Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

King Kenny Returns To Anfield

Read 5685 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: King Kenny Returns To Anfield
      Reply #23: Jul 03, 2009 06:16:03 pm
      Best signing we've made this summer.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #24: Jul 03, 2009 06:17:46 pm
      The second coming of the King.

Welcome home!
      ged
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts |
      Reply #25: Jul 03, 2009 06:26:12 pm
      Welcome home! Back where you belong!! :clap:
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #26: Jul 03, 2009 06:43:14 pm
      so glad to see king kenny back home, should never have left us, welcome back kenny :kop5cf8koxp6: :clap:
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #27: Jul 03, 2009 07:05:47 pm
       ;D can only mean good things
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #28: Jul 03, 2009 07:08:48 pm
      Great news! ;D
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #29: Jul 03, 2009 07:09:22 pm
      Best news i've heard for ages !! King Kenny and Rafa....both walk on water .absolutely made up ! :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      TxRed33
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #30: Jul 03, 2009 07:32:37 pm
      This is amazing. I can't imagine a better fit for these two roles at the club. Good work by Purslow I'd say
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #31: Jul 03, 2009 07:40:11 pm
      Amazing stuff.

So happy with this news.

You think Purslow might have a few more tricks up his sleeve? ;)
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #32: Jul 03, 2009 09:46:58 pm
      KING KENNY WELCOME BACK.. Good luck in your new role. King Kenny can help develop us into a dominant force once again.. YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #33: Jul 03, 2009 09:50:10 pm
      ON YOUR KNEES PEOPLE !

Welcome Back !

RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #34: Jul 03, 2009 09:56:03 pm
      Welcome home King Kenny, we must now have the most complete management team in the world.Good times ahead me thinks.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #35: Jul 03, 2009 10:06:37 pm
      This is the return of the prodigal son and not before time in my opinion as the song goes things can only get better !, how come this news gets less coverage than the transfer of a Judas to our bitter rivals ! :f_steam:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: Jul 03, 2009 10:18:25 pm
      Amazing stuff.

So happy with this news.

You think Purslow might have a few more tricks up his sleeve? ;)

Have you not seen the one where we pulls David Silva and Aguero out of the same hat ?  :f_tongueincheek:
      hold 51
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #37: Jul 03, 2009 10:28:18 pm
      Long live the king, the king is back, ironic the same time judas has proved how low he could get, still enough about him, so happy Kenny is back where he belongs, now how about gary mac as well?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,223 posts | 3393 
      Reply #38: Jul 04, 2009 12:40:28 am
      Kenny I'm So Pleased To Be Back

Reds legend Kenny Dalglish today spoke of his delight after taking up a new position with Liverpool FC.
      Watch exclusive chats with Kenny and Rafa now>>

Dalglish will assume a senior role at the Liverpool Academy and will also act as a club ambassador working with the commercial side of the business around the world.

Following recent changes, Academy Director Frank McParland now reports to manager Rafael Benitez and Kenny will play a key role alongside Frank in driving forward the development of the Academy. Dalglish, who will be based at the Kirkby site, met with Benitez and McParland this morning on his first day back at the club.

"I spoke to Rafa a few months ago and things have progressed from there," said Dalglish. "Now that it has come to fruition I am very excited, but also a bit nervous.

"For the boss to put his trust in me is a great compliment and I am coming back as a very lucky person. When you leave a club you don't often have a chance to return, so I am fortunate for being given such a fantastic opportunity.

"Rafa has made a very brave decision to revamp the Academy. There are lots of positive things happening here and there is a real feel-good factor around the place. It's fantastic for me to be a part of that.

"People who come to the Academy should be delighted that Rafa is taking such an interest in the development of the young players.

"Everyone knows the most important team at the club is the first team and hopefully we can start producing players to challenge for a place in Rafa's plans. It won't happen overnight but I'm looking forward to working with Frank McParland and the rest of the Academy staff to do the best job I can."

Dalglish will also work with the Liverpool commercial team as club ambassador, and added: "There's a lot of work to be done and I will do whatever is asked of me. I'm just so pleased to be back."

Rafael Benitez added: "I am really pleased to have Kenny as a part of the staff. We were looking for someone who has a knowledge and a passion for the club and Kenny is the perfect choice.

"He will help at the Academy with the development of players and will also have an ambassadorial role at the club. If you're looking for somebody to go around the world on behalf of Liverpool Football Club then I don't know anybody better than Kenny.

"When you talk to him about players and football systems it's clear he has a lot of experience. That's good for the club and also for the young players coming through.

"We are changing things at the Academy, we are bringing in new ideas and new people but we're keeping the spirit and the heart of the club. Kenny has played for the club, he's managed the club, he's done everything. He's a fantastic signing."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164943090703-1800.htm

We're all pleased your back King. Just before pre-season training as well, it's all fitting into place.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #39: Jul 04, 2009 12:43:48 am
      Kenny is an absolute legend.............no other words can describe the man, he has humility and dignity by the bucketloads a perfect rep for liverpool
      Torres, Carra, Reina and Gerrard have similar qualities and i hope they can always maintian an association with the reds....as for owen, F**k off judus.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #40: Jul 04, 2009 12:58:22 am
      What a fantastic attitude to have at the club. The original boot room was developed out of mutual respect amongst its members and now I feel we are about to be there again.This is not forum bullshit, I really beleive that Rafa has put the final piece of the jigsaw in place.So I look forward to going into Europpe with some of you next year, let's get it sorted as a forum, why not a forum tour that people could join at various stages, anyone interested?
      HarryFloyd
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      Reply #41: Jul 04, 2009 01:35:43 am
      Now waiting for Kelly....
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #42: Jul 04, 2009 07:01:07 am
      What an article, I taken my favourite bit for you all to read below.

Heartwarming stuff.  ;)

Kenny I'm So Pleased To Be Back
      "I have to admit that I'd been tempted to come back for a long, long time", said Kenny with a tear in his eye.

"I think what tipped the balance in the end though, was when I saw Ayrton77 on LFCReds.com changed his signature and I was a part of it." Kenny then asked for a couple of minutes so he could get his emotions back under control.

"When we see that such a knowledgeable Liverpool supporter wants to attach a photo of you to every post he makes, well that's the kind of dedication I'm looking for in the players joining my Academy", said the Scot, and he went on "If that lad was a year or two younger I'd have snapped him up. I always thought he could have been as good as me".
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #43: Jul 04, 2009 07:07:14 am
      :D :D ^^

Rafa's response just made me smile so happily.

Both are magnificent gents and hopefully they link up to become something special. TBH i think Kenny will help Rafa abit with the team too.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #44: Jul 04, 2009 08:17:55 am
      What an article, I taken my favourite bit for you all to read below.

Heartwarming stuff.  ;)

:lmao:

I was tricked initially until I went back to read DLS's post. Cheeky you ;)
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #45: Jul 04, 2009 08:32:30 am
      Hallelujah. This is heart warming!

Quick Reply