Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Michael Owen - Should he stay or should he go?

Should he stay in jail with the barcodes?
      (56%)
      Or should we bail him out?
      (44%)

Michael Owen (Newcastle United)

Read 72265 times
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Re: Michael Owen returning to the reds
      Reply #46: Mar 01, 2007 09:01:48 pm
      didn't keegan choose money when he went to hamburg !

however i agree with your sentiments we don't need or want owen back now anyway . .

bring on villa, eto'o etc . . . . and lets have real pop at the title next season with some real a listers in the team . . . .
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #47: Mar 02, 2007 11:51:36 am
      If Owen rots its his own fault, he was a good player for us but never the soul of LFC. Gerrard & Carra are the soul of this club and they will never leave us.. never!
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #48: Mar 02, 2007 02:18:58 pm
      If Owen rots its his own fault, he was a good player for us but never the soul of LFC. Gerrard & Carra are the soul of this club and they will never leave us.. never!

exactly
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #49: Mar 02, 2007 02:59:54 pm
      quite a few aggressive comments about owen?

he was never loved as much as fowler but people seem to forget what he did for us, shame he left and hope he fully recovers but his time has gone with the mighty reds and agree we should be lookin at D Villa..............Class
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #50: Mar 02, 2007 04:01:26 pm
      as i said very gratefull for what he done for liverpool but on the other hand he sh*t on us so F**k the little miget c**t newcastle can keep him.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #51: Mar 02, 2007 05:50:38 pm
      Owen broke my heart, i bought a Liverpool shirt with "OWEN 10" on the back and the next season he left us. I have no regrets now what has happened to him,      but still i hope he gets well soon.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #52: Mar 02, 2007 05:56:08 pm
      Owen broke my heart, I bought a Liverpool shirt with "OWEN 10" on the back and the next season he left us. I have no regrets now what has happened to him,      but still I hope he gets well soon.

You couldnt get a shirt with Zenden on the back could you :)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #53: Mar 02, 2007 05:58:38 pm
      You couldnt get a shirt with Zenden on the back could you :)

I might get a GK shirt with Dudek on the back ;D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #54: Mar 02, 2007 05:58:45 pm
      Little, impy, mascot boy Owen is not really the kind of person we should be attacking here...its like bullying the smallest kid at school...its a bit pathetic..I blame GH for so much disharmony at the club...I think Owen had had enough and didn't want to be put through it again by a new manager...so his old mate Macca put in a few words and MO saw a nice option to try something different...not that bad really...lets get off his case! But saying that he is now arse so lets leave him at the Toon...
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #55: Mar 02, 2007 06:14:26 pm
      I dont blame Owen for anything the lad gave us fantastic service and won at least one cup final for us on his own, i dont blame him for going to Madrid at a time when it looked like a better option but this is one of the reasons i feel some fans would never want him back, Robbie Fowler for instance was dragged out of Anfield whilst Michael got in a fast car and did a speedy exit.
      The only reason i myself would not have him back is reliability, he is injured more than he's fit and we just can't chance that if we want to push for a league title, also please dont tell me "but he chose Newcastle ahead of us" he didn't he was backed into a corner he was desperate to come back to us the only reason Owen didn't come back to us is the money Newcastle chucked at the deal, we couldn't pay 16mill for a player who a year earlier we let go for 8mill.
      Good luck to the little fella and thanks for the memories but thats what they must stay, memories.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #56: Mar 02, 2007 06:21:37 pm
      'Every dog has his day'.....MO time at LFC is over...now lets give the kid some respest, put the rumours to bed and let bygones be bygones...after all we aren't Scum fans...we have class and appreciate the service of all our players...
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #57: Mar 02, 2007 06:25:23 pm
      Little, impy, mascot boy Owen is not really the kind of person we should be attacking here...its like bullying thesmallest kid at school...its a bit pathetic..

your so funny
       Was owen bullyed into leaving no.
       Did owen think he was bigger than L.F.C yes
       Did he try to hold this club to ransom yes

owen will never be the same player thats why rafa didnt think he was worth the money newcastle paid for his services. he chose newcastle for an easy life shearer left with no medals and is classed as a legend owen will no doubt be the same fu*k him thats what I say. will alway remember the things he done for our club but never forget
      the way he turned his back.

« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2007 06:31:53 pm by tomarto »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #58: Mar 02, 2007 06:31:08 pm
      wasn't bullied into leaving but right now all this aggressive rhetoric is a bit stupid....we have a rich and trophy laiden history...we are secure in the knowledge that we are the greatest and most successful club in the world...we are about to receive alot of cash to move our club forward....lets just be bigger than all this piddling nonsense and move on...'thanks MO...your only human who has made a few errors...bad luck mate as you have missed the boat and we are about to become dominant again'....MOVE ON!!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #59: Mar 02, 2007 06:41:25 pm
      Agreed , he didn't let us down did he only himself?, we are going on to bigger and better things he has to live with the fact that the year after he left us we won the greatest champions league final of all time its time to move on a new hero is waiting to take to the field. God i went all Lord of the rings there! ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #60: Mar 02, 2007 06:46:58 pm
      I know how you feel Tomarto, i feel let down by him because he did not say his good bye's, its like leaving your family without saying goodbye to them, its disgracefull and he should be shamed by the way he left. If he had a Conference to say his goodbyes then maybe i would have an ounce of respect for him but the way he left us was not nice.
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #61: Mar 02, 2007 08:23:40 pm
      here here im not even going to mention his name again have better things to do than talk about him
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #62: Mar 02, 2007 08:43:46 pm
      Dont give a toss meself  ;D  Michael Owen = History  ;)
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2007 11:34:49 am by smigger15 »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #63: Mar 02, 2007 10:03:56 pm
      Exactly...Move On!!!
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #64: Apr 16, 2007 08:28:51 am
      I started this post a while ago, saying Michael Owen might be coming back, now most of the sunday papers are linking him with Man.U.

If he has got over his injury, and it true what the papers say he has a £12mill. get out clause, then i say bring him home, a strikers of his pedigree would be sensational for Liverpool if he was injury free.

Also a other name to throw in the pot is Anelka, another great striker who would come at a fair price
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #65: Apr 16, 2007 08:38:22 am
      I started this post a while ago, saying Michael Owen might be coming back, now most of the sunday papers are linking him with Man.U.

If he has got over his injury, and it true what the papers say he has a £12mill. get out clause, then I say bring him home, a strikers of his pedigree would be sensational for Liverpool if he was injury free.

Also a other name to throw in the pot is Anelka, another great striker who would come at a fair price

Now with Anelka, you're chatting a bit more sense, although personally I reckon we should be aiming a bit higher. But Owen? You're having a laugh aren't you?

It's getting a bit boring having to reiterate this point, which I have to do on a regular basis regarding Harry Kewell. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW GOOD A PLAYER IS, IF THEY ARE HARDLY EVER FIT THEY'RE NOT WORTH BUYING/KEEPING.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #66: Apr 16, 2007 03:08:09 pm
      Didn't Owen say when he signed for Newcastle that he had NO release clause in the contract.

Another example of him being a lying little sh*t.

Now the papers of full of this £10 million release clause.

Too prone to injury now.  For a player that relied on pace rather than his physical game this is not an attractive proposition for us.

Besides that - he left us in the lurch good and proper and his self-important ego would not go down well at Anfield now.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,427 posts | 8650 
      Reply #67: Apr 16, 2007 03:16:20 pm
      To be honest, if he did move from mags to mancs then I think it would prove what a shallow c**t he really is.

I mean lets face it he probably should give newcastle another season, I mean how many games has he actually started for them.

Although all those whoppers who turned up to seen him sign would like beauts wouldn't they.

Would not touch the tw*t again, but if rafa decided bringing him back it would have to be less than 8 mill, simple as

But saying that a large part of his game was pace, and with the last couple of injuries, it would be like watching fowler this season. You know the class is there, but the legs are gone.
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #68: Apr 16, 2007 08:21:40 pm
      Do we really need him? 8)

Quick Reply