Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Man City make £25m bid for Eto'o

Read 5572 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Man City seal deal for Eto'o
      Reply #23: Jun 29, 2009 11:22:19 am
      I can't believe they want Hughes to deal with all those egos...he's not experienced enough for that. They'll make him wash their boxers.

After what Scolari said about the Chelsea players under his charge, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

If an experienced and recognised manager can't get respect from him team, how's Hughes meant to do it?

This is just one of the problems with some clubs efforts to throw money around in the hope of improving. Chelsea had it with their big names and egos, I'm sure the same will happen with Man City.

They aren't trying to build a team, just buying a bunch of famous faces. I'll be surprised if they improve on what they did last season TBH.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: Jun 29, 2009 03:58:07 pm
      After what Scolari said about the Chelsea players under his charge, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

If an experienced and recognised manager can't get respect from him team, how's Hughes meant to do it?

This is just one of the problems with some clubs efforts to throw money around in the hope of improving. Chelsea had it with their big names and egos, I'm sure the same will happen with Man City.

They aren't trying to build a team, just buying a bunch of famous faces. I'll be surprised if they improve on what they did last season TBH.

I agree buying any 1 and every 1 is not going to make a Team and if the wages are correct of a whopping 250.000 it will also probably lead to a little unrest from certain players i.e Robhino for sure, I can see it all going tits up at Man Ciity this coming season and the comment about Hughes being out by December will also probably come true Soulless club with no history Pah we'll sh*t em
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Jun 29, 2009 04:36:17 pm
      No person in any walk of life should be paid 250 grand a week. Fu**in disgrace that
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #26: Jun 29, 2009 04:38:35 pm
      No person in any walk of life should be paid 250 grand a week. Fu**in disgrace that

F**k me for 250.000 a week I would be the Royal Family's Personal Bidet and lick the sh*t from around their arseholes
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #27: Jun 30, 2009 10:50:37 am
      Eto'o seems to have a brain, according to his agent. ;)

After reading an article yesterday I'm not surprised by this, because Barca's Xavi was listing the quality players they have to challenge for La Liga next season, and Eto'o was one of the ones he mentioned.

Eto'o stay likely - agent

Striker leaning towards remaining with Spanish club.

Samuel Eto'o is leaning towards rejecting an offer from Manchester City and staying with Barcelona, according to the striker's agent.

Sky Sources understand Premier League club City have lodged a £25million bid for the Cameroon international.

However, Eto'o's agent, Josep Maria Mesalles, claims the attacker is more inclined to remain at Camp Nou for the remainder of his contract, which expires in 2010.

"If there is not a 180-degree turnaround then he will stay with Barcelona," Eto'o's representative told ONA FM.

According to Spanish reports, Eto'o is unhappy with the way that he is seemingly being forced out by Barca and he could decide to stay in a bid to upset the club's plans.

This scenario would then allow him to leave the Spanish giants on a free transfer under the Bosman ruling next summer.

Skysports
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Jun 30, 2009 10:56:04 am
      Seems so I read that on teletext early hours of this morning.....

You can't really leave Barcelona for Man City your motives get questioned straight away innit
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Man City make £25m bid for Eto'o
      Reply #29: Jun 30, 2009 03:54:58 pm
      Thread title changed as it's not even near the negotiation stages.
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2009 04:10:17 pm by Reslivo »
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #30: Jun 30, 2009 07:26:02 pm
      Eto'o seems to have a brain, according to his agent. ;)

After reading an article yesterday I'm not surprised by this, because Barca's Xavi was listing the quality players they have to challenge for La Liga next season, and Eto'o was one of the ones he mentioned.

Eto'o stay likely - agent

Striker leaning towards remaining with Spanish club.

Samuel Eto'o is leaning towards rejecting an offer from Manchester City and staying with Barcelona, according to the striker's agent.

Sky Sources understand Premier League club City have lodged a £25million bid for the Cameroon international.

However, Eto'o's agent, Josep Maria Mesalles, claims the attacker is more inclined to remain at Camp Nou for the remainder of his contract, which expires in 2010.

"If there is not a 180-degree turnaround then he will stay with Barcelona," Eto'o's representative told ONA FM.

According to Spanish reports, Eto'o is unhappy with the way that he is seemingly being forced out by Barca and he could decide to stay in a bid to upset the club's plans.

This scenario would then allow him to leave the Spanish giants on a free transfer under the Bosman ruling next summer.

Skysports

According to his agent. I'm sick of listening to agents including Xabi's, Arbeloa's and Mascherano's. Don't know wether to believe them or not.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #31: Jun 30, 2009 07:35:38 pm
      And not forgetting Lavezzi's too.

Quick Reply