Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 699334 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: The Film Discussion Thread.
      Reply #5198: Oct 26, 2017 07:22:29 pm
      Absolutely loved Sicario, superb film, but was really impressed by Wind River. Still yet to watch Hell or High Water, so will have a look out for that.

Honestly just haven't been able to get into any of the new Planet of the Apes films.

The new planet of the apes fims ? god damn you all to hell !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5199: Oct 27, 2017 01:41:45 am
      6 Days newish film from Netflix released in August, all about the Iranian Siege in London. On the link in clear hd, thought it was quite a decent film.

http://123netflix.com/watch/ovl14lxP-6-days.html

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5200: Oct 27, 2017 01:49:35 am
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5201: Oct 27, 2017 01:51:28 am
      Sing Street.

Irish movie, set in the 80's. What's not to like about it. Probably give it a good 8/10. Light hearted film. :)

Brilliant little film. Loved it.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5202: Oct 27, 2017 01:53:15 am
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #5203: Oct 27, 2017 08:46:36 am
      Absolutely loved Sicario, superb film, but was really impressed by Wind River. Still yet to watch Hell or High Water, so will have a look out for that.

Honestly just haven't been able to get into any of the new Planet of the Apes films.

I thought Sicario looked great and was really well directed, but the plot didn't seem to go anywhere.  Although I see they're making a sequel to it so maybe that'll make it better.  Highly recommend Hell or High Water though, loved that film.

I remember watching the Planet of the Apes TV show when I was a kid, the special effects have come a long way since then :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #5204: Oct 27, 2017 03:01:29 pm

Sicario is a brilliant movie unbelievably tense.

Can't wait for the sequel Soldado next year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #5205: Oct 27, 2017 03:55:35 pm
      Agree on Sicario. Brilliant film.

With it alongside Prisoners, Arrival and Bladerunner Denis Villeneuve has become one of my favourite directors.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5206: Nov 03, 2017 07:40:56 pm
      Sicario is a brilliant movie unbelievably tense.

Can't wait for the sequel Soldado next year.

Wtf, a sequel? Let me look it up!!!
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #5207: Nov 03, 2017 07:52:30 pm
      Watched Inglorious Basterds for the first time in ages last night. Great film that.

Christoph Waltz brilliant as the Jew hunter.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5208: Nov 04, 2017 08:53:59 pm
      Eventually got to see Blade Runner 2049 last night.
      An incredible 8.5 on IMDB, with a shed load of votes.
      Looked great, deffo a big screen movie.
      And I liked a lot of it.
      But like the first one, just think the plot is a bit thin, hard to really 'buy in'.
      Worth a watch, but for me it's more like a 7.5/10.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5209: Nov 04, 2017 10:57:04 pm
      And I liked a lot of it.
      But like the first one, just think the plot is a bit thin, hard to really 'buy in'.

I still haven't watched the first one, just haven't been in the mood to watch it, and the reason why I haven't been to the cinema to watch BR2049! I hope I am not missing out on a cinematic epic experience!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5210: Nov 05, 2017 12:44:51 am
      Watched Wonder Woman for the first time last night, apart from Gal Gadot & the Amazonian's it was sh*t ;D

Taking kids for Ragnorak later today, hope it's better.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5211: Nov 05, 2017 09:16:39 am
      Watched Wonder Woman for the first time last night, apart from Gal Gadot & the Amazonian's it was sh*t ;D

Taking kids for Ragnorak later today, hope it's better.

Lynda Carter - TV Wonder Woman in 80s.......saved many a young man’s life Shabs ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5212: Nov 05, 2017 09:24:10 am
      Lynda Carter - TV Wonder Woman in 80s.......saved many a young man’s life Shabs ;)

Now Lynda was & still is a special woman to many a young man ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #5213: Nov 05, 2017 10:15:20 am

Unfortunately she did bring some to the point of blindness mate.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5214: Nov 05, 2017 11:20:54 am

Overrated piece of sh*t, and I thought the score was horrible too! And to think they are campaigning for an Oscar nomination ;D.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5215: Nov 10, 2017 09:56:54 pm
      And I liked a lot of it.

My thing with 2049, and the original for that matter, is the plot in itself may be simple - it's all the themes that go along with it. What is real, what is not real, the idea of creation, self determination vs destiny/purpose etc etc. After I read the book it's all based on ages ago (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, highly recommend) I was a little (okay, a lot) drunk and had a massive conversation at my wife about if you're a god believer, then does that make you an android/replicant? Since he is the creator, and we are just his tools (in theory, I'm an atheist anyway) :D My brain does weird things sometimes. Anyway. I loved 2049, absolutely loved it. Slow burner sure, but man does it just grip you. Beautifully made.

Watched Baby Driver on my flight to LA a couple weeks ago. What a great little film that is. Also Table 19, nice little drama/comedy that gets you thinking about life and love and all that jazz. The Founder, about the start of McDonalds. Not bad for a little bit of history.

Also watched Baywatch. Alexandra Daddario... About it. Absolutely worth watching, then 8)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5216: Nov 11, 2017 03:47:59 pm
      And I liked a lot of it.

My thing with 2049, and the original for that matter, is the plot in itself may be simple - it's all the themes that go along with it. What is real, what is not real, the idea of creation, self determination vs destiny/purpose etc etc. After I read the book it's all based on ages ago (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, highly recommend) I was a little (okay, a lot) drunk and had a massive conversation at my wife about if you're a god believer, then does that make you an android/replicant? Since he is the creator, and we are just his tools (in theory, I'm an atheist anyway) :D My brain does weird things sometimes. Anyway. I loved 2049, absolutely loved it. Slow burner sure, but man does it just grip you. Beautifully made.

Watched Baby Driver on my flight to LA a couple weeks ago. What a great little film that is. Also Table 19, nice little drama/comedy that gets you thinking about life and love and all that jazz. The Founder, about the start of McDonalds. Not bad for a little bit of history.

Also watched Baywatch. Alexandra Daddario... About it. Absolutely worth watching, then 8)

Two posts with some really good info.
      Thanks lads.

It's a film I've been debating whether or not I want to see.
      The problem I have is that I'm a bit of a traditionalist, and don't always get on board with "re-boots" but having read the above, I'll give it a try.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5217: Nov 19, 2017 09:38:28 am
      Watched Justice League last night...

Hmmm.. Could of & should have been much much better....Disappointed

Stay behind for the after credit scenes after both sets of credits finish..
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5218: Nov 19, 2017 02:15:09 pm
      Watched Justice League last night...

Hmmm.. Could of & should have been much much better....Disappointed

Stay behind for the after credit scenes after both sets of credits finish..

Watching it tomorrow, and whilst I thought MOS was average, I did like BvS, disliked Sucide Squad and thought WW was overrated and below average. I wonder if I will like the JL...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5219: Nov 19, 2017 03:24:45 pm
      Watching it tomorrow, and whilst I thought MOS was average, I did like BvS, disliked Sucide Squad and thought WW was overrated and below average. I wonder if I will like the JL...

I want the Snyder cut, Josh Wheadon has pissed all over it in my opinion & I'll swerve the Batgirl which he has been appointed to direct.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5220: Nov 19, 2017 04:37:28 pm
      I want the Snyder cut, Josh Wheadon has pissed all over it in my opinion & I'll swerve the Batgirl which he has been appointed to direct.

To be honest, I am not a fan of Whedon and disliked his Avengers films. I wouldn't be surprised if he butchered it. And whilst I am not a huge fan of Snyder's DC world, I liked how he was going down the dark and gritty route and shying away from Marvel's lighthearted tone films, and reading non spoiler reviews, I believe JL  has more of a comedic lighter tone which I am kinda disappointed in, but we'll see!

I read a lot of DC comics in the past and still do when I can be bothered, and the closest DC adaption from comic to film are the Nolan's first 2 Batman films along with the original Superman and the Donner cut Superman 2.

Quick Reply