Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

WWE

Read 268910 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Re: WWE
      Reply #1863: Mar 26, 2014 02:38:14 am
      I'm a big Austin mark and even I agree with you on that one. Don't think Angle ever won one either, yet Batista has two...

I was a huge Austin fan back in the day but watching all the old RAW videos on the Internet, it's shocking just how much every major storyline revolved around him. Cena gets hated for the exact same thing nowadays yet Stone Cold is everyone's god. (I know Austin had some genuine wrestling ability as well though, unlike Cena).

I don't think Angle won a Rumble, certainly don't remember it offhand. (don't wanna google it either and ruin the future, or past, Rumbles I'll watch as I go through the years :laugh:). The first one Batista won was deserved, he was hugely over by that point. The one he won this year was embarrassing but blatantly obvious as soon it was revealed he was coming back.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #1864: Mar 26, 2014 02:56:20 am
      I was a huge Austin fan back in the day but watching all the old RAW videos on the Internet, it's shocking just how much every major storyline revolved around him. Cena gets hated for the exact same thing nowadays yet Stone Cold is everyone's god. (I know Austin had some genuine wrestling ability as well though, unlike Cena).

I don't think Angle won a Rumble, certainly don't remember it offhand. (don't wanna google it either and ruin the future, or past, Rumbles I'll watch as I go through the years :laugh:). The first one Batista won was deserved, he was hugely over by that point. The one he won this year was embarrassing but blatantly obvious as soon it was revealed he was coming back.

Austin at his peak was the biggest wrestling star ever though (with only Hogan having any argument with that) and was nearly always entertaining. That Rumble was one of the very few times that Austin going over wasn't the correct decision.

I'm an even bigger Angle mark than Austin one, they had a hell of a fun match at Summer Slam 2001, should go back and watch that while you're at it! I never liked Batista.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1865: Mar 26, 2014 03:15:33 am
      Austin at his peak was the biggest wrestling star ever though (with only Hogan having any argument with that) and was nearly always entertaining. That Rumble was one of the very few times that Austin going over wasn't the correct decision.

I'm an even bigger Angle mark than Austin one, they had a hell of a fun match at Summer Slam 2001, should go back and watch that while you're at it! I never liked Batista.

I agree Austin was the biggest name in the sport but for me the WWF Title is bigger than anybody and that should be the biggest story, not whoever Austin is. Just started the 5th Feb 2001 edition of RAW, starts with video footage from SmackDown where Triple H (the fella Austin is feuding with) getting put into the title match between Angle and Rock for no reason whatsoever, ends with Austin making the count for Hebner to have Triple H losing. The storyline isn't Angle retaining his title, it's all about Austin/Triple H. And by this time, I think Rock had surpassed Austin in terms of fan support but even he was playing second fiddle to the Rattlesnake.

Watching the old videos though just shows how good a roster it was back then. Practically every match had main event caliber stars with the exception of maybe the Hardcore Title matches which were just great fun to watch.

I'll get to SummerSlam soon enough mate. Like I said, just got into February 2001...Eddie Guerrero has just returned and the Radicals are back to full strength. I loved that stable. Guerrero and Benoit were as talented as they come, Malenko was one of me fave wrestlers and Saturn had Terri beside him which made him bearable :laugh:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1866: Mar 26, 2014 04:25:22 pm
      No! No! No!

Cena Joins Forces With Shield
      Thanks to WrestlingINC.com readers @willfortweet , @heweyinbound , @TheJonOMalley , Dayjayvw and Dan for sending in these notes after tonight's SmackDown went off the air in Boston:
      After tonight's SmackDown taping went off the air, Bray Wyatt challenged John Cena to a match. Kane came out and made it a handicap match with Cena vs. The Wyatts, but was overruled by Vickie Guerrero, who turned the it into an eight man tag pitting Cena and The Shield against The Wyatts and Kane.

Cena and The Shield defeated The Wyatt Family after Cena and The Shield hit their finishers and Roman Reigns pinned Luke Harper. After the match, Cena cut a promo and celebrated with The Shield, with the four of them doing The Shield's signature pose, as seen below:

Yet another example of Cena latching himself onto the biggest babyfaces in the company. He tried it constantly with Bryan, now it's the Shield.

Why won't the WWE and it's creative team realise that no matter what Cena does, certain sections of the fans won't take to him. Alls this is gonna do is increase the belief that Reigns is gonna become the new "superman" at the top and actually have the Shield booed at the end of their victory. (not actually at the Shield but they'll be there)

The match fair enough, it makes some sort of logic. Also keeps people's hopes up of a Wyatt/Shield feud post-Mania. But there's no reason for Cena to be celebrating like that with the Shield.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1867: Mar 27, 2014 12:56:56 pm
      Am I right in thinking that 4 way fight between Christian, Sheamus, Del Rio, and Ziggler will have the winner fight Big E in the intercontinental championship only on the WWE Network?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1868: Mar 29, 2014 01:43:57 pm
      You know what idea has grown on my, but will never happen in a million years? The Shield v Wyatt's in the Main Event of WrestleMania.

The more I think about it the more I think it would work. The Shield have the potential to be as badass as any faction in wrestling history and the Wyatt's are so eerie it's actually entertaining. Can't remember ever being legitimately sold by a promo that you know is not a shoot as I have with vignette's they produce.

Everyone loves getting behind a team and it would definitely divide opinion as to who the dominant force is. Only problem is they have already had a feud, but it was the feud that everyone was into at the time and got 'This is awesome' chants for staredowns!

Let's be honest, we all know the match itself would deliver. Again.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1869: Apr 01, 2014 02:48:10 am
      What a below average Pre-Wrestlemania RAW this has been.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1870: Apr 02, 2014 01:06:24 pm
      Agree entirely, RAW was sh*t.

I must admit I liked the Cena bit of creeping in behind the Wyatt Family.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1871: Apr 02, 2014 01:21:13 pm
      Actually hoping for Bryan v HHH to be first on the card.

Bryan wins and the crowd is hyped all night for the rest of the matches in anticipation for the main event.

Trying to guess where all the time will go - it could be a card full of great matches. All times inc entrances/promos:

Bryan/HHH - 40 mins
      Battle Royal - 20 mins
      Divas - 10 mins
      Shield/NAO & Kane - 20 mins
      Cena/Wyatt - 40 mins
      Brock/Taker - 45 mins
      Main Event - 40 mins

Extra time for other material - 25 mins.

Perfect amount of allotted time for every match to put on a great show. Would love to see each of those 40 minute marked matches go at least half an hour in the ring. Though I doubt that's happening. Shaving 5 mins from each of those big timed matches and adding in a bunch of bs we will see a thousand times over on the Pre-Show is more likely.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1872: Apr 02, 2014 01:44:07 pm
      I'll be honest with you mate, don't know if Lesnar and Taker could last a 45 minute match. (I know you said it includes entrances etc which could be 44 minutes Taker entrance alone.)

I think that will be a much shorter match but will have the brutality all crammed in. In this case, a quick brutal 15 min match would be better than a long drawn out half hour match in my opinion.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1873: Apr 02, 2014 05:10:56 pm
      You're probably right.

The realistic times for each match would leave close to an hour for extras which worries me. Don't think there have been any live performances announced yet, has there? I know the Wyatt's theme may be played live. Would be sick if Eminem performed, but that's about as likely as Punk showing up at this point. BTW I would love to hear Bray say "Louisiana, we're home"

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1874: Apr 05, 2014 02:53:15 pm
      CM Punk broke his twitter silence, not to tweet, rather to favourite a tweet from Albert. That was tweeted on 3/16 (American time and format).

Major trolling going on? :laugh:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1875: Apr 05, 2014 06:18:26 pm
      Austin has confirmed he's gonna be at WresteMania.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1876: Apr 05, 2014 06:26:13 pm
      Austin has confirmed he's gonna be at WresteMania.

He said on his podcast Tuesday that he was going to be there. Not sure why it took a TMZ story for people to take notice.

What could the angle be? WZ ran a story that he and Punk had a segment pitched to them that would lead to a match at WM31. Don't see that happening.

Also, Rev Theory performing Voices live is going to be sick!
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #1877: Apr 05, 2014 06:42:51 pm

Possibly a backstage segment with the Rock or some other star. Or a run-in (but unlikely).

Or Hogan might bring him out at the start of the show, which I can see happening.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1878: Apr 05, 2014 10:26:08 pm
      The Austin angle is this as follows;

Undertaker beats Lesnar, Heyman's pulling what hair he has left out of his head and then bang, the glass shatters. Austin, wearing an "Original Paul Heyman Guy" T-shirt makes his way to the ring and stares off with Taker. Leading to a match between two of the biggest names ever for WrestleMania 31.

Plus Austin and Taker have never faced each other at Mania have they? It could be the ultimate test of Undertaker's Streak.

Oh by the way, none of this is gonna happen, just thought I'd let me imagination get carried away.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1879: Apr 06, 2014 01:01:12 am
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1880: Apr 06, 2014 01:06:48 am
      How the F**k did Miz cop for Maryse?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1881: Apr 06, 2014 02:11:47 am
      First inductee - Lita.

And she's inducted by Trish Stratus...who else?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1882: Apr 06, 2014 03:12:19 am
      Jake Roberts' speech came straight from the heart.

Takes a man to say what he did about himself. I don't usually respect fellas who cheat on their birds and F**k their kids about but The Snake is genuine upset by what he did.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1883: Apr 06, 2014 03:18:39 am
      Jake Roberts' speech came straight from the heart.

Takes a man to say what he did about himself. I don't usually respect fellas who cheat on their birds and F**k their kids about but The Snake is genuine upset by what he did.

More a road to recovery than a road to Wrestlemania for Jake.  Sometimes, no matter what you do, life finds a way to make it worth living.

Christ, 'Mean' Gene still has the voice, no crackle, no croak.  Give him a job!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1884: Apr 06, 2014 04:22:56 am
      Tears streaming down me face on Paul Bearer's induction.

And loved Razor Ramon's, especially the Kliq pose at the end.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #1885: Apr 06, 2014 05:22:37 am
      Great speech from Warrior.

Quick Reply