Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 467774 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3703: May 10, 2022 05:27:56 pm
      For what it’s worth…
      Doesn’t matter who we/you support when a player ( on paper )  of Haalands standards go to one of your main rivals it must hurt,

Doesn't hurt IMO, he is a player we were never, ever going to sign so unless someone is deluded enough to think it was a possibility, there's no reason to really care IMO.

He's a fantastic talent, no doubt about it, but like I said the other day - plenty of players with his hype and expectation have moved to the Premier League and flopped. I remember when Shevchenko signed for Chelsea, it was supposed to be the start of their real dominance of world football, and he was sh*te. Who's to say Haaland won't go the same way.

On a side note, for his age, he is showing some unfavourable signs about his fitness. Saw the amount of injuries he's had so far and he has had a lot of muscle injuries. Let's see how he can cope with the intensity of the Premier League, he's about to enter a league that is a lot harder than he's been playing in so far. Sancho, Havertz, Werner and Pulisic came to the Premier League from the Bundesliga with big hype and expectation, so far they've been a big disappointment so it shows that it's not an easy transition to make.

Also, just gives more reason to laugh at City and Pep when they still fail to win the Champions League.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3718 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3704: May 10, 2022 05:31:25 pm
      He's a very good signing but he will be like Aguero, in and out.

We need to sort our attackers contracts.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,064 posts | 2728 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3705: May 10, 2022 05:49:06 pm
      Doesn't hurt IMO, he is a player we were never, ever going to sign so unless someone is deluded enough to think it was a possibility, there's no reason to really care IMO.

He's a fantastic talent, no doubt about it, but like I said the other day - plenty of players with his hype and expectation have moved to the Premier League and flopped. I remember when Shevchenko signed for Chelsea, it was supposed to be the start of their real dominance of world football, and he was sh*te. Who's to say Haaland won't go the same way.

On a side note, for his age, he is showing some unfavourable signs about his fitness. Saw the amount of injuries he's had so far and he has had a lot of muscle injuries. Let's see how he can cope with the intensity of the Premier League, he's about to enter a league that is a lot harder than he's been playing in so far. Sancho, Havertz, Werner and Pulisic came to the Premier League from the Bundesliga with big hype and expectation, so far they've been a big disappointment so it shows that it's not an easy transition to make.

Also, just gives more reason to laugh at City and Pep when they still fail to win the Champions League.

I get your point KK but as fans we all like to wishful think at times. Everything else you say I agree on. He’s coming to the hardest league in the world, many have fallen by the wayside. Will Haaland be the next? Time will tell.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3706: May 10, 2022 05:56:12 pm
      we may as well pack in now according to the experts on SKY. Haaland is a one man team so lets wait and see Virgil and Konate may well have something to say about that because he will not be bullying them . UTD are becoming the Everton of their City and who will go their next season ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,064 posts | 2728 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3707: May 10, 2022 06:03:15 pm
      we may as well pack in now according to the experts on SKY. Haaland is a one man team so lets wait and see Virgil and Konate may well have something to say about that because he will not be bullying them . UTD are becoming the Everton of their City and who will go their next season ?

United will always attract because it’s United and we pay these greedy football players what they want. These days success comes second to money.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3708: May 10, 2022 06:17:19 pm
      United will always attract because it’s United and we pay these greedy football players what they want. These days success comes second to money.

but now there is City, Chelsea, Newcastle all willing to pay big money this isnt a dig at UTD its a grest big middle finger to City and its dubious owners wealth. SO if City win on merit and by coaching players what should we make of a £250 million 21 year old. Buying success whatever eway you want to look at it. UTD spent big but clearly brought players through how many has Pep brought through at City since he arrived 1 I think who is exceptional.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,257 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3709: May 10, 2022 06:19:04 pm
      Always thought Pep was ok but we have seen the dark side of him this week the twisted c**t see how he would do without his bankroll of money the twisted snide
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 112 
      Reply #3710: May 10, 2022 06:30:21 pm

The waffling idiots on Sky are paid to be a verbal version of the red tops. Sensationalise everything, hyperbole rules the day. The day I listen to any of the sh*te they spout and think yes, they're correct is the day I give up on football. He's been impressive in Germany I suppose but we'll just have to wait and see how good he turns out to be here. I'm happy trusting in our recruitment policy to acquire more players in the Diaz, Jota etc etc etc mode. Players who after arriving add great value to the club and to themselves and most importantly fit the gaffers system. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3711: May 10, 2022 06:48:39 pm
      Will Haaland be the next? Time will tell.

Hopefully because it's always good to see City failing. Surely this ramps up the pressure on Pep, if he doesn't win the Champions League next season with Haaland having been signed, surely he has to go. I'm still amazed he kept his job when we won the league and all he managed that year was the Carabao Cup. Let's face it, he isn't doing anything at City that Pellegrini and Mancini managed and they were given their marching orders for much stronger season's than some of Pep's. Pep was hired to win the Champions League, that's why they got rid of Pellegrini and so far, 5/6 years on, he's made 1 final.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,064 posts | 2728 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3712: May 10, 2022 06:48:52 pm
      Always thought Pep was ok but we have seen the dark side of him this week the twisted c**t see how he would do without his bankroll of money the twisted snide

Not seen this interview yet? Can someone put link up?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,884 posts | 421 
      Reply #3713: May 10, 2022 06:51:11 pm

Nah he's not okay hes a little odd.

Imagine the prem table if we had their spend and we had theirs?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3718 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3714: May 10, 2022 06:55:24 pm
      We need to work double the amount to prove them wrong next year.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,790 posts | 574 
      Reply #3715: May 11, 2022 09:36:12 pm
      When does Pep leave for his new project at Newcastle?

I know someone has to win the league before him before he gets there of course, cant be building something from the ground up.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3716: May 11, 2022 09:42:19 pm
      De Bruyne FC.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,803 posts | 6754 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3717: May 12, 2022 01:50:04 am
      1 Man Club

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022 02:31:37 am by AussieRed »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,803 posts | 6754 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3718: May 12, 2022 08:54:09 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3719: May 12, 2022 10:19:13 am

times have changed now everyone pays big money so the choice is who can give the titles . i may be wrong but there are now 3 or 4 more teams who will be more attractive .
      How many players capable of competing in the CL or at the top of the EPL will see Haag as a manager who will win things in the next couple of seasons. Also and this must be hard for any UTD supporter which players would go to a team that isnt the most successful in their own City.
      Also with City you can now only afford to drop 15  or16 points if you want to win the league which is crazy.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,064 posts | 2728 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3720: May 12, 2022 02:46:42 pm
      times have changed now everyone pays big money so the choice is who can give the titles . i may be wrong but there are now 3 or 4 more teams who will be more attractive .
      How many players capable of competing in the CL or at the top of the EPL will see Haag as a manager who will win things in the next couple of seasons. Also and this must be hard for any UTD supporter which players would go to a team that isnt the most successful in their own City.
      Also with City you can now only afford to drop 15  or16 points if you want to win the league which is crazy.

I only see two presently, you lot! & City.

Big clubs always attract big players coz of the wages. Not saying it’s right but that’s just the way it is. Course it’s hard knowing that you’ve been the best for 30/40 years  and now playing second fiddle with no signs of it getting better.

City have raise the bar to such a level it’s going to be very hard for anyone to compete. Even you lot will probably struggle because of the spending cap by the club. Henderson & Milner are on their last legs and need replacing.

Makes it all quite remarkable what you lot have done this year when you consider it’s impossible to match City’s spending power. Looking like 90 points won’t win you the league now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3721: May 12, 2022 05:24:12 pm
      Course it’s hard knowing that you’ve been the best for 30/40 years  and now playing second fiddle with no signs of it getting better

Ha come on Keith lad, you certainly weren’t at the top for that length of time! ;)

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,064 posts | 2728 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3722: May 12, 2022 07:36:41 pm
      Ha come on Keith lad, you certainly weren’t at the top for that length of time! ;)

I meant better than City KK  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3723: May 12, 2022 08:39:13 pm
      I only see two presently, you lot! & City.

Big clubs always attract big players coz of the wages. Not saying it’s right but that’s just the way it is. Course it’s hard knowing that you’ve been the best for 30/40 years  and now playing second fiddle with no signs of it getting better.

City have raise the bar to such a level it’s going to be very hard for anyone to compete. Even you lot will probably struggle because of the spending cap by the club. Henderson & Milner are on their last legs and need replacing.

Makes it all quite remarkable what you lot have done this year when you consider it’s impossible to match City’s spending power. Looking like 90 points won’t win you the league now.

if City win the League for the next 3 years which is very likely where does this leave the league teams will rest players against City unless Newcastle can spend their way to challenge them Saudi V DIC.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,064 posts | 2728 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3724: May 12, 2022 09:23:12 pm
      if City win the League for the next 3 years which is very likely where does this leave the league teams will rest players against City unless Newcastle can spend their way to challenge them Saudi V DIC.

Definitely possible, when you see the goals they have without a recognised striker. They will score 100 + next year. Think I’ve already posted somewhere teams will may put weaken sides out against them so they can save themselves for cup competitions.   

Newcastle as we know only going one way, they may become the new Chelsea in a year or two. Sad state of affairs.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,004 posts | 224 
      Reply #3725: May 13, 2022 11:42:40 am
      -------------Emerson
      Walker---Dias---Laporte---cancelo
      Silva---------Rodri-------de bruyne
      Mahrez------halland-----foden

Subs grealish jesus sterling gundogan stones ake fernandinho

Let's see how having halland going to turn out for them

Quick Reply