Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

The Alonso & Mascherano saga 09

Read 31748 times
      g.adair
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Re: The Alonso & Mascherano saga 09
      Reply #299: Jul 13, 2009 08:40:15 pm
      Tara xabi lad.
      you'll be missed but weel have a good laugh when we knock that sh*te out again in europe.
      i seem to remember Michael owen also thought the grass was greener at the berabau and how wrong that little weasel was.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #300: Jul 13, 2009 08:52:10 pm
      I for one will be sad if Xabi goes, but if his heart is not here anymore i would rather him leave and get someone else to give this club 100%. The lad must be still pissed off that Rafa tried to sell him last season?
      Would not hold anything against Xabi and wish him all the best, that's if he does leave.

PLEASE STAY XABI.

CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #301: Jul 13, 2009 09:04:00 pm
      I'll be gutted if he does go and I don't really get the ill feeling    :-\  that he still harbours from last season's debacle with Barry. Ok Rafa wanted to sell but that was based on Xabi's poor performance the previous season - and lets face it he seemed to perform better when threatened with the 'chop' don't understand why he can't just let it drop now and see that he's chances @ Anfield has gotten him noticed ??? .  Real didn't want him when he wasn't playing so well!!
      Don't want him to go but we need the players in Red shirts showing commitment to the PL title cause, so if not then it's very regrettable curtains I guess  >:(
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #302: Jul 13, 2009 09:08:12 pm
      If he really has asked to leave, what a F***ing kick in the nuts. I mean Xabi, listen... LIVERPOOL FC MADE YOU!!! YOU WERE A SO-SO PLAYER NO ONE HAD HEARD OF UNTIL YOU CAME HERE!!! NOW YOU'RE ONE OF THE BEST MIDS IN THE WORLD AND YOU WANT TO F**K US OVER?!?!?!
      Im sorry, but i am well and truly steamed up about this, anyone want to start a posse and go beat some heads in Madrid?

Hate those white shirted f**ks  :f_steam: :mad:

Agree 100% with this post.

Absolutely spot on. +
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #303: Jul 13, 2009 09:32:35 pm
      Adrian Durham on Talksport earlier raised a good point, it was his understanding that we will let Alonso go apparently for £35 million and direct attempts at signing Sneijder and Van Der Vaart, anyone else heard this? a possible sweetner, like us letting Luis Garcia go for Torres?
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #304: Jul 13, 2009 09:35:47 pm
      Xabi comes out and says he wants to go.

Jorge Valdano says Real need to sell at least 5 players to fund more signings.

I mean in all honesty what the flying F**k has happened to the game of football?!

I'll take £25 million PLUS Wesley Sneijder AND Klaas Jan Huntelaar and have this whole F***ing sorry mess over with.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #305: Jul 13, 2009 09:38:13 pm
      Xabi comes out and says he wants to go.

Jorge Valdano says Real need to sell at least 5 players to fund more signings.

I mean in all honesty what the flying F**k has happened to the game of football?!

I'll take £25 million PLUS Wesley Sneijder AND Klaas Jan Huntelaar and have this whole f**king sorry mess over with.

Huntelaar is horse sh*t. Van der Vaart and Sneijder thanks very much
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #306: Jul 13, 2009 09:38:40 pm

Xabi knows that he will never and nowhere be loved and idolised  like he is here at liverpool , Not even at madrid

Hope he will have a change of mind ,  but if not and he still want to leave (AT THE RIGHT PRICE) , Iwould say thanks for the service and good luck to him , I'm sure Rafa will find the right replacement

BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #307: Jul 13, 2009 09:40:14 pm
      Huntelaar is horse sh*t. Van der Vaart and Sneijder thanks very much

Why take 2 players that're exactly the same though?

Huntelaar would provide excellent cover for Nando.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #308: Jul 13, 2009 09:47:00 pm
      Why take 2 players that're exactly the same though?

Huntelaar would provide excellent cover for Nando.

Because both are quite flexible and with the right nuturing would be an awesome midfield pair. Sneijder can play wide too. It would mean that dirk would be the cover which is what he should be. Huntelaar is nothing like Torres, he relies way too much on deliveries from players....
      StevieJesus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 316 posts |
      • Liverpool Fc - One name. One legend
      Reply #309: Jul 13, 2009 09:47:21 pm
      I wasn't angry about him coming out and saying he wants to leave, I was disappointed. What can Real Madrid do that we cant? I can't see an answer. I think Xabi might be after the money. Sad I know. Xabi do the right thing.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #310: Jul 13, 2009 09:49:51 pm
      If we could get those couple of players then that would soften the blow i think, still wouldnt change that Xabi is screwing us over from the looks, and if it comes out that way he will be heading straight towards sitting next to Owen in my respect levels. And he will never be the player he is here if he goes to Madrid. Lets kill em 3 or 4 nil on next years CL Final, be a sweet treat to see there faces when we win the double.
      Cheers for the + also, Res :)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #311: Jul 13, 2009 09:51:51 pm
      If we could get those couple of players then that would soften the blow i think, still wouldnt change that Xabi is screwing us over from the looks, and if it comes out that way he will be heading straight towards sitting next to Owen in my respect levels. And he will never be the player he is here if he goes to Madrid. Lets kill em 3 or 4 nil on next years CL Final, be a sweet treat to see there faces when we win the double.
      Cheers for the + also, Res :)
      Dont think killing em in the final will happen they never make it passed the first knockout round
      Babel-Torres-Gerrard
      • Forum David Johnson

• 230 posts |
      Reply #312: Jul 13, 2009 09:58:17 pm
      What I still fail to understand is, why would a player try to fulfill their ambitions by going to a club that was thrashed 5-0 by the club they are going to leave?  Why?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #313: Jul 13, 2009 10:06:16 pm
      Dont think killing em in the final will happen they never make it passed the first knockout round

Very true, hope they are watching us win from there trophyless board room then.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #314: Jul 13, 2009 10:07:01 pm
      What I still fail to understand is, why would a player try to fulfill their ambitions by going to a club that was thrashed 5-0 by the club they are going to leave?  Why?

Fulfilling ambition = code word for "Swelling bank account"
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #315: Jul 13, 2009 10:10:02 pm
      Nothing official has been released by either club or player yet, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it, Spanish rumor that has made the British Media 3 days later.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #316: Jul 13, 2009 10:27:06 pm
      Nothing official has been released by either club or player yet, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it, Spanish rumor that has made the British Media 3 days later.

Highly unlikely that Tony Barret of the Liverpool Echo would go off Spanish rumour mate.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #317: Jul 13, 2009 10:32:24 pm
      Highly unlikely that Tony Barret of the Liverpool Echo would go off Spanish rumour mate.

same story was on Marca two days ago,  well its still on there if you go on click on Real Madrid's Badge and scroll down  and you'll see the story, I posted it in one of the Alonso threads two days ago;

Benitez Xabi Alonso asks to leave to go to Madrid
      S. S. SIGUERO 11/07/09 Siguero 11/07/09
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #318: Jul 13, 2009 10:46:01 pm
      same story was on Marca two days ago,  well its still on there if you go on click on Real Madrid's Badge and scroll down  and you'll see the story, I posted it in one of the Alonso threads two days ago;

Benitez Xabi Alonso asks to leave to go to Madrid
      S. S. SIGUERO 11/07/09 Siguero 11/07/09

I'm not denying it was in Marca two days ago. What I'm saying is Tony Barret wouldn't go with the back page headline of Alonso wanting to leave if it was just Spanish rumours.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #319: Jul 13, 2009 10:59:53 pm
      I understand what your saying mate, but maybe in a positive light it could be a good thing being in the Echo as maybe the club or the player will feel the need to address the matter in the coming days.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #320: Jul 13, 2009 11:03:25 pm
      I understand what your saying mate, but maybe in a positive light it could be a good thing being in the Echo as maybe the club or the player will feel the need to address the matter in the coming days.

Yeah good point mate. Obviously something official is always best and I'm sure we'll hear something from the club soon.

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #321: Jul 13, 2009 11:05:36 pm
      Money motivated,
      Acting like a little kid over the whole Gareth Barry situation,  
      Totally unprofessional behaviour,
      Messing the LOYAL fans around,
      More bothered about the World Cup and being spotted in his home town.

There's 5 reasons why he's off.  I've had enough of this sh*te.  Xabi, it'll be £35m or the equivelent to cover our losses before you even walk out of the Shankly gates.  You have a 5 year contract, that you signed last season, remember?

I really thought you were loyal but you really don't give a F**k.  So neither do I.  The minute we're on the verge of the title one of our spine players that's had no problem finishing 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd ever wants to piss off to Madrid like everyone else.

Same goes for you Mascherano.  Just F**k off the pair of you if you're going to go, I've had enough - and the club won't be held to ransom by you both considering your options.  I don't want players that are going to be happy one minute, and then run off.

Quick Reply