Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Gerrard - Not Guilty!

Read 11550 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Gerrard - Not Guilty!
      Reply #69: Jul 25, 2009 12:38:33 am
      but the images show that he threw the first punches without getting hit.

Do they?

Quote from: Judge Henry Globe
      "What at first sight to the casual observer may seem to have been a clear-cut case against you of unlawful violence, has been nowhere near as clear-cut upon careful analysis of the evidence."

We weren't there and we weren't exposed to the full evidence of the court case. It's all too easy for people to make their mind up without knowing the true facts. A reason why the two previous topics in this board were locked.

It's obvious that there was confusion about the incident. And that it was blown out of proportion. But the truth came out in the end. He wasn't guilty until proven innocent. And it's disappointing that you're making comparisons to Joey Barton mate. Gerrard is a far better human being than that piece of scum.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #70: Jul 25, 2009 12:57:43 am
      Don't get me wrong. I am made up that Stevie got off with the charge. For Liverpool's sake and the fact that everybody around the country will be gutted about it.

Yet in saying that, although this feller was probably out of order and deserved what he got.... I can't help but think that if it was'nt Steven Gerrard then he would have got done for it. He is claiming self-defence but the images show that he threw the first punches without getting hit.

Everybody is saying they are made up and all this , but if it was Joey Barton in this exact same sitiation then I believe that everybody on here would be calling him for all sorts.

I understand its great for Liverpool and I am happy for Stevie...but we should keep what happend in context.
      Its a bigger crime mentioning Stevies name in the same sentance as that c**t Barton! ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #71: Jul 25, 2009 01:22:34 am
      Great news and if he played with that on his mind last season imagine what he will be like next season knowing it's all over ;)
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #72: Jul 25, 2009 01:41:57 am
      If that was you or me we would have been done for common assault, but Stevie's got off with it so good luck to him, so let's move on. As for people being afraid of him next season, well the man was still standing after 3 punches, so I think not.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #73: Jul 25, 2009 01:46:44 am
      Well what a waste of Tax payers money that was always knew hed get away with it,ive a funny feeling the other lad may have to watch his back for a while.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #74: Jul 25, 2009 03:00:36 am
      Its a bigger crime mentioning Stevies name in the same sentance as that c**t Barton! ;)

strictly speaking it was'nt in the same sentence :P

i am not comparing Stevie to Joey Barton in terms of character. Gerrard comes across as a sound feller. Barton a scumbag. Fact is i don't know either personally but yeah, i know that if it was him in that witness stand we would all be banging on about what a tit he is.

Not that i think that what Gerrard done was wrong, he obviously felt he had good reason to do it. It should have never have gone to court, how many incidents like this do you see happen on a saturday night in town ?

Still, if it was me in that stand, i know for a fact that i would have been done for it. That's my point.

Anyway, like others have said, let's move on and concentrate on no. 19  !
      sudip172
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #75: Jul 25, 2009 04:59:31 am
      good news, now he can focus only on football
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #76: Jul 25, 2009 05:49:53 am
      In fact I was pretty confident that he would be cleared. I knew he thought about this matter long and hard and imagined everything, relived everything that he needed to before declaring his innocence. Good that despite whatever people critisized him with he stood in what he believed he did nothing wrong. He was only the odd one not to admit wrongdoing and I'm glad justice is right.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #77: Jul 25, 2009 05:59:24 am
      DJ is lucky Steven Gerrard was only celebrating the 5-1 win over Newcastle. I can't help but imagine he would have killed the DJ if he was celebrating the League title, ;D.

Well, glad Stevie is cleared now. Can concentrate on his football. Steven Gerrard is the type of person who would admit guilty if he has done wrong and vice versa.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #78: Jul 25, 2009 06:29:28 am
      Woooohooo!

Was never in doubt!!

Steve Gerrard Gerrard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #79: Jul 25, 2009 06:49:12 am
      .....He's big and he's f***ing hard
      He'll kick the ball from 40 yards
      Steve Gerard Gerrard

Whew .....I'm so glad this sh*t is finally OVER ! Now he can put that behind him and concentrate on Liverpool and the title ! Now onto the Alonso business .....
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #80: Jul 25, 2009 10:41:13 am
      Well done Stevy.
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #81: Jul 25, 2009 10:45:15 am
      Good on you Steve
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #82: Jul 25, 2009 11:04:59 am
      No doubt there will be people saying he should be treated the same as Joey Barton after all of this, I've heard a few say this already unfortunately. Gerrard is a model professional, and more of a role model than Barton could ever have been. There is a massive difference between Gerrard and Barton. Barton has repeatedly acted with violence so of course he would be treated differently.

Gerrard realises the mistakes from all of this. Even though he has been found not guilty, he is still deeply apologetic.

Made up Stevie. No doubt at all that you'd be found not guilty.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #83: Jul 25, 2009 11:29:09 am
      Pleased (and I'd say relieved) to here that verdict.

Now go and concentrate on your football Stevie and fire us to number 19.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #84: Jul 25, 2009 01:22:34 pm
      Just been reading the Daily Mail double page "report" of Steven Gerrards acquittal the first segment gives a jaundiced account of the days proceedings alongside a picture of Steven emerging from the court building snarling at the media circus. The second part of the article is a total character assassination of Steven and his family from the driving offence and stealing Biro's in his teens to his wife's association with a known criminal even before she met Steven.
                                                                                       The article then goes on to systematically attempt to discredit his co accused and the players friends from his Huyton birthplace who had no connection with the trial. The wording of the piece borders on libel and you get the feeling that the writer is treading a very fine litigation line. I only buy the rag once a week for the telly magazine there are some good articles in it if you ignore the blatant innuendo and Tory brainwash rubbish
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #85: Jul 25, 2009 01:44:24 pm
      Just been reading the Daily Mail double page "report" of Steven Gerrards acquittal the first segment gives a jaundiced account of the days proceedings alongside a picture of Steven emerging from the court building snarling at the media circus. The second part of the article is a total character assassination of Steven and his family from the driving offence and stealing Biro's in his teens to his wife's association with a known criminal even before she met Steven.
                                                                                       The article then goes on to systematically attempt to discredit his co accused and the players friends from his Huyton birthplace who had no connection with the trial. The wording of the piece borders on libel and you get the feeling that the writer is treading a very fine litigation line. I only buy the rag once a week for the telly magazine there are some good articles in it if you ignore the blatant innuendo and Tory brainwash rubbish

F***ing hate the daily mail. Such a negative source of media. Bet you felt a bit wound up reading it mate.
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #86: Jul 25, 2009 01:49:42 pm
      If he was Jailed i think he would of still played for liverpool it was a punch in the face Pennent was 6times over the drink limint and he was jaild he went on to play with a tag on his leg anyway it never came to that  thank god he let of and lets hope the only think he will be punching now is the air when he gets his hands on the prem and the fa cup this season
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,261 posts | 2857 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #87: Jul 25, 2009 02:17:19 pm
      F***ing hate the daily mail. Such a negative source of media. Bet you felt a bit wound up reading it mate.

Funny That, here is a quote from me about a month ago

I can Reveal that the Mail on Sunday, is a Middle of the Road, Tory loving, Nazi view pointed piece of sh*te.

"It's more of a toilet paper than a news Paper"
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #88: Jul 25, 2009 03:25:42 pm
      You know what mate its getting to the stage where its a case of being detached when you read sh*te like that but at the same time you got to read what the fuckers are up to so as to be prepared for whats coming next. On the sports section their footy pundit chips in with words to the effect that Gerrard is still under scrutiny by the media and his future behaviour is set to be carefully monitored - F***ing sh*te hawks of the first order.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2009 09:33:48 am by stuey »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #89: Jul 26, 2009 03:24:59 am
      F***ing great news this. Made my day.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #90: Jul 26, 2009 10:46:56 am
       I think Judge RAFA should sentence Stevie to 30 goals required in the league this season and 30 assists for Torres.At least Stevie will be able to concentrate on the football now.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #91: Jul 26, 2009 12:03:11 pm
      Always knew he was not guilty.  But reading some media before the verdict got me fearing for some sort of sentence.  But the next day the best news came.  Well done Stevie G.  Please win us the Prem and CL next seaon.

Quick Reply