Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. How often would Liverpool sell out a 76,500 seater Anfield?

Most of the time - if not every game
      (73.9%)
      Only a few times each season in the biggest games
      (26.1%)
      Hardly ever or Never
      (0%)

Vote: How often would Liverpool sell out a 76,500 seater Anfield?

Read 6610 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Re: Vote: How often would Liverpool sell out a 76,500 seater Anfield?
      Reply #23: Mar 16, 2007 08:46:26 pm
      This may sound bias but I am now a 'travelling' fan. 200 miles to a match and 200 home again,  I suggest if the season tickets are distributed on a geographical scale. Those living closer to the ground get the seats nearer the pitch, The ones more likely to miss more of the matches will be seated further to the back. This way when the ground isn't full, those that find it easier to get to the ground on a more regular basis fill the seats from the front. Any empty seats will always be towards the back and not scattered about. This will retain the closeness and the atmosphere. I think Iv'e shot myself in the foot with this one but it's aimed at the benefit of the club and although I'd love a season ticket, I know I won't be able to attend every game. Go for the big 70 plus.
      bigkarl
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #24: Mar 16, 2007 08:51:16 pm
      Honestly think it would be sold out! There are so many people waiting for season tickets as it is! Would give  us regular punters more of a chance of tickets too!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Mar 17, 2007 12:06:19 pm
      I wanna go to Liverpool Uni in 2010 shall I put my name down?! Not sure if I'll be able to afford it though :(

I think ticket prices will be a big factor, and surely if there are more seats more season tickets can be sold. Voila.

Not sure about every game though.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #26: Mar 17, 2007 02:13:04 pm
      Sorry lads, but I'm going to disagree here. Lets just put this for example. There are 55 thousand people on the waiting list for a season ticket (including myself, have been for 7 years) but I do really think we could fill it. Not every game, just most.
      Plus. I think the 60,000 idea is a stupid idea. We have to compete with the Mancs! They've got a 75,000 seater so why can't we? Even if it isnt a 75,000 I would prefer a 70,000 all seater stadium.
      I rest my case ;)

I'm not to sure about this season ticket waiting list either, I have a season ticket that was given to me by one of the Lads who can't afford it no more. I paid £610 for the privilege!! I myself have been on the season ticket waiting list since 1999. When I joined it was a pretty long list then. And if the new ground opens in 2009 I will have waited 10 years for my own season ticket!

My point is that the people who put their names down in the 90's didn't put their name down for a £610+ season ticket. the cost was obviously alot less then. And I wonder of the 55000 people on the list how many will be able to afford a season ticket for a new ground, as I fully expect prices to be close to £1000 before too long.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #27: Mar 18, 2007 10:46:42 am
      I'm not a pessimist in saying that I don't think we'll fill it most times, just a realist.
      I have a season ticket, also I have tickets guaranteed for home cup matches - so all in all tickets alone stand me at £1,000 a season.
      Add to that  - travel to and from the games, programmes, food, beer and a bet on the game - you can easily double that figure.

What I'm trying to say is that, are all these on the season ticket waiting list prepared to go to all the matches and fork out that sort of money every season ?
      Are they prepared to go to Anfield on a cold wintery night playing a team like Portsmouth after a hard day at work ?
      It's a massive commitment, as shown on New Years Day this year when only 41,000 turned up for the match V's Bolton. How would that attendance looked in a 70/80,000 stadium.
      If people cannot be arsed to get out of bed with a hangover to go and support there team on a day like that, then it doesn't fill me with confidence for a bigger ground.

People go on about how they would love to go to watch Liverpool against this and that team, the fact of the matter is, we need that support against EVERY team no matter who it is or what competition it is.

Yes I would love this new stadium to happen, but you have to look at the bigger picture, are these people prepared to give up a large majority of there time to go to all the matches, or would they just love the idea of picking and choosing which match best suits.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Reply #28: Mar 18, 2007 11:34:26 am
      I wanna go to Liverpool Uni in 2010 shall I put my name down?!

Thought you were already at Uni? Why don't you get a job and start contributing to the economy ... ;) <ducks>

Yes, it would be a wise idea to have your name on a Season ticket list.  Mrtommo has posted a lot of info in the Ticket Info board.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: Mar 18, 2007 07:15:05 pm
      Yeah I wanna study veterinary after this ;D

mrtommo u made some great points there! I would have gone to the Bolton game (if I was there like) cos I got myself up for work to watch it on TV!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: Mar 18, 2007 08:25:32 pm
      I'm not a pessimist in saying that I don't think we'll fill it most times, just a realist.
      I have a season ticket, also I have tickets guaranteed for home cup matches - so all in all tickets alone stand me at £1,000 a season.
      Add to that  - travel to and from the games, programmes, food, beer and a bet on the game - you can easily double that figure.

What I'm trying to say is that, are all these on the season ticket waiting list prepared to go to all the matches and fork out that sort of money every season ?
      Are they prepared to go to Anfield on a cold wintery night playing a team like Portsmouth after a hard day at work ?
      It's a massive commitment, as shown on New Years Day this year when only 41,000 turned up for the match V's Bolton. How would that attendance looked in a 70/80,000 stadium.
      If people cannot be arsed to get out of bed with a hangover to go and support there team on a day like that, then it doesn't fill me with confidence for a bigger ground.

People go on about how they would love to go to watch Liverpool against this and that team, the fact of the matter is, we need that support against EVERY team no matter who it is or what competition it is.

Yes I would love this new stadium to happen, but you have to look at the bigger picture, are these people prepared to give up a large majority of there time to go to all the matches, or would they just love the idea of picking and choosing which match best suits.

Some very good points there. I already thought we'd only fill it now and again and I'm with JD, Tommo and Crazy Horse.

One thing to think about though, on a lighter note. It's probably better to have the bigger capacity for people to fill, rather than not have the extra capacity at all.
      At least we have the chance to compete with the likes of the mancs then.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2007 08:26:28 pm by redkenny »
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #31: Mar 24, 2007 08:30:33 pm
      More sell outs than the politicians ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #32: Mar 24, 2007 08:43:31 pm
      I today was at Wembley a 90'000 seater stadium and it looked beautiful, if we can get a stadium near that size then i will be over the moon :)

I think we would fill the stadium almost everytime even if not the atmosphere would still be amazing.

YNWA
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #33: Mar 25, 2007 10:44:53 am
      I today was at Wembley a 90'000 seater stadium and it looked beautiful, if we can get a stadium near that size then I will be over the moon :)

I think we would fill the stadium almost everytime even if not the atmosphere would still be amazing.

YNWA

I have to agree with you about the new Wembley outstanding from the outside, Big screens where great and definitely needed I was in row 27 on the lower tier but it felt like sitting at the back of the mainstand so God knows what the view from the upper tier was like!, I hope our new stadium is as close to the pitch as possible to maintain the atmosphere

I would like to say transport links and organization was brilliant, :ernaehrung004: shame about the Catering! All in all a worthwhile journey cant wait to see the Redmen play many a final there.

oh! the game wasn`t bad either

Trivia questions for the future

Q) who scored the first hat trick at the new stadium
      A) Gianpaolo Pazzini

Q) first Englishman to score at the new stadium
      A) David Bentley
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #34: Mar 25, 2007 12:59:19 pm
      I was in row 12, quite close to the pitch. Atmosphere was quite good but imagine 90'000 liverpool fans singing you'll never walk alone or screaming after a final whistle win

Quick Reply