Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool & Chelsea after Kaka?

Read 3654 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Liverpool & Chelsea after Kaka?
      Mar 11, 2007 01:27:28 pm
      It's from aloadofw**k, which isn't the most reliable source, but I thought this was worth a mention.

aloadofw**k.com - March 09, 2007

Chelsea and Liverpool's new American owners are ready to test AC Milan's resolve over Brazilian star Kaka.

The Daily Mail says such is the renewed power of the Premiership in Europe, the Brazilian midfielder would find a move to England more appealing than staying in Serie A.

With Roman Abramovich standing by Andriy Shevchenko, the Blues will be favourites for Kaka, who regards the Ukrainian as his best friend in football.

However, Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, backed by the money from new owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, is sure to be in the running for the midfield superstar.

Kaka's management may also see the benefits of a move to the Premiership, given the merchandise and marketing success of Premiership stars over their Serie A counterparts.

I did hear a rumour before that Kaka's off if Milan don't secure a place in next seasons Champions League, which they're struggling to do at present. Obviously I would love to see him here, he's the one type of player we're desperately missing. A man who can create a bit of space when a team decides to play with ten men behind the ball. At the moment we only have Luis Garcia, who can do this sometimes, but not regularly enough. We may be a very hard team to beat, but we're not the hardest team to get a draw against. I do feel it will all rest on Milans placing at the end of the season, but if available Kaka is someone we have to go for.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2007 01:41:23 pm by EddieC »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Liverpool & Chelsea after Kaka?
      Reply #1: Mar 11, 2007 01:59:11 pm
      Could not really see Kaka moving to either club while Gerrard is at Liverpool and Chelsea have got Ballack and Lampard
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #2: Mar 11, 2007 02:08:21 pm
      Could not really see Kaka moving to either club while Gerrard is at Liverpool and Chelsea have got Ballack and Lampard

Good point.  These players are all about being the 'biggest' name at their respective clubs.  He's a good player don't get me wrong but it's not the position where we need strengthening at the minute.  Unless Alonso's going to be off at the end of the year.
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #3: Mar 11, 2007 02:18:35 pm

Very different players IMO. Obviously Stevie is amazing at what he does, but he also struggles when teams put 10 men behind the ball. Similarly at Sh!tski, when they're playing a very defensive team, it's not so often Ballack or Lampard who makes the breakthrough, more likely Robben or Joe Cole. We don't really have that type of player who can have three defenders hounding him & suddenly leave all three for dust. It has been our downfall time & time again, not being able to break teams down, how often have we bombarded the opposition this season without getting a result? A player like Kaka would be ideal for these situations, although personally I feel David Villa can do the job just as well & would pick him if it was a straight choice out of the two.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2007 02:19:57 pm by EddieC »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #4: Mar 11, 2007 03:35:38 pm
      Well said EddieC, I have to agree with you, David Villa would be my first choice.
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      Reply #5: Mar 14, 2007 04:18:37 am
      yap... kaka is marvelous but we have gerrard in that comparment so it is not nessesary to buy kaka but unless kaka is plying on the left which sometimes i see him played there maybe he will b a good purchase. striker with the likes of villa n eto'o is the better buy..
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #6: Mar 14, 2007 07:11:40 am
      Kaka is not the player we need...our central midfied area is great....obvious point is that HAVE to get 2 Quality Wingers....like to see what KaKa would do at the Reebok on a waterlogged pitch in November
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 14, 2007 11:05:33 am
      Italians papers did speak about a rebuild of AC Milan on Kaka's shoulders. Real Madrid did great offer ( about 100.000.000,00 Euros !!) but everything knows that kaka is for AC Milan the same that Gerrard for LFC.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #8: Mar 14, 2007 04:29:29 pm
      Kaka is most probably the best midfielder in Europe bar Stevie G! I feel he is better than Ronaldinho! Some of the skill he does leaves em gob smacked! If he was to join hed be fantastic but I cant see it happening... Plus we need David Villa more!!!!!

BRING VILLA!!!

In Rafa we Trust
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      Reply #9: Mar 15, 2007 12:29:12 am
      we need a striker more than we need kaka... bring some1 who can score as we got the best mid in the world.. agree with lester76!we need wingers to supply ball not give in away.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #10: Mar 15, 2007 09:51:57 pm
      If Kaka were to come anyways I'm getting a jersey with his name immediately.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #11: Mar 15, 2007 09:53:26 pm
      If Kaka were to come anyways I'm getting a jersey with his name immediately.

Same
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Mar 16, 2007 05:04:19 pm
      Hold on... aloadofw**k.com?
      That has to leak some of the biggest bullshit ever.
      It's been running for a few years and they say this and that.
      Does it happen? About 20% of it does.
      All bollocks.
      BRANDON
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #13: Mar 20, 2007 12:01:50 pm
      kaka? why do we need him? might be good for milan but is he goin to play rafas game i not to sure about that. any way we need strikers now and wingers as well.our defenders namely finnan cant be playing wingers as well.does a great job at it thought. probably one of the best players at liverpool
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #14: Mar 20, 2007 12:51:05 pm
      why do we need Kaka? because he can play Left and right midfield, in the hole, as a striker as an attacking midfielder pretty much anywhere in attack. Not that we ever will, but bringing him here would add loads of guile, skill, pace and creativity. anyone who was at anfield for the blueshite fixture will know what i mean!! ??? him on the left  Gerrard on the right Kuyt as a deep lying striker and Eto'o/villa as a goal poacher attacking perfection my friend.
      Poolgiants
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 94 posts | -31 
      Reply #15: Mar 20, 2007 01:28:11 pm
      Kaka isn't going to leave AC Milan for Liverpool. Let's be realistic; Liverpool haven't won the English league for 17 years. We've hardly even been in a title race in that time.  Milan are trying to buy Ronaldinho while we are signing Veronin. They have Ronaldo, we have Crouch.

We are still a long way from being a great team as this season in the league has proven once again. Beating Barcelona, the holders, was great but Benfica beat us home and away last year when we were defending champions and it didn't make them a top side.  If Liverpool want to get players like Kaka to leave huge clubs like AC Milan then you have to really challenge for your league title, and to be honest, the style of football we play isn't nearly as good as Milan as the 1st half of the '05 final proved to everyone so that alone would probably convince him not to sign for Liverpool. We have a lot to improve on before a player like Kaka would leave Milan at his peak to come to Anfield. They've had a poor season this year in the league but they won't tolerate that every year like we do.

Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #16: Mar 20, 2007 01:51:50 pm
      We have tolerated poor league seasons for too long, but since Rafa has been with us that has been down the the lack of investment. We have not been able to give him the funds to compete with Man Ure, Chavski or even Arsenal. We have money to give Rafa now so there can be no more excuses in the coming years for poor league seasons. And Chavski have proven that if you put the money up the best players in the world will sign for you, They were in a worse position than us and on the verge of bankruptcy when the Russian bought them out with all his Billions of Rubbles. I don't know if we should go after the likes of Kaka though, would he be suited to our league? I don't know, looking at the other big clubs in England and their best players are all British, Terry, Lampard, Joe Cole, Scholes, Giggs. I would like to see us buy the best British up and coming talent, there are no guarantees with forgien players, Shevchenko hasn't done it for Chavski and Morrientes is a 3 time European Champion but didn't do it for us.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #17: Mar 20, 2007 02:17:40 pm
      Kaka isn't going to leave AC Milan for Liverpool. Let's be realistic; Liverpool haven't won the English league for 17 years. We've hardly even been in a title race in that time.  Milan are trying to buy Ronaldinho while we are signing Veronin. They have Ronaldo, we have Crouch.

We are still a long way from being a great team as this season in the league has proven once again. Beating Barcelona, the holders, was great but Benfica beat us home and away last year when we were defending champions and it didn't make them a top side.  If Liverpool want to get players like Kaka to leave huge clubs like AC Milan then you have to really challenge for your league title, and to be honest, the style of football we play isn't nearly as good as Milan as the 1st half of the '05 final proved to everyone so that alone would probably convince him not to sign for Liverpool. We have a lot to improve on before a player like Kaka would leave Milan at his peak to come to Anfield. They've had a poor season this year in the league but they won't tolerate that every year like we do.

Maybe im reading your post wrong but a bigger pessimist I have yet to read on here! Benfica did beat us home and away last year in the knockout stages of the Champions league but Chelsea couldn’t do it in Europe and we finished top of our group, this year we are in the Quarters again and in 2005 we won it so I would say as far as Europe goes we are more than a force to be reckoned with. Beating Barca is more than “great” it keeps us in the mind of every player with ambitions of winning the ECL, do you think Kaka would want to come to us to win a Premier league medal? No he would come because he thinks he would be in with a chance of European glory, but the point is he would come. You say we have a lot to improve on before the likes of Kaka would join us, I disagree we are a few quality players short of a good enough team to challenge for the title as was said by our own Jamie Carragher. And if you still expect to see us playing football like Milan once we have signed a few class players you will be very disappointed as Rafa is just not that sort of manager as he proved at Valencia and with us so far, he plays us in a methodical and tactically aware fashion with a lot of emphasis on defensive duties and counter attacks, we just don’t have the class players his tactics demand Yet! but hopefully that will change with the new investment giving us some clout in the transfer market.
      Oh and for the record I don’t think Kaka is coming not because he doesn’t want to but because tribal football is an unreliable transfer rumours site.

I see your fairly new poolgiants,so welcome mate its all about opinions.
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2007 02:27:30 pm by Glenbuck »
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #18: Mar 20, 2007 09:46:57 pm
      Maybe im reading your post wrong but a bigger pessimist I have yet to read on here! Benfica did beat us home and away last year in the knockout stages of the Champions league but Chelsea couldn’t do it in Europe and we finished top of our group, this year we are in the Quarters again and in 2005 we won it so I would say as far as Europe goes we are more than a force to be reckoned with. Beating Barca is more than “great” it keeps us in the mind of every player with ambitions of winning the ECL, do you think Kaka would want to come to us to win a Premier league medal? No he would come because he thinks he would be in with a chance of European glory, but the point is he would come. You say we have a lot to improve on before the likes of Kaka would join us, I disagree we are a few quality players short of a good enough team to challenge for the title as was said by our own Jamie Carragher. And if you still expect to see us playing football like Milan once we have signed a few class players you will be very disappointed as Rafa is just not that sort of manager as he proved at Valencia and with us so far, he plays us in a methodical and tactically aware fashion with a lot of emphasis on defensive duties and counter attacks, we just don’t have the class players his tactics demand Yet! but hopefully that will change with the new investment giving us some clout in the transfer market.
      Oh and for the record I don’t think Kaka is coming not because he doesn’t want to but because tribal football is an unreliable transfer rumours site.

I see your fairly new poolgiants,so welcome mate its all about opinions.

Whoa! Wtg, Glenbuck!

Quick Reply