Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Children

Read 2302 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Children
      Jul 16, 2009 07:05:27 pm
      Children. Kids. Young ones. Shits. Whatever you call them, can you tolerate them?

Some kids get on my tits beyond belief. My family say that i over react but i dont think i do when they run around all day naked (ones aged up to 8!) and roll around on the front lawn. Albeit i am basing this one 6 kids all living in one household.

Glad i never was one.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Children
      Reply #1: Jul 16, 2009 07:12:23 pm
      bas**rds!

Here's the proof:

Billy Connolly ~ Ibiza
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Jul 16, 2009 07:30:43 pm
      Gow that was hilarious!!!!!!!

Open the door! I'M F***ing SHITTING MY BRAINS OUT!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Jul 16, 2009 07:42:39 pm
      That will never be not funny no matter how many times you watch it. I was trying to find the one where he's talking about those baby monitor things and him and his wife sitting on the couch (from Billy and Albert). That is even funnier!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #4: Jul 16, 2009 08:12:32 pm
      Having three I suppose I have to have an opinion on this! ;)

My opinion is that it is far easier to tolerate your own kids than other peoples. If they are kicking off in public and they're yours, you know why they're doing it, and that they will be told off or punished or whatever depending on how they behave.

Other people's kids are a different matter, as you don't know what prinicipals they've been raised to have, or what's going on at home that may have a direct effect on their behaviour.

Generally, whilst kids are obviously born with their own defined personality, they are also a product of their environment to a certain extent, and for the most part a 'bad' kid will usually only be 'bad' because of how he or she is raised, or who they are exposed to.

Anyway, I tolerate my own because it's my duty to raise them to be 'good' people and to respect others. I love them to bits and want them to grow into decent human beings, which is not an easy task in modern society.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #5: Jul 16, 2009 08:28:24 pm
      I have been able to tolerate all kids for years and have entertained kids as a dj at communions,christenings and party gatherings(birthdays),I actualy enjoy kids they are great fun and I have a great rapport with them,99% of kids get on with me even babies so all I can say is arn't kids great and when the party is over I can hand them back.

ps I'm a great Godfather.
      « Last Edit: Jul 17, 2009 05:47:16 am by el batez »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Good Morning and Good Night Thread
      Reply #6: Jul 16, 2009 08:47:34 pm
      I'll look forward to watching that video when I get home from work. Love Billy Connolly.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #7: Jul 17, 2009 12:37:43 am
      I'm sound with kids up to about the age of 6, even been known to lend a hand babysitting!! But it's like once they hit 7 they suddenly need to run around and demand your attention! But I'm able to put up with them, I just simmer inside about them!
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #8: Jul 17, 2009 09:57:03 am
      They're tolerable up to a certain age. I don't mind kids but there is always going to be one that does your head in and you just feel like smacking them.

macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #9: Jul 17, 2009 10:12:14 am
      The only way to educate and raise them is by the Liverpool code of conduct. Always be honourable and respectful to others!
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #10: Jul 17, 2009 11:45:18 am
      Good thing that we weren't kids, eh?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: Jul 17, 2009 01:45:11 pm
      It depends really.

I have two nephews who I love to bits. One is one and a half and the other is nearly six.

The baby is funny. He's starting to get his own little identity now, and the older lad is well and truly his own person. I can see what some people are saying when they demand attention, etc. My older nephew does indeed demand attention from time to time, but it's usually okay unless I'm pissed off with something else or hungover. :D He is never the source of my frustration which probably sums up my views on kids related to me.

Other people's kids is a different matter. I do believe in keeping your own kids in check. I also mind my girlfriend's neighbour's kids, who can be a handful at times for a variety of reasons.  There's only so much telling off you can do with other people's children.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: Jul 17, 2009 05:21:29 pm
      I love kids, got two of my own and I'd like to think I am a good Mum, I now also have a gorgeous little grandson called Keegan, 6 months old, he's a little beauty but I won't hesitate to tell him off when he's older if he's naughty when he's in my house.

I'd just like to think that I've brought my own kids up to be respectful of others, be kind and polite and help whenever possible, of course, there were times when they were little horrors like all children can be, but one thing we should all remember, and that is, we were all children once, of course some still are cos they never grow up  :laugh:

Now, other people's kids, that's a different matter, one of the things that annoys me more than most in when your in a restaurant having a meal, and there are kids running about.......W T F is that all about, disgraceful and parents should have more control over their kids.

Generally though I'm fairly tolerant of children, and I work with 14 to 18 year olds, and they can be bloody cheeky at times I can tell you, it's all about being on their level.

gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #13: Jul 17, 2009 07:11:27 pm
      Yes i do love kids , but i couldn't eat a whole one.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Jul 17, 2009 07:31:11 pm
      Bet you could if you tried hard enough Gareth  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15: Jul 18, 2009 01:18:38 am
      Can tolerate my little nephew and my little cousins but other people's kids? No chance, drive my up the friggin wall!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #16: Jul 18, 2009 02:54:01 am
      They're tolerable up to a certain age. I don't mind kids but there is always going to be one that does your head in and you just feel like smacking them.

Oh, oh I'm going to run now, I'll get bloody smacked :o

:laugh:
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #17: Jul 18, 2009 12:26:59 pm
      Oh, oh I'm going to run now, I'll get bloody smacked :o

:laugh:

I don't smack children, especially because they're not mine.

I just hope my kids aren't spoilt brats. But still got a long way to go. ;)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #18: Jul 18, 2009 12:32:57 pm
      Paitience is a virtue.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #19: Jul 24, 2009 09:47:11 am
       All kids are good,it is only when they grow up and get cheeky that you change your opinion.How does that saying go,do as i say not do as i do.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #20: Jul 24, 2009 09:48:34 am
      All kids are good,it is only when they grow up and get cheeky that you change your opinion.How does that saying go,do as I say not do as I do.

:D

It all goes downhill when they start talking. :D

Quick Reply