Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Voronin ready for Reds fight

Read 18885 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Voronin ready for Reds fight
      Reply #138: Jun 27, 2009 09:06:39 pm
      What you said about Marcheda there is the point I was trying to get across with Voronin maybe he could have pinched us them two goals and we'd have stole the title from under their noses.

Babel I rate very highly but he's a confidence player who wants to play in his preferred position I say loan to him a lesser club say Newcastle for 6 months he gets games week in and week out gets a few goals under his belt comes back to us brimming with confidence and ready for the remainder of the season. Hate to sell the lad theres a potential World Beater somewhere in that sulky moody exterior

Yeah agree on Babel, he has got the talent if he just fixes his attitude right.

But did you see Marcheda? I hate to say it about a scum player, but at 17 he showed more in those games than i ever remember seeing from Voronin. He didnt need 10 chances to get a goal, and he moved quickly and created problems. The goal he scored against Villa was something i could never see Voronin score, because he is too slow. I watched both the games Marcheda scored in, as i was watching most of manures games towards the end hoping for a loss, so i have seen him play and he is far from a Voronin type player.

PS My parents nice big Plasma was lucky to survive when Marcheda scored those, especially against Villa... wow was i one angry motherf***er
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #139: Jun 27, 2009 09:07:11 pm
      LFC Reds Exclusive!

RedLFCBlood reveals himself on the What Do You Look Like thread!

Now that's loyalty!

;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #140: Jun 27, 2009 09:08:16 pm
      LFC Reds Exclusive!

Now that's loyalty!

;)

:lmao: :lmao:

Now i see why he is debating his point so much!!! :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #141: Jun 27, 2009 09:09:35 pm
      LFC Reds Exclusive!

Now that's loyalty!

;)

ha ha fugg off ya c**t i would not be seen dead in leopard print unless it was thong ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #142: Jun 27, 2009 09:14:35 pm
      I can't believe half the posts on the forum tonight are about this bag of sh*te.

Rafa will loan him out again before him and his stuck-up missus have had time to settle.

TBH I'm surprised Ryan "Marlow" Babel hasn't tried pimping her out yet*

*One for the Wire fans on here!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #143: Jun 27, 2009 09:20:12 pm
      LFC Reds Exclusive!

Now that's loyalty!

;)

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #144: Jun 27, 2009 09:20:49 pm
      Touched a nerve, Mrs Voronin?

;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #145: Jun 27, 2009 09:29:01 pm

Nope that was my penis now could you kindly remove your hand from my thigh thanks dear sir
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #146: Jun 28, 2009 12:04:13 am
      ;D saucy ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Reply #147: Jun 28, 2009 12:32:15 am
      What are you two actually trying to say then? Once we sign a player we should give them unconditional support, regardless of their performances?

If Voronin plays another game for us (and I hope he doesn't) then he'll have my full, unconditional support because I'll want Liverpool to succeed, and for Liverpool to succeed the players need to perform well. However, because a player has joined Liverpool doesn't mean I have to think they're the greatest player in the world.

In the matches he played for us I found him to be at times lazy and uninterested in regaining possession. I found him to be lacking the necessary technical ability and desire to take our team where it belongs: to the top. As such, when he isn't wearing the shirt I'll say what the hell I want about him, and getting on your high horses about it to try and prove a point about how a supporter should behave is over the top.

The "excuses I use for the other sh*te we've got", as you put it DLS, are sometimes based on a player's age or the number of games they've had, I don't see why you have a problem with these arguments? Voronin is at an age where he will no longer improve significantly, so I don't ever think he'll be good enough. I would prefer to see a young player with the potential to improve take his spot.

So thanks Voronin, for wanting to return and fight, even if it's just because Hertha don't want you anymore. You were keen to stay there while they wanted you.

Sorry to drag this up since so much has gone on, but just to answers the few points you've made.

Firstly no, I don't think a player should be given unconditional support, off the field, just because they play for Liverpool. I'm as critical of our players as aybody. But they should be given credit for wanting to fight for their place, whatever their reasoning behind wanting to come back. Take Johnson as the prime example, some people are over the moon he came here

And the excuses, maybe people do take into account their age or experience or what have you. But Voronin when he joined was 27 (i think) with no Premiership experienced and found himself up against a forward line of new 20 million pound signing Torres, new 11 million pound signing Babel as well as Crouch and Kuyt who between them cost 17 million. It was hardly surprising he didn't set the world a light in his 28 appearances, 18 (13 in the league) of which were starts and he finished just 7 of those 18. So maybe the excuses should be used for him as it was first season and he was adapting to a new country.

I've already said I don't want Voronin here next year because in those 28 games he didn't show enough to be considered good enough in ability or attitude. But I will give the lad credit where it's due and wanting to fight for his place deserves credit.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #148: Jun 28, 2009 12:41:39 am
      Sorry to drag this up since so much has gone on, but just to answers the few points you've made.

Firstly no, I don't think a player should be given unconditional support, off the field, just because they play for Liverpool. I'm as critical of our players as aybody. But they should be given credit for wanting to fight for their place, whatever their reasoning behind wanting to come back. Take Johnson as the prime example, some people are over the moon he came here

And the excuses, maybe people do take into account their age or experience or what have you. But Voronin when he joined was 27 (I think) with no Premiership experienced and found himself up against a forward line of new 20 million pound signing Torres, new 11 million pound signing Babel as well as Crouch and Kuyt who between them cost 17 million. It was hardly surprising he didn't set the world a light in his 28 appearances, 18 (13 in the league) of which were starts and he finished just 7 of those 18. So maybe the excuses should be used for him as it was first season and he was adapting to a new country.

I've already said I don't want Voronin here next year because in those 28 games he didn't show enough to be considered good enough in ability or attitude. But I will give the lad credit where it's due and wanting to fight for his place deserves credit.

Totally Agree with you mate well said
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #149: Jun 28, 2009 07:16:38 am
      But I will give the lad credit where it's due and wanting to fight for his place deserves credit.

Fair enough. Normally it's a position I'd take myself, a player's determination to succeed means a lot to me, and usually I am willing to give someone extra time to adapt and impress if they show the right mentality.

Still, in this case I have my reserves as to the authenticity of his comments and the genuine motivation behind them, which I explained earlier in the thread.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #150: Jun 28, 2009 01:12:07 pm
      Just over 15 days until the first pre season match!!!! Yayer, I'm excited to see the lads back in action!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #151: Jun 28, 2009 01:20:15 pm
      Just over 15 days until the first pre season match!!!! Yayer, I'm excited to see the lads back in action!!!

Heres hoping Rafa has all his transfers tied up by then and we get to see how our team will be lining up first game of the season
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #152: Jun 28, 2009 04:51:41 pm
      Fair enough. Normally it's a position I'd take myself, a player's determination to succeed means a lot to me, and usually I am willing to give someone extra time to adapt and impress if they show the right mentality.

Still, in this case I have my reserves as to the authenticity of his comments and the genuine motivation behind them, which I explained earlier in the thread.

I'm with you all the way mate. Voronin is nowhere near good enough to play for Liverpool. Everyone is going on about the stats when compared with Robbie Keane with regards to goals/ per mins on pitch.

Does anyone know the stats for amount of times he lost the ball when unchallenged in possession?, the amount of times he ran his guts out when easily dispossessed to win the ball back (he should get some tips from Mascherano)?, the amount of hissy fits he threw when things didn't go his way?, the amount of aimless passes?, and his total lack of awareness with regards to players around him.

He has said some very hurtful things about the club, the city, and who knows what else? Hertha don't want him, so he comes crawling back on his hands and knees, begging for another chance. If Hertha had chose to keep him, then these reports would never have been read in the first place.

I agree with the posters who have said we should support the players of this club, and I always will, but he doesn't give a f**k about Liverpool. He shows no passion for the club, and for that reason alone, I have no respect for him. Totally agree with Ayrton's doubts as to the authenticity of Voronin's comments, I think Voronin is full of sh*t. He is 29 years old and should be in his prime already, so to say we should give him more time to develop holds no water with me at all.

He has shown a lack of respect to the club, the city and it's people with his previous comments and his attitude on the pitch. Respect works both ways and you have to earn it from the fans, and I'm afraid Voronin hasn't. We need players who'll walk through hellfire and brimstone for the club. I say that we give NGog, Pacheco and Nemeth a chance next season.

Old whiskey nosed c**t did it with Macheda last season and it paid off. These youngsters are exciting prospects and age should play no barrier. If you're good enough, you're good enough.
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2009 05:06:46 pm by hardcoresoldier, Reason: Mistake »
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #153: Jun 28, 2009 05:10:09 pm
      +1 ^^^
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #154: Jun 29, 2009 05:30:18 am
      Has some nerve this Voro lad. Slags off the club, city and manager then marks some sort of a grand return.

johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #155: Jun 29, 2009 06:41:36 pm
      Big Ego little skill. Doesn't deserve another chance after some of his comments and lack of goals.
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #156: Jun 29, 2009 07:22:46 pm
      hopefully he will be better than he was the first time he was a lfc there was nothen wrong with the lad but back up for steve and fernando
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #157: Jun 29, 2009 10:00:03 pm
      Dosen't deserve another chance after slagging off Liverpool
      Glory_of_anfield_road
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #158: Jun 30, 2009 04:08:32 am
      Though he was on loan to the WWE under the alias Triple H? this lad gets around  ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #159: Jun 30, 2009 10:46:34 am
      If he comes back and bags us a few goals coming on as a sub turning draws into wins, i'll forgive & forget ;D
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #160: Jun 30, 2009 11:29:19 am
      Voronin is no where near the class of Villa and I think we must try and sell voronin for as much money as possible and put it toward signing Villa

Quick Reply