Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Aston Villa V's Liverpool 18/3/07

Read 19955 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Aston Villa V's Liverpool 18/3/07
      Reply #69: Mar 19, 2007 11:22:09 am
      Rafa is a genius but maybe he did get it wrong. As for our midfielders Alonso is a class player with unique passing but like lester said he is too hot and cold, he can't dictate the pace of a game like Mascherano can. You hear everyone go on about how good Sissoko will be because he's only 22, well Masch is the same age as him and look how good he is.

Gerrard should always be played in the middle no matter what! It is true since Sissoko has came back that our results have gone downhill, Masch and Xabi in the middle would not be too bad because Alonso can be attack minded at times but Masch and Sissoko is super defensive and our fans don't want to see that this season and definitely not next season.
      Cy
      Reply #70: Mar 19, 2007 11:39:22 am
      I missed the game I was working, looks like I didnt miss anything really..Rafa wants to win Europe YES! that is the only cup we can play for now, there is NO points thinking of the premiership this year, we will finish 3 or 4 not a great deal of difference really..Today was probably a testing side, playing two defensives middlefield player was probably a bad idea, but evn if Sissoko had a very poor game (as everyone seems to say he had) don't blame the lad too hard, he is a very good player and just come back from 3 months injury..having a bad day at the office happens to everyone..we will need him next year..

Concerning having Gerrard playing only in the middle, well, so much have been said about that, he scored more goal playing on the right side last year then he did this year playing in the middle, fact! Playing in the middle make him the creator and dictator of the game and that is where I think he should play, but with someone like Mascherano coming on we might see more and more of gerrard on the right or as a free runner behind the 2 strikers...
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #71: Mar 19, 2007 10:48:14 pm
      Mascherano has a quality pedigree but I don't think we've seen enough of him in the prem to say weather he can be as good as when he turns out for the national squad. You get more time on the ball there. Give him time before you judge him. And yes, I think Rafa did get it wrong playing him with momo, here was a team that needed attacking while thier confidence was low. My lad went to the game and thought it was one of the poorest games he had ever seen. We must attack these teams with high tempo or we will end up like them- Mid table. Imagine if Bolton had won? forget third, we would be battleing to stay fourth. Why do we seem to have lost  the belief in our ability to score? We should get forward, get at them and leave the defenders to do thier job at the back. They've been great up to now, why did we have to play so deep, Why were the mid field so lapse in supporting the strikers? Were they instructed to play like this or does it just evolve on the pitch? Got to say I'm pretty disolusioned after that display. I suppose on the bright side, it can only get better.
      bigredarmy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      Reply #72: Mar 20, 2007 06:34:35 am
      sissoko shouldnt be a starter, he should come off the bench when we need to play more defensive style or if either midfielder gets injured.  gerrard should always be in the middle and rotate alonso/mascherano.  never let him be on the right, we create more chances with the wingers..
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #73: Mar 20, 2007 08:13:41 am
      sissoko shouldnt be a starter, he should come off the bench when we need to play more defensive style or if either midfielder gets injured.  gerrard should always be in the middle and rotate alonso/mascherano.  never let him be on the right, we create more chances with the wingers..

I wish people would get off Momo's back.
      Ok he's had a couple of bad games since coming back from injury, but it takes time and match fitness to get back to the level he was playing at before.
      Remember his performance at the Nou Camp ? - oh no, it's just his last game we remember.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #74: Mar 20, 2007 04:08:11 pm
      Sissoko is quality....sissoko is quality...if he was at Arsenel you'd be saying what a genius Wenger was for discoving another hugely talented youngster with bags of potential....if he wason the teamsheet against us you'd be concerned and envious....we'd call him the new Vierra....we'd wish Rafa hadfound him and that he was ours. He is 22 and he is quality. He is our future
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #75: Mar 20, 2007 04:14:45 pm
      He just needs time

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GONCGcDP2NY

Momo is boss!

Quick Reply