkleague.com/Liverpool.html

Dunmanway Town FC will play Liverpool FC at the Maria Immaculata College in Dunmanway on August 6th 
      On August 6th 2009 at 2.00 PM, a Liverpool XI selection will make a visit to play Dunmanway FC XI in the Maria Immaculata Secondary School pitch in Dunmanway, West Cork.
      For the day, there will be a purpose built 6,816 all seater stadium constructed, Dunmanway Town's very own Bernabeu Stadium, well for one day anyway!
      To mark this special occasion, the club have produced a 68 page full colour programme, with article submissions about both Dunmanway Town FC and Liverpool FC.
      The club, in association with musicians Natural Gas, have also recorded a CD called "The 'Pool Are On The Way".
      It's a catchy tune that is both entertaining and captures the excitement locally for the day.
      These are once off productions and will be collector's items in years to come.
      Edited as a lot of advertising, to see full article click on the appropriate link.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #62: Aug 03, 2009 08:01:00 pm
      Is that game tonight ?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      Reply #63: Aug 03, 2009 08:04:39 pm

No, the 6th, KO 2pm, as in Part II. So far and I doubt there will be, NO LIVE LINK to the game.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      Reply #64: Aug 03, 2009 08:13:30 pm
      That game might stop Nemeth and Pacheco from playing on Wednesday.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      Reply #65: Aug 06, 2009 01:47:43 pm
      Kick Off in 15 mins, no news on OWS, or the Irish site. No Streams, No teams, nothing. :(
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #66: Aug 06, 2009 03:08:14 pm
      I doubt there would be much coverage, if its more than the youth team id be suprised
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      Reply #67: Aug 06, 2009 04:09:08 pm
      PACHECO DELIGHTS THE IRISH
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165331090806-1600.htm

Daniel Pacheco scored a fantastic free-kick as a Liverpool XI enjoyed a 1-0 win over Irish minnows Dunmanway Town in Cork on Thursday afternoon. 
      A crowd of over 7,000 turned out to see John McMahon's young Reds in action featuring Pacheco and Krisztian Nemeth on show.

For John Buckley and his amateur West Cork Soccer League side this game was like a dream come true and Pacheco's goal was certainly a goal to remember.

The Spanish starlet curled home a superb free-kick after 10 minutes.

Dunmanway Town, roared on by a passionate crowd, gave their all and should have equalised just before the break but they missed the target when presented with a glorious opening.

The second half was a pretty even affair and for Dunmanway Town this was an occasion they will never forget.

Liverpool XI squad (all played): Martin Hansen, Emmanuel Mendy, Steven Irwin (Captain), Victor Palsson, Chris Mavinga, Andras Simon, Vincent Weijl, Krisztian Nemeth, Daniel Pacheco, Gerardo Bruna, Nathan Eccleston, Dean Bouzanis, Alex Kacaniklic, Jordy Brouwer.

WE WIN! :D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      Reply #68: Aug 06, 2009 04:54:06 pm
      Pacheco ;D. Any highlights for the game ?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #69: Aug 06, 2009 06:26:31 pm
      Glad to see Nemeth's recovered anyway.

Nice one Dani Pacheco.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #70: Aug 06, 2009 06:44:58 pm
      Pacheco scored a stunning free-kick, he absolutely ran the show.The kid is a star.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #71: Aug 07, 2009 07:03:31 am

Quick Reply