Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Nikolaj Kohlert (Esbjerg) - Youth Player

Read 8602 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Nikolaj Kohlert (Esbjerg) - Youth Player
      Jul 06, 2009 05:37:03 pm
      Liverpool close in on starlet
      Reds set to sign highly rated Danish younster accoring to reports

Liverpool are on the verge of singing Esbjerg youngster Nikolaj Kohlert on a three-year deal, according to reports in his native Denmark.

The 16-year-old is scheduled to discuss personal terms when he returns from holiday next week but neither club are willing to confirm the switch.

The Denmark Under-17 international underwent a trial at Anfield last month and impressed so much so that the Reds are anxious to get him tied down to a contract.

The midfielder is yet to make his debut for Esbjerg and should he sign for Liverpool he will continue his footballing education with the club's academy.

If Kohlert progresses as the club hope he will gain a place in the reserve team squad during next season.

Although usually deployed behind the strikers Kohlert proved while on trial that he is more than capable of playing as a central forward.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5417525,00.html

Looks like he may be a replacement for Dalla Valle or Eccleston who were both promoted to Melwood earlier this summer.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Nikolaj Kohlert (Esbjerg) - Youth Player
      Reply #1: Jul 06, 2009 06:02:47 pm
      More starlets.... Sounds good to me
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Jul 06, 2009 06:17:41 pm
      Was just about to post this myself, young international, impressed whilst on trial, sounds promising hopefully as promising as another Great Dane we have in our squad.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #3: Jul 06, 2009 06:27:13 pm
      Always good to see us capture European youngsters but IMO I'd rather us bring up local kids.

If our academy was all Scousers i wouldn't complain but that's not going to happen.

AH WELL...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Jul 06, 2009 06:31:58 pm
      Always good to see us capture European youngsters but IMO I'd rather us bring up local kids.

If our academy was all Scousers I wouldn't complain but that's not going to happen.

AH WELL...

Sign of the times mate to compete with the top clubs in Europe you have to adopt a similar strategy, shame for the local lads though, but you never know if they show some of the potential of the Gerrards Carraghers Fowlers  Macmanams they still may just get a chance to play for Liverpool.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #5: Jul 06, 2009 07:28:29 pm
      Some young talent in Denmark at the moment then we've already got palsson and now maybe this guy.
      hold 51
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #6: Jul 06, 2009 07:45:53 pm

If our academy was all Scousers I wouldn't complain but that's not going to happen.

AH WELL...

How about if they were all scousers but were crap compared to the ones we are getting from elsewhere, then i would complain for sure!
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #7: Jul 06, 2009 08:04:51 pm
      How about if they were all scousers but were crap compared to the ones we are getting from elsewhere, then I would complain for sure!
      Im not saying even if they were all scouse and crap it doesnt matter, Im saying in an ideal world i wish they were all scouse and all great.

English club with more scouse lads is the future IMO.

And by the way im a foreigner.

Going of topic now so.....

hold 51
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #8: Jul 06, 2009 08:10:50 pm
      Im not saying even if they were all scouse and crap it doesnt matter, Im saying in an ideal world I wish they were all scouse and all great.

English club with more scouse lads is the future IMO.

And by the way im a foreigner.

No problem thought it was a post code mafia idea, :o yes of course local kids would be great, but isnt going to improve our players coming through, they coach them better and younger abroad hence they are better at a younger age!

« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2009 07:00:48 am by ayrton77, Reason: Response was in quote box »
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #9: Jul 07, 2009 05:04:15 am
      I agree that it would be nice to see some scouse lads in the team but if the talent isn't there then we can't turn bad players into good ones.
      Young signing, hopefully can break into the first team successfully like Insua and Spearing have done this year
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Jul 07, 2009 08:17:28 am
      Some young talent in Denmark at the moment then we've already got palsson and now maybe this guy.

Palsson is from Iceland?

All the best for the future Nikolaj.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #11: Jul 07, 2009 11:30:59 am
      The more the merrier keep em coming Rafa.
      mormarijn
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 07, 2009 12:40:55 pm
      Another youngster! Good to see Liverpool investing in the future, but would it not be better to give these youngsters more playing minutes in the future?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #13: Jul 07, 2009 03:04:37 pm
      Palsson is from Iceland?

All the best for the future Nikolaj.
      We signed him from a danish club though.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #14: Jul 07, 2009 04:04:53 pm
      It isn't too bad signing all these players really, whether they fail or succeed. Right now we are building a world class academy (wait its already world class :D), so now we just need the signings in place, the staff in place to make sure they get trained the right way.

These players like Nikolaj don't cost much, its about maybe a couple of hundred quid a month, so whether they succeed or not it doesn't really matter to the club's finances. If one of them do make the step up one day then we've saved millions of pounds.

Never heard or seen this lad, but to say the least sounds promising so I wouldn't mind. Good luck for the future mate.

Quick Reply