Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Scolari slams Chelsea trio

Read 1346 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Scolari slams Chelsea trio
      Jun 28, 2009 04:51:54 pm
      Scolari points finger at trio

Luiz Felipe Scolari claims a number of Chelsea players did not respect him and his training methods during his ill-fated eight-month stint at Stamford Bridge.

The 60-year-old Brazilian, who is currently coaching Bunyodkor in Uzbekistan, singled out the behaviour of Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba, Germany midfielder Michael Ballack and Czech Republic goalkeeper Petr Cech as unacceptable.

Scolari, who took over the Blues hot-seat last July and was sacked in February, told O Globo newspaper: "The real owners of football at the moment are the players. The coach, in most European clubs, has no strength to contradict them.

"The people sacked are always the coaches. The main players already know this. That was my problem at Chelsea. Drogba, Ballack and Cech did not accept my training methods or my demands."

The former Brazil and Portugal boss, meanwhile, believes Cristiano Ronaldo will get on well with fellow Real Madrid new boy Kaka but reckons Raul is still the main man at the Bernabeu.

"Kaka is a strange player because of what he does both on and off the field," Scolari said of his countryman.

"That guy is a strange jewel. Despite having gained big fame and money, he keeps doing his best on the pitch like a youngster.

"I am sure Cristiano Ronaldo and he will get on very well with each other. Cristiano has nothing to do with the conceited image everybody has of him. I think both of them will be big friends.

"The problem Real Madrid have is Raul. He is a veteran and is still the boss in the dressing room, so woe betide anyone he doesn't like - including the coach."

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5404650,00.html

Fair doos, he didn't want to say it whilst he was still manager there. Now he can afford to spill the truth. I think we'll all back Scolari on these comments.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Scolari slams Chelsea trio
      Reply #1: Jun 28, 2009 05:09:14 pm
      3 of the most over hyped players in the Premier League! I never understand players that won't give a manager a chance.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Jun 28, 2009 06:21:55 pm
      Drogba. Ballack. Cech. I'm sure as hell he would have sold 2 of them if he made it to January.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Jun 28, 2009 08:59:49 pm
      Think he's a bit wrong about ronaldo though ???
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #4: Jun 28, 2009 09:31:34 pm
      Didnt realize he was at Bunyodkor, my team back in Australia, Adelaide United (the reds of Australia ;D) beat them in the Asian Champions league last year :D

That club is full of way to many egos, its disgusting the way that club works really. The players might as well just run themselves. Ancelloti has got a tough job bringing that team into line.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #5: Jun 28, 2009 09:34:25 pm
      That club is full of way to many egos, its disgusting the way that club works really. The players might as well just run themselves. Ancelloti has got a tough job bringing that team into line.

Not as bad as City ae going to be if they get half of their targets!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Jun 28, 2009 09:36:12 pm
      Not as bad as City ae going to be if they get half of their targets!

Yeah i wrote on the city thread i cant wait to see the trainwreck that will be them this season ;D

Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Jun 28, 2009 10:09:12 pm
      I lose all respect for a player when they don't give a manager a chance (are you watching Owen?), especially if they just willy nilly accept the next one.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #8: Jun 29, 2009 01:35:27 am
      Not sure about this...when all is said and done the Coach/Manager has to have the strength of personality to cope with big egos. The problem would be if the Owner doesn't back him 100%....then he is dead in the water because he knows he has no power then.

While I always thought Scolari might struggle I think the big problem for Chelsea is Abramovich. He may bankroll them but in most other respects he seems to be a hindrance.

Really Maureen shouldn't have been backed into a corner so he had to leave, though of course his own giant ego didn't help his own cause much. After that, and I know most disagree but que sera, I thought Avram Grant was a good coach and a decent guy. If I owned Chelsea I would have given him more time even if it meant ditching a few of the "top, top" players.

All that said, I agree that players should buckle down and earn their money without the tantrums and manipulations behind the scenes. Maureen's strength was getting the players "onside" but, if we are to believe the gossip, even he started losing the squad towards the end.

Hmm....not sure where I am going with this....I guess being a Manager at a big club is not easy, and only becomes tolerable if the owners do the right things.

e.g. Villa...Good. Man Utd....Good. Liverpool....not so good. Arsenal...Good. Chelsea....mixed bag!

OK, I'll stop now because I am really rambling off the point....sorry.
      Glory_of_anfield_road
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 01, 2009 11:57:57 am
      Lets face it any Chelsea manager is merely a puppet of Ambramovich's. Unless you manage to win the champions league you will be sacked. In big Phil's case he didn't even get the chance to try and do that! i think blaming players is a bit harsh when the club is run like the mafia. Abramovich is the don who can whack anyone he chooses! long may the instability continue though! its boss watchin those charlie uniform november tangos go through managers like kleenex.

Quick Reply