Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Liverpool end Priority Ticket Scheme

Read 19615 times
      huytonbaldy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Re: Liverpool end Priority Ticket Scheme
      Reply #23: Jun 07, 2009 07:42:30 pm
      CRK good luck getting a ticket next season mate but I doubt scrapping PTS will make a blind bit of difference.  I have a sneaky suspicion that these tickets will end up with those buying £100+ Hospitality tickets
      Mr L.Garcia
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #24: Jun 07, 2009 10:15:03 pm
      Another disgruntled EX PTS member here, I'm sorry but it was not like having a season ticket at all I was in it since day one and there were quite a few games I applied for via post/online and wasn't successful so how can that turn into being a season ticket holder and guarantee a seat at every home game? Also yes I understand there was a waiting list for this scheme as well but I bet it was not until people had heard from members who had applied from the beginning when the letter was sent out to try and join up, then when told sorry full have a go at the people who were lucky.

What is next have a go at the way they distribute the european game tickets if you are unable to purchase one of them, which again comes down to loyalty cause that at the end of the day is what this is all about.

All we want is not to be screwed over and our loyalty be rewarded and  not to be shoved at the bottom of a pile of day trippers. Also correct me if I'm wrong but seeing as though there is a financial problem at the moment wouldn't it make more sense 10,000 x £55 instead of 10,000 x £29??????

JMO.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #25: Jun 08, 2009 12:09:47 am
      I have heard from plenty of PTS members who have said they have attended every home game for 5 years or so.

Now with 50% of PTS members taking 3 or less home games a season then it stands to reason that the other 50% of PTS members were going to the vast majority of home games, if not all, if they wanted to.

Is that acceptable when they don't have season tickets?

Personally - I don't think that is.  Why should somebody pay £55 to be 'almost' guaranteed a ticket and somebody else pay £29 a year to have very little chance of getting a ticket.

I sympathise fully with PTS members who may now experience what it is like for the rest of us to try and get a ticket.  You have supported the club for most games for god knows how long.  But at the end of the day - the system had become grossly unfair.  I have heard anecdotal evidence that some supporters groups were clubbing together PTS tickets as groups and enabling people to gain packages.  I have also heard from numerous sources that the ability for online touts to offer ticket sales so far in advance have been down to their holding of PTS memberships.  I appreciate that some genuine fans are being sold down the river due to the changes. 

The only day I will ever be happy on ticketing is when local supporters get first shout on tickets.  Irrespective of age, irrespective of being in the right place at the right time.

If we had got a proper pair of individuals in charge of the club 2 and a half years ago instead of the pair of dickheads we have got then this wouldn't even be an issue because we would have a proper sized stadium for us all to support our club.

I would suggest all former PTS members re-direct their anger at getting rid of these two liars in charge of our club and I hope it doesn't impact too heavily on your match-going.

We're all on the same side here.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Jun 08, 2009 12:14:18 am
      I would suggest all former PTS members re-direct their anger at getting rid of these two liars in charge of our club and I hope it doesn't impact too heavily on your match-going.

We're all on the same side here.

Well said. I think that's the most important thing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #27: Jun 08, 2009 01:02:39 am
      ^ You saying the rest of my post was sh*te? ;)
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #28: Jun 08, 2009 08:33:24 am
      I have sympathy with a lot of EX PTS members, just wondering how long will it be before they screw the rest of us and abolish the fancard as well and you have to have a membership to have a sniff of a ticket.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #29: Jun 08, 2009 08:43:17 am
      ^ You saying the rest of my post was sh*te? ;)

No but I am.  You haven't addressed the fact that if 50% were attending three or less games why they weren't thrown off and those on the waiting list e.g you, put on giving you a 50% chance of getting a ticket.

I didn't join the first year, thinking it was disgusting that you had to pay to get a half decent chance to get a ticket (as it turned out a very good chance to purchase almost the worst seats in the ground).  I joined after the second year after only attending 50% of the games in that season.  Principles went out the window compared with the opportunity to see the REDS.

I still think this goes back to the fact that those paying £29 (as opposed to £2.50 as it was to get a fan card ) for membership were getting sod all for their money and this is a way of sustaining membership which I suspect was starting to slip.

Anyway I take a little comfort that the criteria for the members is still being decided so if 'loyalty' (previous games attended) is taken into account then i will be OK (you won't).  My only doubt is that 'loyalty' will mean sod all as we don't spend in the club shop like the tourists do.

I'll wait and see.
      ROMA 77
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #30: Jun 08, 2009 11:59:47 am
      Just received my letter to say we are no longer members of the PTS scheme. I'm pissed off! Thanks LFC!
      I have been a member since it first started learning quickly the only way to get a ticket was to get on line at 0830 (that's if you could log on!)on the first day of sale and pay an extra £2.50 per ticket booking fee on top of the £55 paid at the start of the season. I have used this system to get tickets for 99% of the games over the years. It was no use trying to phone as they were answered with a message to say all operators were engaged please phone back later but charged you for the call! All tickets were sold just after lunch time.
      Then we get a letter titled "PTS Scheme Closure" with the opening line to a "valued supporter", what a joke. Signed by by Ian Ayre, commercial director, who joined Liverpool a few years ago saying he's a Liverpool lad that understands the supporters. In the first communication I have seen from him he chops 10,000 people from the PTS scheme. He mentions a consultation & review involving talking to supporters, I have seen no consultation or debate with the members of the scheme. If as was stated 50% of the members bought less than 3 tickets a year, why were those members not ditched and replaced by fans on the waiting list we were told about each year.
      LFC have hit 5,000 supporters that have been at most home games for years, many in blocks 304 & 305 of the Kop, the most vocal part of the ground (along with block 306 season tickets).
      Yes, it has been like having a season ticket but we have been loyal and supported the club with it!
       PTS tickets going to corperate hospitality & Thomas Cook day trippers this year. Who's tickets will be taken next? Beware European away independent travellers (me included) you could be next! Are season ticket holders safe?
      I agree with JD we need a system for Liverpool people to get the tickets first but that is never going to happen.
      Well had my moan!
      PTS members bombard Ian Ayre with complaints.
      "Liverpool Football Club it's in the wrong hands!"
      Maybe I'll have to be happy watching AFC Liverpool next year while the Scandinavian supporters club uses our seats.
      At least I was there at each of the European Cup Finals. Memories hey!
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #31: Jun 08, 2009 01:10:48 pm
      Hey Roma

Nicely put. 

Any evidence that the seats will go to Corporate Hospitality and Thomas Cooke day trippers?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32: Jun 09, 2009 10:46:03 am
      Having read through this, often emotive, thread i have reached the conclusion that it would have been a better idea for the Club to have approached the manner in a more fair and equitable way.

What would have been the problem with just removing the 5,000 who didn't avail of the scheme and offering their places to the first 5,000 on the season ticket waiting list?

Those 5,000 would remain on the S.T. waiting list. If there was duplication (that is, an overlap of P.T.S. and S.T. waiting list) then the offer of a place moves to the next in line.

It would mean, in theory, that P.T.S. members would face more competition for tickets with a 50/50 chance but at least 10,000 true, and loyal Redmen would see the team in action for at least half a season each.

I have previously stated on this forum that, usually, the only way that i can get tickets is if i buy a package from a travel agent. You know what tho'?: I'd rather give up that chance than deprive local lads n lasses who go week in week out through the P.T.S.

As for the travel agent tickets - i'd scrap them too and offer them for sale on the morning of the match. I would be happy to book my own flights, accommodation and take my chance standing in line (I.D. in hand). Football was traditionally the working man's game; Liverpool F.C., traditionally respected that. The ethos of Manager, Players & Supporters has been set aside for a few extra bucks. It's time those who run our club re-visited old values.

YNWA

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #33: Jun 09, 2009 10:48:02 am
      Out of interest.  When the PTS was first set-up I assume that the initial 10,000 members were 10,000 people who had been on the season ticket waiting list for years?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #34: Jun 09, 2009 08:32:26 pm
      Errr, yeah!! Why don't they just sell all match tickets on ebay to the highest bidder and be done with it?

One of the reasons they can't just put them on general sale at the windows would be that they can't charge you £2.50 booking fee for standing in a line, or wait til you get to the window and then tell you all the operators are busy, charge you a few quid and send you to the back of the queue. Or charge you £55 to be in the queue club at the beginning of every season.

Maybe they should do some kind of pre-agreement thing, where you're guaranteed a ticket as long as you sign a contract to spend at least £100 in the shop before the game. And I reckon they should put the price of the warm Carlsberg in plastic glasses up to at least a tenner a 'pint'...
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #35: Jun 10, 2009 08:21:45 am
      Out of interest.  When the PTS was first set-up I assume that the initial 10,000 members were 10,000 people who had been on the season ticket waiting list for years?

I'm on the season ticket waiting list but I don't think this was the reason I got a letter inviting me to join the PTS.  I think it was because of my attendance record but I don't honestly know.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #36: Jun 30, 2009 11:38:49 am
      It appears the club have offered some support for PTS members who attended enough games last season. (If this has already been posted - my apologies)

More Ticketing Info for 2009/10
      Following the amalgamation of the PTS and membership schemes for this coming season, Liverpool Football Club is pleased to announce the ticket selling process for members in 2009-10.
      Questions relating to other areas of ticketing for season 2009-10 will be answered separately.

Category A games:

Category A games for the 2009-10 season will be: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United.

These games will be sold in conjunction with loyalty from the 2008-09 season. Members who meet the loyalty criteria for each game will be given a priority selling period before the sale is opened to other members. Approx 50 per cent of the 5,000 available tickets will form part of this initial sale.

For the fixtures with Everton and Manchester United, 100 per cent of the 5,000 tickets will be made available for sale on the basis of previous loyalty and there will be no secondary sale.

Supporters who are existing members or who join the new membership scheme and have the required level of loyalty criteria for the sale can purchase on this basis. Sale is not restricted only to supporters who were members last season and loyalty from people purchasing via the general sale or PTS in 2008-09 will be recognised.

The criteria for each game will be released prior to each sale and will vary dependent on the number of qualifying members we have at that time.

The remaining 50 per cent of tickets will be available to all members on a first come first serve basis during the secondary sale period.

Example:

The first category 'A' game for the 2009-10 season is Aston Villa; currently members who attended 12+ games last season, would have access to the priority selling period. This is based on current membership levels as of today (June 24, 2009) and subject to change depending on numbers of people joining the membership scheme throughout the season, that have the qualifying loyalty.

Category B games:

These will be available to all members on a first come first serve basis whilst stocks last.

Summary:

The new scheme aims to combine the loyalty shown by the supporters who attended a high 'A' games are the most sought after tickets.

The structure we have put in place helps those supporters who have attended a high proportion of games to be rewarded for loyalty, whilst also allowing greater access to games to more fans generally.

We have also set this process out such that we do not create a closed shop to tickets within the membership at any point and as such give everyone the chance to build and secure their own loyalty for coming seasons through the secondary sale of category 'A' games and the open members sale for category 'B' games, as well as continuing the general sale which is open to all fans.

Breakdown of the sales by channel:

A minimum of 25 per cent of available tickets will be sold via the telephone.

A maximum of 75 per cent of available tickets will be sold via the internet.

Adult/Child tickets will be available via telephone sale only.

There will be no window sales for members' sales.

There will be no postal applications for members' sales.

A few points I'd like to note.

Shitbags.

So we could have 99% via the phone and 1% online then?  In conjunction with the previous quote - again a pile of bollocks.

loyalty from people purchasing via the general sale or PTS in 2008-09 will be recognised

It's a small token gesture but it is entirely right that if they are counting loyalty from existing memberships they should also count loyalty from last seasons PTS as well. However, this is likely to be a way to ensure that PTS members do take up memberships.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #37: Jun 30, 2009 01:56:13 pm

It's a small token gesture but it is entirely right that if they are counting loyalty from existing memberships they should also count loyalty from last seasons PTS as well. However, this is likely to be a way to ensure that PTS members do take up memberships.

Part of the letter terminating the PTS stated that they would use the direct debit to take the £29 for membership unless it was specifically cancelled.

I doubt anybody will cancel it until they know how it works out next season.

I reckon the online sales will be for the worst seats in the corners as usual.

I wonder if they are going to address the most annoying thing of the telephone lines, of getting through, being charged for the call, being told a load of information you already know and then saying nobody is available to take your call so ring back later.

I doubt it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #38: Jun 30, 2009 02:57:32 pm
      Part of the letter terminating the PTS stated that they would use the direct debit to take the £29 for membership unless it was specifically cancelled.

Oh right. I didn't know that. I thought it was a sneaky way for the club to try and make sure all 10,000 paid there £29 but like you say, I'd imagine most would anyway.

A lot of smoke and daggers with that club statement.  I'd be interested to see how the 13,000 or so home tickets that don't go to season ticket holders are divvied up.
      huytonbaldy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #39: Jul 03, 2009 10:29:28 am
      You know where the tickets are going...to £100+ hospitality deals for the day trippers with their plazzy bag full of crap from the club shop.  The LFC website's already advertising these well in advance of dates for the rest of us!
      timmj60
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -14 
      Reply #40: Jul 03, 2009 10:24:40 pm
      its amazing .call us otts.Was Went to a match 8thmarch 2003 Remember it well.Bolton.Not aglory kind of match Boat crossing was rough weather sh*te.Awful day.My son goes are all the the fans staying in the pub.Was embarressed .Yes son.So 40000 there .We were in anny road was empty.So you scousers take a rethink and stop knocking oots .if i could we would go every week.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #41: Jul 03, 2009 10:32:29 pm
      its amazing .call us otts.Was Went to a match 8thmarch 2003 Remember it well.Bolton.Not aglory kind of match Boat crossing was rough weather sh*te.Awful day.My son goes are all the the fans staying in the pub.Was embarressed .Yes son.So 40000 there .We were in anny road was empty.So you scousers take a rethink and stop knocking oots .if I could we would go every week.

Your inconsistant grammar and punctuation devalues your credibility.

That news about the new ticket sales confuses me...is that about how all tickets are sold or just to ex PTS members?
      timmj60
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -14 
      Reply #42: Jul 03, 2009 10:42:24 pm
      you on drugs?Your missing the point.Probrably because drugs.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #43: Jul 04, 2009 04:40:35 pm

laugh out loud.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #44: Jul 04, 2009 05:49:44 pm

Yeah drugs should only be taken when you're going the game!
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #45: Jul 16, 2009 12:36:13 pm
      It appears the club have offered some support for PTS members who attended enough games last season. (If this has already been posted - my apologies)

More Ticketing Info for 2009/10
      Following the amalgamation of the PTS and membership schemes for this coming season, Liverpool Football Club is pleased to announce the ticket selling process for members in 2009-10.
      Questions relating to other areas of ticketing for season 2009-10 will be answered separately.

Category A games:

Category A games for the 2009-10 season will be: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United.

These games will be sold in conjunction with loyalty from the 2008-09 season. Members who meet the loyalty criteria for each game will be given a priority selling period before the sale is opened to other members. Approx 50 per cent of the 5,000 available tickets will form part of this initial sale.

For the fixtures with Everton and Manchester United, 100 per cent of the 5,000 tickets will be made available for sale on the basis of previous loyalty and there will be no secondary sale.

Supporters who are existing members or who join the new membership scheme and have the required level of loyalty criteria for the sale can purchase on this basis. Sale is not restricted only to supporters who were members last season and loyalty from people purchasing via the general sale or PTS in 2008-09 will be recognised.

The criteria for each game will be released prior to each sale and will vary dependent on the number of qualifying members we have at that time.

The remaining 50 per cent of tickets will be available to all members on a first come first serve basis during the secondary sale period.

Example:

The first category 'A' game for the 2009-10 season is Aston Villa; currently members who attended 12+ games last season, would have access to the priority selling period. This is based on current membership levels as of today (June 24, 2009) and subject to change depending on numbers of people joining the membership scheme throughout the season, that have the qualifying loyalty.

Category B games:

These will be available to all members on a first come first serve basis whilst stocks last.

Summary:

The new scheme aims to combine the loyalty shown by the supporters who attended a high 'A' games are the most sought after tickets.

The structure we have put in place helps those supporters who have attended a high proportion of games to be rewarded for loyalty, whilst also allowing greater access to games to more fans generally.

We have also set this process out such that we do not create a closed shop to tickets within the membership at any point and as such give everyone the chance to build and secure their own loyalty for coming seasons through the secondary sale of category 'A' games and the open members sale for category 'B' games, as well as continuing the general sale which is open to all fans.

Breakdown of the sales by channel:

Adult/Child tickets will be available via telephone sale only.

There will be no postal applications for members' sales.

According to the current ticket sale information the Aston Villa game will go on sale to members on 4th August 2009.  There is no loyalty criteria mentioned.

Incompetence or another sop to the pissed off PTS members quietly forgotten?

Quick Reply