Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Sticking to Our Guns

Read 2870 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Sticking to Our Guns
      Reply #23: Aug 02, 2009 02:40:12 pm
      Hmm, this whole Xabi episode throws this thread back up into the fold.

Even when Real should be in the power position, Rafa is playing it brilliantly by 'sticking to his guns'.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #24: Aug 02, 2009 02:42:43 pm
      I am known for my psychic powers. ::)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Aug 02, 2009 04:52:31 pm
      Rafa has to be applauded for how he has played this so far, His Refusal to budge and accept anything less than the valuation he has placed on Alonso's head is remarkable and as a Liverpool supporter is something I have never before witnessed. Rafa's transfer valuation on Alonso IMO in the current market inflated by non other than Real Madrid is a fair reflection on Xabi's abilities as a player and Rafa has every right to hold out for what he wants.

I have resigned myself to Xabi leaving and his Valuation being met, but the comedy that is Madrid has kept me entertained and helped me keep a smile on my face through this whole charade. Lets be honest how can a club call a fee for a player excessive when in the very next sentence they follow it with praise such as "Xabi Alonso is a very unique player" then "Xabi Alonso is fundamental to our plans" ?, its beyond all common sense if you ask me.

In a way it shows how far we have come as club when a player may be leaving for a fee of 40 million, 35 million and 5 million in add ons if reports are to believed. This will be the first time for Liverpool but in a way it now shows us to be one of the European Super powers as clubs in Italy & Spain have been selling players for fee's like this for the last decade.

IMO Rafa is holding out for the valuation and possibly has this money spent in principle as I find it strange that we have not had any notable transfers since Johnson. My belief is Rafa has saved his remaining budget and the money from sales we have made to add to the fee of Alonso so he can set about pursuing the transfers he would really like to have here.

Quick Reply