Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 469086 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3887: Aug 28, 2022 10:31:26 am
      people can pretend Haaland isnt the real deal  but if he stays fit the rest of the league are in trouble he is unplayable with that level of strength speed and ability he is a freak.
      Hopefully Slab head will do him in the Manc derby

His qualities may well be endless with him being so young. He reminds me of so many of the best strikers we’ve seen in the league. Best- Shearer-Dalglish-Kane-Rush-Ronaldo- Bergkamp- Aguero- Rooney-Drogba- Cantona, the list is endless but this lad could take all the scalps and be the best ever to play in the Premier league.

How long before he comes officially the best player in the world if he hasn’t got the title already. ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3888: Aug 28, 2022 12:35:24 pm
      Still think the £55mil figure is bollox with Agents fees reported to be close to £15mil and £500k per week.  Still these Oil men are raking it in at present how long before people realise we are all subsidising City's spending.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3889: Aug 28, 2022 02:02:50 pm
      Still think the £55mil figure is bollox with Agents fees reported to be close to £15mil and £500k per week.  Still these Oil men are raking it in at present how long before people realise we are all subsidising City's spending.

Good point but we’ve been subsidising to City’s spending for over 5 years now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #3890: Aug 28, 2022 03:19:57 pm
      Haaland getting motoring and starting to look the real deal.

I fully expect Haaland to annihilate Martinez in the manc Derby.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3891: Aug 28, 2022 03:20:35 pm

I read somewhere his old man got a £30m golden handshake. Whatever he costs I know one thing this kid is a machine and it's scary
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3892: Aug 28, 2022 03:21:23 pm
      Haaland getting motoring and starting to look the real deal.

Thought you were waiting to see him at Anfield before passing comment.  :P
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #3893: Aug 28, 2022 03:25:23 pm
      Thought you were waiting to see him at Anfield before passing comment.  :P

I would like to see his all round game.

But he's doing what it says on the tin - scoring goals
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3894: Aug 28, 2022 03:27:31 pm
      I would like to see his all round game.

But he's doing what it says on the tin - scoring goals

Yet hardly touching the ball from what we’ve seen so far. It’s frightening just how good this lad could be.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3895: Aug 28, 2022 03:30:00 pm
      Ey? Continues to impress? Following on from his 8 touches against Bournemouth, other than his goal this week he didn't do anything. He was meant to be the difference for City in these types of games but Gundogan has looked a bigger threat at CF than Haaland has. Other than the goal and 1 moment when he was played through 1v1 but missed, the Newcastle defence didn't have any problems from him because most of the time he's just stood around with his his back to goal. He's looking like a player that's had it easy in a weaker league and had a load of space to constantly run into, but he's not going to get that here

I know people want to say Haalands smashing it or whatever but to me he's just looking like City have signed more of a profile rather than what they actually needed. The needed a forward like Aguero, who was constantly on the move and made it a living hell for defenders. In the 6 yard box Haaland is great but he's got to show more than that. I said this before he even went to City, that he wasn't right for them and I've seen nothing from him to suggest otherwise.

Haaland will get goals in and around the 6 yard box but they will be worse off moving on Sterling and Jesus in order to accomodate Haaland. So far, Jesus is making it look like a bad decision for City moving him on rather than giving him a proper chance at playing through the middle.

Your opinions still the same Ben or coming round ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3896: Aug 28, 2022 08:55:37 pm
      Your opinions still the same Ben or coming round ?

It’s going to take more than a couple of tap ins and a poor bit of defending from Palace to change my mind.

Anyone would think he’s made the best ever start to the league the way some are going on about him. A season is 38 games long…well league is anyway, let’s not be getting carried away after 4 games. I didn’t see the City game because I was at Anfield but from what I read, up until his first goal he was anonymous again.

Other than scoring mostly tap ins currently, he’s not doing much else with an all round game and IMO that will only get you so far in the league these days but then, you had a player who had the art of being in the right place at the right time for them yourself for a good few years with Van Nistelrooy. Another player who’s game was limited but owned the 6 yard box.

Haaland was terrible vs Bournemouth and so far City have had bread and butter games for them so I’m more interested how he does against more competitive opponents.

If he keeps it going then fair play, will happily take it on the chin but not changing my mind based on 4 games with the stats being heavily boosted in just one of them. Think I read he’s only had 90 touches so far? All it takes is a couple of games not putting away the chances and I’m sure the narratives will soon change about him because that’s the way it goes.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #3897: Aug 28, 2022 08:56:17 pm
      Premier League defenders may need a season to get to grips with him, but they'll sort him out.

A bit.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3898: Aug 28, 2022 09:07:05 pm
      Premier League defenders may need a season to get to grips with him, but they'll sort him out.

A bit.

He reminds me a bit of your name sake, appears to always be in the right place, a talent on its own it has to be said.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3899: Aug 28, 2022 09:09:23 pm
      people can pretend Haaland isnt the real deal  but if he stays fit the rest of the league are in trouble he is unplayable with that level of strength speed and ability he is a freak.
      Hopefully Slab head will do him in the Manc derby

He's scored wherever he's gone. Big, strong, quick, and a great finisher.
      Citeh have being missing a proper centre forward since Aguero's form dipped/injury hit him.  But they've plugged that gap with possibly the best striker in the world.  [though hopefully Nunez can challenge him :) ]
      This is why we need to constantly be looking at the squad and strengthening as best we can, cause they are who we need to finish ahead of.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3900: Aug 28, 2022 09:12:31 pm
      It’s going to take more than a couple of tap ins and a poor bit of defending from Palace to change my mind.

Anyone would think he’s made the best ever start to the league the way some are going on about him. A season is 38 games long…well league is anyway, let’s not be getting carried away after 4 games. I didn’t see the City game because I was at Anfield but from what I read, up until his first goal he was anonymous again.

Other than scoring mostly tap ins currently, he’s not doing much else with an all round game and IMO that will only get you so far in the league these days but then, you had a player who had the art of being in the right place at the right time for them yourself for a good few years with Van Nistelrooy. Another player who’s game was limited but owned the 6 yard box.

Haaland was terrible vs Bournemouth and so far City have had bread and butter games for them so I’m more interested how he does against more competitive opponents.

If he keeps it going then fair play, will happily take it on the chin but not changing my mind based on 4 games with the stats being heavily boosted in just one of them. Think I read he’s only had 90 touches so far? All it takes is a couple of games not putting away the chances and I’m sure the narratives will soon change about him because that’s the way it goes.

I hope your right for all our sakes but not seeing it the way you do. The fact that’s he’s had so little of the ball ( so far) yet still scoring goals makes me see it differently from you. Thought his 3rd goal was more than a tap in as you called it. He basically bullied the two defenders round him, along with his clinical finishing I think I’ve already won my bet on the golden boot.   ;D

Time will tell us all.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3901: Aug 28, 2022 09:15:54 pm
      I hope your right for all our sakes but not seeing it the way you do. The fact that’s he’s had so little of the ball ( so far) yet still scoring goals makes me see it differently from you. Thought his 3rd goal was more than a tap in as you called it. He basically bullied the two defenders round him, along with his clinical finishing I think I’ve already won my bet on the golden boot.   ;D

Time will tell us all.

I didn’t say his 3rd goal was a tap in. I said 2 were tap ins and 1 was a poor bit of defending from Palace. The defenders showed him far too much respect on the 3rd goal and should’ve done better.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3902: Aug 28, 2022 09:18:51 pm
      I didn’t say his 3rd goal was a tap in. I said 2 were tap ins and 1 was a poor bit of defending from Palace. The defenders showed him far too much respect on the 3rd goal and should’ve done better.

Missed read your post thought it was all tap ins. However, I think defenders are scared of the beast anyway.  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3903: Aug 29, 2022 07:55:26 am
      Haalands gonna be an absolute Beast for sure. Carzy good player.

But I think some may underestimate Nunez. Got all the same physical qualities, the pace, the strangth and the knack for goals.

Juts have to keep that temprement in check and we will have our own Beast!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3904: Aug 29, 2022 08:09:47 am
      Haalands gonna be an absolute Beast for sure. Carzy good player.

But I think some may underestimate Nunez. Got all the same physical qualities, the pace, the strangth and the knack for goals.

Juts have to keep that temprement in check and we will have our own Beast!

Not seen the comparison yet Ian with both players. From what I’ve seen so far Haaland wins every time.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3905: Aug 29, 2022 08:24:46 am
      Not seen the comparison yet Ian with both players. From what I’ve seen so far Haaland wins every time.

Haaland has come out firing, always knew he would.

Nunez fu**ed up but 1 game to go then he will be unleashed!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,895 posts | 423 
      Reply #3906: Aug 29, 2022 08:47:25 am
      Haaland is just unreal. Everything a striker needs to be in 1 player. A real freak.

At this stage the comparison with Darwin just isn't there. Haaland is the real deal already.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #3907: Aug 29, 2022 09:58:59 am
      Haaland is just unreal. Everything a striker needs to be in 1 player. A real freak.

At this stage the comparison with Darwin just isn't there. Haaland is the real deal already.

F**k that - our man is going to step up to the plate!
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #3908: Aug 29, 2022 10:24:24 am

He's been brought in to secure the CL. City pretty much expect the title don't they.

Haalands goals are to help them secure the title abit earlier and go full tilt for the CL. I really can't see anyone stopping them in the league. Palace gave it a good go but they could have lost 6 or 7 by the end.

At the end of the day ... we all knew what they were getting. Obviously if he was here it would be a whole different ball game.

Nunez has learned an early lesson. It will be tough when he comes back ... gonna get wound up to f*ck ... answer in goals please.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #3909: Aug 29, 2022 11:47:59 am
      He reminds me a bit of your name sake, appears to always be in the right place, a talent on its own it has to be said.
      Absolutely. I've noticed a few of his goals, he barely has to move. Right time right place. Instinctive.

Quick Reply