Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 451896 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #1978: Apr 02, 2017 11:02:35 pm
      That is the FA's take on it, but if City finish fourth, whoever finishes 5th could protest that they should qualify for Champions League and not City, I doubt that FA would do anything, but there is the court of arbitration for sport. It all really depends on if City finish fourth and the team that finishes 5th even wants to open legal proceedings. City have no way of proving their players were clean and a new manager is not an excuse. The reason why City have to be careful on this is these court cases at court of arbitration for sport are usually on a case by case and not exactly set in stone procedures, like the black and white garbage FA tickboxers.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1979: Sep 30, 2017 07:22:13 pm
      Who's laughing  ??? If that's not a performance of intent i don't know what is. To go too Chavs and out play them like that. I know its only 7 games in but these guys will take some beating from what ive seen so far.  :(
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1980: Sep 30, 2017 07:26:40 pm
      Who's laughing  ??? If that's not a performance of intent i don't know what is. To go too Chavs and out play them like that. I know its only 7 games in but these guys will take some beating from what ive seen so far.  :(

Without Sergio, and Mendy out too, shows their strength in depth.
      Impressive away win for them.
      Long long way to go though..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1981: Sep 30, 2017 07:28:27 pm
      Without Sergio, and Mendy out too, shows their strength in depth.
      Impressive away win for them.
      Long long way to go though..

Can only hope their legs fall off like last year. Some how i can't see them making the same mistake twice though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1982: Sep 30, 2017 07:31:14 pm

Too right. Especially after the way Chelsea defeated Atletico Madrid away mid week. Definitely got a Pep synchronicity about them now do City.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1983: Sep 30, 2017 07:39:31 pm
      And re. Joe Hart, think Pep has been proven right there.  I thought he'd made a mistake when Bravo came in and Joe went out,  but looking at Harts form fallen off a cliff,  have to hand it to the manager on that one too.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1984: Sep 30, 2017 07:41:39 pm
      And re. Joe Hart, think Pep has been proven right there.  I thought he'd made a mistake when Bravo came in and Joe went out,  but looking at Harts form fallen off a cliff,  have to hand it to the manager on that one too.

Even despite his faults last year, Bravo was still a million miles ahead of Hart who quite frankly made a fool of himself at Torino.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1985: Sep 30, 2017 08:20:54 pm
      Too right. Especially after the way Chelsea defeated Atletico Madrid away mid week. Definitely got a Pep synchronicity about them now do City.

Even if our respective teams can't win we still have Hammy in F1  :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6636 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1986: Sep 30, 2017 11:26:25 pm
      Wow, that's a pretty F***ing awesome result for them.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,207 posts | 1414 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1987: Dec 30, 2017 06:42:58 pm
      Scary to think if the Utd match stays as it is now, and they continue their winning ways tomorrow they could be 17 points clear on the turn of the year!  :o

There is definitely no laughing at them this season so far, but seeing that lil last 10 minutes of their Newcastle match has me believing we may be one of the only teams that can probably expose them a little, if we can keep all 11 on the pitch in our next match.... Iā€™m kinda hoping they are still unbeaten when we go against them  :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6636 
      Reply #1988: Dec 31, 2017 10:32:41 pm
      Prem league a strange one, gone for a Palace win 10/1.  ;)

They should have won it but that's was one of the shittest penalties I've ever seen, with so much at stake. I still say we are going to be the first team to beat them this year.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1989: Jan 01, 2018 12:47:06 am
      I think Citeh are too far ahead now for anyone to catch them but they do seem to be running a bit out of steam at the moment.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1990: Jan 01, 2018 04:03:20 am
      I think Citeh are too far ahead now for anyone to catch them but they do seem to be running a bit out of steam at the moment.

Have they not just won 18 on the bounce.

Out of steam is a little harsh.

Have to admit they are a joy to watch this year. Silva and De Bruyne are top tier talent. Wish we would have signed both while we had the chance
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6636 
      Reply #1991: Jan 01, 2018 05:08:08 am
      De Bruyne and Jesus injured yesterday....maybe it's the start of their implosion. Fingers and everyfucking thing else crossed.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1992: Jan 01, 2018 09:46:33 am
      De Bruyne and Jesus injured yesterday....maybe it's the start of their implosion. Fingers and everyfucking thing else crossed.

Or as my red headed 16yr old put it.....ā€Jesus and ginger Jesus both out........hopefully not back till around Easter like the original oneā€

🤣
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1993: Jan 01, 2018 12:08:12 pm

Think you better wake up and smell coffee, you must think we've started a New Year  :f_whistle:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1994: Jan 01, 2018 01:03:29 pm
      No Silva or KDB, letā€™s see what they are really made of now. Defensively I expect they will be ok, not in attack though, Jesus injured doesnā€™t help them despite how sh*t heā€™s been recently.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1995: Jan 02, 2018 07:36:06 pm
      No Silva or KDB, letā€™s see what they are really made of now. Defensively I expect they will be ok, not in attack though, Jesus injured doesnā€™t help them despite how sh*t heā€™s been recently.
      Or as my red headed 16yr old put it.....ā€Jesus and ginger Jesus both out........hopefully not back till around Easter like the original oneā€

🤣
      KDB in the starting line up tonight. Made of tough stuff, that looked a sore one. Durability to go with the talent. I canā€™t help but like the guy, he really is a cracking player.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1996: Jan 02, 2018 10:33:35 pm
      KDB in the starting line up tonight. Made of tough stuff, that looked a sore one. Durability to go with the talent. I canā€™t help but like the guy, he really is a cracking player.

Vast difference between him and some other players. KDB get's carried off with a knee brace and still has pain according to Pep and then dominates a game just a few days later. Morata misses a game because he's "tired". Then, despite the record Kane got in 2017, not able to start because he has a cold.

Good to see some players still have the determination to play every single game.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1997: Jan 02, 2018 10:42:44 pm
      Vast difference between him and some other players. KDB get's carried off with a knee brace and still has pain according to Pep and then dominates a game just a few days later. Morata misses a game because he's "tired". Then, despite the record Kane got in 2017, not able to start because he has a cold.

Good to see some players still have the determination to play every single game.
      Absolutely mate. Case in point, Daniel Sturridge. I recall Klopp coming out and saying that he needed to learn the difference between pain and serious pain and that he should be doing his best to play through the pain barrier.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #1998: Jan 03, 2018 07:53:51 pm
      I see the two tw*ts who tried to crock De Bruyne are both out for rest of the season.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1999: Jan 15, 2018 09:53:38 pm
      If this is true, fair play to them for ditching the F***ing little mercenary:
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3349818/man-city-pull-out-of-race-to-sign-alexis-sanchez-sources

Hope he ends up with some shower with no hope of winning anything...
      Utd.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2000: Jan 15, 2018 10:20:20 pm
      If this is true, fair play to them for ditching the f**king little mercenary:
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3349818/man-city-pull-out-of-race-to-sign-alexis-sanchez-sources

Hope he ends up with some shower with no hope of winning anything...
      Utd.

Perhaps you'd like to name the trophies United & Liverpool have won in the last ten years.  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply