Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alberto Aquilani (Roma)

Read 38451 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Roma)
      Reply #230: Aug 04, 2009 02:33:21 am
      Still very skeptical about this. His injury record speaks for itself. If we want to spend 18mil on a player to spend half the season on the bench, id rather have a punt at Megan Fox. At least there would be a distraction to how much we spent on nothing  :f_tongueincheek:
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #231: Aug 04, 2009 03:29:56 am
      Still very skeptical about this. His injury record speaks for itself. If we want to spend 18mil on a player to spend half the season on the bench, id rather have a punt at Megan Fox. At least there would be a distraction to how much we spent on nothing  :f_tongueincheek:

hahaha im ABSOLUTELY sure she would make an amazing work next to mascherano, as following:

ANY player except ronaldo would just stop playing to see megan fox standing there in the middle of the field...

and thats when mascherano tackles the hell of them

sounds good!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #232: Aug 04, 2009 07:34:41 am
      Those stats are scary as hell, its not like if he had one or two unlucky seasons, the guy just cant play more than 30 games a season!

Anyway, everytime I saw him play he looked like a talented player (even tough Ive always preferred De Rossi, who is one of my favourite players), if we do sign him, I will be praying for him to remain injury free.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #233: Aug 04, 2009 08:15:17 am
      Liverpool Sign Roma Ace Alberto Aquilani

The latest reports from Spain claim the midfielder has signed for the Reds, but news emerging from Italy is more cautious in tone...

Liverpool have signed Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani, according to the latest reports from Spain.

Marca claims Roma have accepted an €18million bid for the Italian midfielder. Reds manager Rafael Benitez is said to be keen on the Italian.

The report suggests the Spanish coach has moved in quickly in an attempt to have an alternative to Xabi Alonso. Voices in Spain claim Alonso is on the verge of joining Real Madrid, and it appears Liverpool have wasted no time in signing his replacement.

It is said Liverpool are still trying to negotiate a deal with Real Madrid for Alonso. According to Marca, the Reds want nothing less than  €35m for the Spanish international.

Sky Sport Italia are speculating that Aquilani has agreed to a four year deal worth €4m per season with the Reds, but the move is hinging on Alonso's passage to the Bernabeu.

Despite the reports in Spain, there has been no official confirmation from Roma regarding the news that Aquilani has signed for the Anfield-based club.

http:link

The inevitable.

Bollocks it's a contradictory statement in itself, claiming he has signed, then saying it hinges on Alonso's protracted transfer, he has not even completed a medical for us.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #234: Aug 04, 2009 09:20:28 am
      I still think this guy is a gamble if he can't sustain a full Serie A season  hows he gone sustain a full premier league season  And also counting the no. of times Xabi's been tackled and that player was sent off , I mean what if those tackles we're put on Aquilani the would rule him out for the whole season and there goes 15.3 mil pounds down the drain .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #235: Aug 04, 2009 10:22:48 am
      Its all rumour and conter-rumour but there seems to be the strongest hint that Xabi will go for 30m and Aquilani will come in for about 20m and that looks about right.
      As for him standing for the rigours of the Prem. well there are very few continental players that can actually play at that level initially its a matter of if he has got the stuff in him to adapt , only time will tell.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2009 10:33:28 am by stuey »
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #236: Aug 04, 2009 11:36:10 am
      Apart from Aquillanis fee is 15.3mil and rafa wants 35mil for Xabi  ;)
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #237: Aug 04, 2009 12:15:15 pm
      I won't believe anything until I see it on the official website. If Xabi leaves, signing Aquilani isn't a bad move.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #238: Aug 04, 2009 12:45:35 pm
      I dont want this lad.

Horrid injury record for a young lad that is still trying to develop. Most sceptical about the fact that he is Italian and has been blooded in the Seria A a totaly different brand of football played and I dont recall one decent Italian signing making an impact in the premier league (Zola aside).
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #239: Aug 04, 2009 12:46:54 pm
      I wont believe anything until it is official to many story's flying around in the press today.
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #240: Aug 04, 2009 12:52:21 pm
      Can't say I have seen the lad play. But from what you have all discussed, it could be another Degan and a whole season on the sidelines :(
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #241: Aug 04, 2009 12:54:11 pm
      I dont want this lad.

Horrid injury record for a young lad that is still trying to develop. Most sceptical about the fact that he is Italian and has been blooded in the Seria A a totaly different brand of football played and I dont recall one decent Italian signing making an impact in the premier league (Zola aside).

Di Canio, Di Matteo, Villai, Ravenelli, Cudicini are the only other decent ones that spring to mind........... But I share your concerns about Aquilani being the one to fill Xabi's shoes.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #242: Aug 04, 2009 12:58:06 pm
      Wait a minute seeing that Aquilani would be taking over Xabi's place in the side he is more than likely to get injured as Xabi Alonso last year was the player that had the most tackles on him resulting into the most red cards.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #243: Aug 04, 2009 12:58:22 pm
      Di Canio, Di Matteo, Villai, Ravenelli, Cudicini are the only other decent ones that spring to mind........... But I share your concerns about Aquilani being the one to fill Xabi's shoes.

Maybe he should go to Chelsea?  ;)
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #244: Aug 04, 2009 01:00:02 pm
      It is a concern about his injuries, though. He's a quality player, but I'm concerned that injuries might be a hindrance to the lads success.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #245: Aug 04, 2009 01:00:57 pm
      Maybe he should go to Chelsea?  ;)

I'd rather that than here to be honest ;)
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #246: Aug 04, 2009 01:01:27 pm
      All those that you have mentioned never made a serious impact i think between them they have won a Carling cup and that was the Chelsea contingent of Vialli and Di Mateo. Di canio was decent but always in a small club, ravanelli was sh*te and Cudicini left a huge imprint on the Chelsea's bench. I also refer to some big money moves like the Veron's , Crespos' and Shevchenko's who were Gods in Italy but were out of their depth in the Premier League.

It is for this reason and Aquilani's injury record I would not like to see him in a red shirt.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #247: Aug 04, 2009 01:02:53 pm
      All those that you have mentioned never made a serious impact I think between them they have won a Carling cup and that was the Chelsea contingent of Vialli and Di Mateo. Di canio was decent but always in a small club, ravanelli was sh*te and Cudicini left a huge imprint on the Chelsea's bench. I also refer to some big money moves like the Veron's , Crespos' and Shevchenko's who were Gods in Italy but were out of their depth in the Premier League.

It is for this reason and Aquilani's injury record I would not like to see him in a red shirt.
      So you would prefer Defour or Cattermole even ?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #248: Aug 04, 2009 01:03:45 pm
      Neither.

Flamini would be the only logical replacement for me.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #249: Aug 04, 2009 01:06:22 pm

ravanelli was sh*te .

I disagree with Ravanelli was sh*te in his first season at Boro he scored 31 goals in a team that got relegated thats not the return of a sh*te player. plus I never said a serious impact I said decent.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #250: Aug 04, 2009 01:07:24 pm
      Flamini would only come to us for the money which we don't really have. I think we should leave Spearing or Lucas to battle it out to make it their own position and try for a winger and backup striker. Back on topic if he does come i hope him the best but haven't heard anything official yet so ill keep waiting.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #251: Aug 04, 2009 01:12:58 pm
      Is a "decent" impact what a team chasing a first title after two decades really needs?

Correction Ravanelli scored 17 goals in 34 appearences.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #252: Aug 04, 2009 01:23:32 pm
      Ravanelli, who scored 31 goals for Boro last season and has three years left of his contract, believes his ambition to play in the World Cup with Italy will not be jeopardised by staying on Teesside.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-ravanelli-to-stay-at-middlesbrough-1252164.html

If your talking Wiki they have not included his cup goals.

If you read my previous  posts I am in agreement with you that Aquilani is not for us..and no I'm not saying the players we need are to be "decent" so if you are saying i have "implied" this you need to either re-read through my posts or get your self to spec savers. all I was saying is there was some other Italians who had made a decent impact. Cudicini he was outstanding at Chelsea until Cech arrived.

Quick Reply