Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Anas Sharbini (NK Rijeka)

Read 7750 times
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Re: Anas Sharbini (NK Rijeka)
      Reply #23: Jul 10, 2009 08:42:52 pm
      Anas is the short word for "Pineapple" in German.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: Aug 06, 2009 09:52:53 pm
      Could turn horribly gay in here very quickly, so please refrain from any anas loving cheers lads  :f_tongueincheek:

Edit: Added a tub of vaseline just in case.
      Cellieh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #25: Aug 06, 2009 09:55:06 pm
      Anas is the short word for "Pineapple" in German.
      In german, pineapple calls Ananas. ;)

http://community.footballpools.com/blog/2009/08/06/anash-sharbini-mario-mandzukic-rafa-eyes-free-scoring-croatian-duo-for-liverpool/

Anas Sharbini & Mario Mandzukic: Rafa Eyes Free-Scoring Croatian Duo for Liverpool

Reports in Croatia suggest Liverpool are closing in on Croatian duo Anas Sharbini and Mario Mandzukic in the wake of the sale of Xabi Alonso. Here is our rundown on the two players.

Anas Sharbini: The ‘New Boban’

The latest Croat star to be linked with a move to the Premier League is 22-year-old NK Rijeka midfield star Anas Sharbini. Celtic reportedly made a tentative enquiry in January but Liverpool are being strongly linked in the Croatian press after the sale of Xabi Alonso. The player should also be available at a knock-down £3m as his contract expires at the end of the 2009/10 season.

Sharbini’s talent was brought to public attention in the 2007/08 season after a superb campaign in which the attacking midfielder scored 11 goals in 28 League appearances (27 starts). This superb form led to a call up to the Croatian national squad as a reserve in case of injuries for Euro 2008. He’s yet to play for his country at full international level but recently earned a call-up after impressing in the U21 side.

The young star enjoyed another excellent season in 2008/09 with 14 League goals in 27 League appearances but is reported to be desperate to leave the club. Sharbini’s goal tally was only bettered by two other players last season. The talented star has started the 2009/10 season in sensational style with a hat-trick in the club’s opening league match and a further strike in their Europa League qualifying defeat to Ukrainian outfit Metalist. Dinamo Zagreb are said to be keen but potential suitors include Liverpool, Ajax, West Ham, Salzburg, Hamburg, Aston Villa and Trabzonspor.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

Sharbini is a technically gifted, quick, two-footed playmaker and could prove a bargain buy for a number of clubs needing to add creativity to their ranks for a knock-down price. Rafa Benitez is looking to strengthen his midfield options with bargain buys and the fact the youngster can also play in Steven Gerrard’s 2nd striker position is an added bonus.

The Croatian star’s father was born in Damascus but moved to Rijeka in the 1980’s, therefore Sharbini could have opted for Syria at international level but instead chose the country of his and his mother’s birth. At 5 ft 11 he is not as lightweight as compatriot Luka Modric so may settle quicker in terms of the physical nature of British football. He is also renowned for his set-piece capabilities and has been tagged the ‘new Boban’ by the Croatian press which is high praise indeed.

My Opinion:

He is actually a game maker, but he plays better on the wings. His right foot is better and he has a strong pass with the outer side of the foot. Sharbini is very helpful and also works in the Defense. Furthermore, he makes a lot of gates. His weaknesses are his speed. He is a bit slow, but that he makes with his accurate passes into the top worthwhile. For Liverpool the step would be perhaps a bit too early, as a back up, he is in any case well enough. Rijeka demands for him and his brother together approximately 2,000,000 pounds.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #26: Aug 06, 2009 09:58:04 pm
      :lmao: both made me laugh my titties off there!

'Anas finds himself in a hole'

As people say 'hes in Gerrard territory'

He's in Anus territory hahaha
      JayP
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • It's Rush!
      Reply #27: Aug 07, 2009 08:21:26 am
      What if Anas fits into our system better than the likes of Kaka? What If Anas has the potential to be a star?

Never heard such rubbish in my life. Give Anas a chance.

Rather than Anas fitting into our system, maybe we should fit into Anas.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: Aug 07, 2009 08:32:48 am
      My Opinion:

He is actually a game maker, but he plays better on the wings. His right foot is better and he has a strong pass with the outer side of the foot. Sharbini is very helpful and also works in the Defense. Furthermore, he makes a lot of gates. His weaknesses are his speed. He is a bit slow, but that he makes with his accurate passes into the top worthwhile. For Liverpool the step would be perhaps a bit too early, as a back up, he is in any case well enough. Rijeka demands for him and his brother together approximately 2,000,000 pounds.

Sounds good to me :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Aug 07, 2009 10:55:27 pm
      All this talk of Anas is making me feel like I've just entered .........

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #30: Aug 07, 2009 11:26:27 pm
      All this talk of Anas is making me feel like I've just entered .........

Kenneth?

matze1979
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #31: Aug 08, 2009 07:43:56 am
      good name, but no chance against gerrard and the other midfielders. i think he will be the next croatian star
      Cellieh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #32: Aug 12, 2009 03:03:21 am
      Dinamo Zagreb was interested, but Anas' Dad don't want to transfer him to Dinamo.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #33: Aug 14, 2009 11:38:37 am
      Lock the topic. Anas just signed for Hajduk Split :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #34: Aug 14, 2009 12:00:55 pm
      Thank God for that then.

With utmost glee, I shall now lock this thread!

Quick Reply