Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Formula 1

Read 591065 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,672 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #2944: May 30, 2015 12:07:15 am
      You can't beat Sega Rally though.
      Spent the first year of College on that. :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2945: May 30, 2015 01:31:09 am

Never played it myself but it looked superb for it's time didn't it? Was a V Rally guy myself on the rallying front!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2946: May 30, 2015 02:24:51 am

Sega Rally, there's never been a racing game like it for me :D Spent so much time as a kid playing that game. Used to love it on my Sega Saturn.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #2947: May 30, 2015 11:01:19 am
      Never played it myself but it looked superb for it's time didn't it? Was a V Rally guy myself on the rallying front!

I loved V-Rally! I spent many a happy hour playing that game. It was so playable. Then later on, I played WRC on the PS2 which again was very playable.

However, as driving games go, my favourite was Outrun - the arcade version where you sat in a car with a steering wheel, pedals and gear shift.

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #2948: May 30, 2015 11:02:43 am

I never owned a Sega Saturn, but I did play Sega Rally in arcades. It looked fantastic when it came out and so did Daytona.

Sega were top dogs in those days for arcade games.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #2949: May 30, 2015 11:46:52 am

Awesome game.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2950: May 30, 2015 01:07:03 pm
      I loved V-Rally! I spent many a happy hour playing that game. It was so playable. Then later on, I played WRC on the PS2 which again was very playable.

However, as driving games go, my favourite was Outrun - the arcade version where you sat in a car with a steering wheel, pedals and gear shift.

Hahaha h2h Outrun brings back memories of my early teens, so funny looking back thinking that was the game to play. That and after burner

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #2951: May 30, 2015 03:18:57 pm
      Hahaha h2h Outrun brings back memories of my early teens, so funny looking back thinking that was the game to play. That and after burner

I remember Afterburner too.  :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,672 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2952: Jun 01, 2015 02:40:33 pm
      I never owned a Sega Saturn, but I did play Sega Rally in arcades. It looked fantastic when it came out and so did Daytona.

Sega were top dogs in those days for arcade games.

Sega Rally and Daytona.
      Where I honed the craft. :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2953: Jun 06, 2015 02:12:13 am

Reminds me of a certain (possibly unknown game) me and my brother owned on the Mega Drive - F22 Interceptor. Looks awful now but I was strangely addicted to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAHGjQMMsvk
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #2954: Jun 06, 2015 10:20:21 pm
      Montreal.

One of my favourite circuits and just settling down to watch a record of the qualifying.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2955: Jun 06, 2015 11:09:00 pm
      I find nothing more therapeutic in sport than watching the masters at work from an on board camera. Pecking the apex, brushing the wall amidst hundreds of little corrections on the steering wheel (it looks effortless off board) all within the fine limits of what racing at 200mph enforces. Who says F1 drivers don't deserve their money?! The Montreal is a wonderful track that showcases F1 drivers at their best!

The pole lap is below. Enjoy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33036385
      Bier
      Reply #2956: Jun 07, 2015 12:27:04 am
      What do you guys think of Max Verstappen thus far?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2957: Jun 07, 2015 12:35:21 am

I've been a massive F1 since I was 8/9 in the late 90s. More people can draw on longer memories but I've never seen anything like him. 17 years old is astounding and he has maturity beyond his years in race craft and racing mentality. Although as you may have heard he came in for criticism for his crash and his reaction to the crash in Monaco which showed his rawness. Maybe has to work on the humility side of things but that will come I'm sure*

I really like Carlos Sainz Jnr as well. He's a wonderful talent I think. I find that Toro Rosso team utterly fascinating at the moment.

* He came in for precise criticism from Massa for not accepting the blame for the incident - ironic considering the fact he's seemingly blamed everyone but himself for most incidents he's been involved in the past 13 years - can't actually remember him ever accepting fault. Perhaps he has (not remembered any though) but I think his whinger attitude goes before him.
      Bier
      Reply #2958: Jun 07, 2015 12:56:32 am
      Yeah, Max is very confident and probably arrogant. Dutch media mostly called Massa a hypocrite for the way he criticised Verstappen, because of his own past antics.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2959: Jun 07, 2015 01:15:13 am
      Yeah, Max is very confident and probably arrogant. Dutch media mostly called Massa a hypocrite for the way he criticised Verstappen, because of his own past antics.

I totally agree. Something that has seriously irked me about Massa.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2960: Jun 07, 2015 02:21:35 pm
      I wonder if Kimi Raikonnen can win the Canadian Grand Prix? The story that came out of practice was that Ferrari have strong race pace. Might need to jump one of the Mercedes at the start for it to happen though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #2961: Jun 07, 2015 02:25:10 pm
      I wonder if Kimi Raikonnen can win the Canadian Grand Prix? The story that came out of practice was that Ferrari have strong race pace. Might need to jump one of the Mercedes at the start for it to happen though.

I'd love to see Kimi win it FMS. Really looking forward to this one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2962: Jun 07, 2015 02:42:47 pm
      I'd love to see Kimi win it FMS. Really looking forward to this one.

Well if Raikonnen can even just sit there keeping them honest then any opportunity he will take. Who knows? Mercedes might play it conservatively especially the problems that blighted them last year with the failure of KERS which then started playing havoc on their rear breaks. No suggestion that it will happen again this time though but you can never be too sure.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119316

Would love to see Kimi win as well si but would also like Hamilton to win this one in return for his lost Monaco win two weeks ago (which, it turns out, was a decision Hamilton was complicit in - still with more data at their fingertips the Mercedes pitwall should have advised him better than to go with it so most of the blame lies with them I think). Thought it was an outstanding performance by Lewis to have found himself near 20 seconds up the road from Rosberg in Monaco of all places.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #2963: Jun 07, 2015 02:47:42 pm
      Well if Raikonnen can even just sit there keeping them honest then any opportunity he will take. Who knows? Mercedes might play it conservatively especially the problems that blighted them last year with the failure of KERS which then started playing havoc on their rear breaks. No suggestion that it will happen again this time though but you can never be too sure.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119316

Would love to see Kimi win as well si but would also like Hamilton to win this one in return for his lost Monaco win two weeks ago (which, it turns out, was a decision Hamilton was complicit in - still with more data at their fingertips the Mercedes pitwall should have advised him better than to go with it so most of the blame lies with them I think). Thought it was an outstanding performance by Lewis to have found himself near 20 seconds up the road from Rosberg in Monaco of all places.

I agreed with Eddie Jordan yesterday that the driver should be involved in a decision but ultimately the decision has to come from the pits.

DC though the driver should have the final call.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,672 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2964: Jun 07, 2015 10:51:46 pm

Loving Max, Sainz Jr & Nasr.

New Generation of drivers putting it up to some drivers that will probably have to move aside.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #2965: Jun 07, 2015 11:05:47 pm
      Loving Max, Sainz Jr & Nasr.

New Generation of drivers putting it up to some drivers that will probably have to move aside.

Agree.

It's been great to watch them come through.

I know he's a little more established but I'm really impressed with Bottas as well.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,672 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2966: Jun 08, 2015 10:51:47 am
      Agree.

It's been great to watch them come through.

I know he's a little more established but I'm really impressed with Bottas as well.

You'll have to join the queue on that one.
      Big fan of the ice cold Finns.

Quick Reply