Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool Bid For World Cup 2018

Read 1138 times
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Liverpool Bid For World Cup 2018
      Jul 23, 2009 02:38:17 pm
      The bid to have Liverpool as one of the host city for England's 2018 World Cup plans has officially been launched. Liverpool City Council is fronting Liverpool's bid with these outlined plans submitted working on the principle that both Liverpool and Everton Football Clubs will have new stadiums by 2018.

Reds captain Stevie G fully endorses this proposal, as he explained to Liverpoolfc.tv:

'Having played in a World Cup I saw first hand exactly what it meant to the cities involved and I'd love to see that happen in my home town

'Liverpool is a massive footballing city and a World Cup in England without Liverpool is unthinkable.'

Reds Boss Rafa Benitez added the following, also from Liverpoolfc.tv:

'Everybody knows the passion people in Liverpool have for football. Their knowledge and appreciation of the game is known throughout the world and matches being staged in Liverpool would be a huge boost for a World Cup played in England.'

Liverpool's bid to be a host city sees Liverpool as one of 15 cities currently bidding to host the World Cup, this will be whittled down to 12 at the end of the year but Merseyside is almost certain to be one of the final 12.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Liverpool Bid For World Cup 2018
      Reply #1: Jul 23, 2009 03:19:33 pm
      on the principle that both Liverpool and Everton Football Clubs will have new stadiums by 2018.

At the current construction rate we'll be lucky if it's built by 2098! ::)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Jul 23, 2009 05:57:06 pm
      The North/South all in one place when some Scousers dont follow England?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #3: Aug 01, 2009 10:30:15 pm
      The World Cup can change a city forever. The amount of money, construction will totally revitalize the city.  I live in Atlanta, Ga and when the summer Olympics came here it just electrified the city. I hope Liverpool get it. They deserve it.

Little Mac
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 06, 2009 05:38:31 pm
      First of all, England has to win the election. Don't get me wrong, I would be excited if England gets it, but there's strong opponents (Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Russia, United States, Belgium & Netherlands (together), and Portugal & Spain (together). To be honest, my favourite is Australia and the United States.

Quick Reply