Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Ever Banega (Valencia)

Read 30308 times
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Re: Ever Banega (Valencia)
      Reply #92: Jun 02, 2010 02:39:28 am
      I dont see the lad much as Masch kind of player,so It would surprise me if Banega comes to replace him.More likely I think is the Aqua kind of player,a talented attacking midfielder.A playmaker,or sort of,so pretty excited with the possibility!(although I wouldnt like to see Alberto leaving,would like to have them both..)
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #93: Jun 02, 2010 02:47:59 am
      He's similar to Alonso in his playing style, a proper CM.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #94: Jun 02, 2010 03:06:51 am
      I dont see the lad much as Masch kind of player,so It would surprise me if Banega comes to replace him.More likely I think is the Aqua kind of player,a talented attacking midfielder.A playmaker,or sort of,so pretty excited with the possibility!(although I wouldnt like to see Alberto leaving,would like to have them both..)

To clarify my post, I was saying because if Masch left, I think Rafa slots in Lucas at that position. Not that Banega is that type of player.

I am alone around here as far as my view. I don't really want him in a Red shirt next season.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #95: Jun 02, 2010 04:57:27 am
      Banega is good in both holding and passing, and younger than Masch. I don't want to see Masch leaves but his wife's problems can make him take that descision.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #96: Jun 02, 2010 10:50:06 am
      This will never happen at £8m. He's worth at least double.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #97: Jun 02, 2010 07:10:54 pm
      Anyone that thinks he is over rated hasn't watch him this season, the reason people are raving about him on here is because they have seen the lad play.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #98: Jun 02, 2010 08:24:36 pm
      Anyone that thinks he is over rated hasn't watch him this season, the reason people are raving about him on here is because they have seen the lad play.

I've watched him play all season. Think he's a talent, but I don't think he's something we need. If we lose Gerrard or by some crazy reason we sell Aquilani (won't happen, I know) then I'd bring in Banega but as we stand right now and if we don't lose anyone, then I'd rather look elsewhere.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #99: Jun 02, 2010 08:40:04 pm
      If the lad is available at £8.5 million he is a must irrevelant if anyone goes or not, he is a much better player than Lucas and would be a better partner for Masch giving our midfield much more balance. That is obviously if Masch stays
      mickeyfinn
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #100: Jun 02, 2010 09:51:47 pm
      Banega is available for 8.5 million pounds because he has a sell-out clause of 8.5 million... He is worth much more than that but it's in his contract so if Liverpool meet that price they can't say no
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #101: Jun 02, 2010 10:01:42 pm
      Suprised they put a buy out clause for that in his contract especially when they paid nearly £18 million for him.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #102: Jun 02, 2010 10:49:43 pm
      If the lad is available at £8.5 million he is a must irrevelant if anyone goes or not, he is a much better player than Lucas and would be a better partner for Masch giving our midfield much more balance. That is obviously if Masch stays

This is where we disagree though. I rate him more then Lucas, but I think Gerrard or Aquilani should be back next to Masch all season long, given health. Considering we all know £8.5M could be the end of our budget, I'd rather strengthen other positions.

I wouldn't throw a fit if we bought Banega, especially at £8.5M, but I just hope theres more money to be spent.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #103: Jun 03, 2010 09:11:31 am
      Suprised they put a buy out clause for that in his contract especially when they paid nearly £18 million for him.

Every player has to have a clause in Spain.

On the other hand, he has played 1 season in Europe that he has impressed, and two in which he has failed.
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #104: Jun 03, 2010 03:17:15 pm
      would only want this guy as a replacement as we have enough in the squad to fill his position. Nice price though

Every player has to have a clause in Spain.

what is the reason behind this crouchie do you know?

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #105: Jun 03, 2010 03:29:54 pm
      On the other hand, he has played 1 season in Europe that he has impressed, and two in which he has failed.
      I wouldn't call it failed, more that he wasn't ready yet and still had to develop more, he's just 21 afterall.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #106: Jun 03, 2010 10:48:11 pm

Like Lucas then  :f_tongueincheek:
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #107: Jun 04, 2010 02:22:51 am
      Dismiss this, now that we don't have Rafa, IMO.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #108: Jun 04, 2010 02:36:05 am
      I wouldn't call it failed, more that he wasn't ready yet and still had to develop more, he's just 21 afterall.

He was bought, played a handful of games and then played so many off the bench at Atletico. Even Atletico didn't want him before last season.

Lucas > Banega, sunshine.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #109: Jun 04, 2010 07:15:23 am
      He was bought, played a handful of games and then played so many off the bench at Atletico. Even Atletico didn't want him before last season.

Lucas > Banega, sunshine.

Jesus, is that last line some kind of heavy political joke, because either i've been in coma and lost an entire season where Lucas achieved the incredible amount of 3 goals and 5 assists, I think you're utterly wrong. No one would pay 18 millions for Lucas EVER. Forever Never Endeavour And Ever. Never Never. Ever. Endeavour. Not even 8.5 millions. In fact I'd ask for money to get Lucas in my team.

That or you just used some kind of extremely powerful irony.

I've seen Banega since he was in River and he's got a lot of skills, style and confidence. JUST like Lucas. Rofl. Banega is much better by a mile. Can't believe the club is in such a bad situation that we are doubting about paying 8.5 millions for him. But anyway I think that if we only have 10 millions to use, we should get a LB or LW. Too bad really, because it's not only about how much he costs but about how much he'll be worth in the future, just like an investment.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #110: Jun 05, 2010 03:08:11 am
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #111: Jun 05, 2010 10:58:01 am

I totally get the sarcasm and the irony of an 18 year old kid calling a 32 year old man sunshine, my 9 year old boy does it all the time, I call it little man syndrome ;D
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #112: Jun 05, 2010 08:18:50 pm
      I totally get the sarcasm and the irony of an 18 year old kid calling a 32 year old man sunshine, my 9 year old boy does it all the time, I call it little man syndrome ;D

Steady on, old-timer.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #113: Jun 06, 2010 05:03:27 am

I love the implied power by stating 18 year old 'kid' and 32 year old 'man' who continually seeks an ego boost by posting to get on my adolescent tits :)

Enjoy!

Lucas for PM. Banega can stay where he is.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #114: Jun 06, 2010 05:15:10 am
      I love the implied power by stating 18 year old 'kid' and 32 year old 'man' who continually seeks an ego boost by posting to get on my adolescent tits :)

Enjoy!

Lucas for PM. Banega can stay where he is.

Are they fully developed those adolescent tits?

:D

If the fund were avaliablt to spare on a guy like this, totally be up for it. I like him from what ive seen.

But, for me left wigers are the priority. Turan! Central midfield will be fine if we can keep hold of players and they stay injury free. Which these are the kind of things we have to hope for on our budget at the mo.

Quick Reply