Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Formula 1

Read 589421 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5451: Aug 01, 2021 09:18:27 pm

Sorry just can’t stand Hamilton 😂

Nooooooo.... Really? I'm shocked  :f_whistle:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 2134 
      Reply #5452: Aug 01, 2021 09:26:27 pm

Didn’t seem to mention it last week when he won 🤷‍♂️

I don't get why people only come on here to sneer at certain drivers.

I get the impression that the ones who like to bash Hamilton... don't actually watch f1 at all.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,507 posts | 2871 
      Reply #5453: Aug 01, 2021 09:27:22 pm
      Vettel disqualified so Hamilton up to 2nd.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5454: Aug 01, 2021 09:28:35 pm
      I don't get why people only come on here to sneer at certain drivers.

I get the impression that the ones who like to bash Hamilton... don't actually watch f1 at all.

We have a couple that do that on here. Spot them a mile away.  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5455: Aug 01, 2021 09:29:41 pm

That will upset a few Hammy haters  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #5456: Aug 01, 2021 09:32:13 pm

Just something about him - same with Schumacher though - great drivers just complete tw*ts 😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #5457: Aug 01, 2021 09:34:09 pm
      If you follow F1 you'll know he did. He's definitely got a touch of long covid which will suit you being a Hammy hater..  Can you not stick to FSG thread without also being negative on F1 which you clearly don't follow so just want to get bites out of us...

Calm yourself down pal - not sure why the need to mention the owners and I’m not negative on F1 - just one driver 🙄 sorry two - dont like Vettel as well
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5458: Aug 01, 2021 09:36:32 pm
      Calm yourself down pal - not sure why the need to mention the owners and I’m not negative on F1 - just one driver 🙄 sorry two - dont like Vettel as well

I'm calm as a cucumber, so 3 negatives then   :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #5459: Aug 01, 2021 09:36:56 pm

Why..? Not because of his support for the LGBT community by wearing a t shirt..?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5460: Aug 01, 2021 09:38:54 pm
      Why..? Not because of his support for the LGBT community by wearing a t shirt..?

He didn't have the required fuel level after the race. You must have least 1 litre of fuel in tank, he only had 300ml
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #5461: Aug 01, 2021 09:40:51 pm
      He didn't have the required fuel level after the race. You must have least 1 litre of fuel in tank, he only had 300ml

What..? That’s ridiculous…
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5462: Aug 01, 2021 09:44:55 pm

Didn’t seem to mention it last week when he won 🤷‍♂️

quote from Lewis

"The levels of fatigue that you get, it's different and it's a real challenge as I said.

"I'm continuing to try and train and prepare the best way I can. Who knows what it is today - maybe it's hydration, I don't know, but I've definitely not had that experience. I had something similar in Silverstone, but this was way worse."

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/12370234/hungarian-gp-lewis-hamilton-suffers-from-dizziness-fatigue-after-comeback-drive-to-third
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #5463: Aug 01, 2021 09:45:06 pm
      I'm calm as a cucumber, so 3 negatives then   :lmao:

Can I balance it with drivers that I like 🤷‍♂️

Webber , Alonso , Verstappen 😁
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #5464: Aug 01, 2021 09:46:34 pm
      quote from Lewis

"The levels of fatigue that you get, it's different and it's a real challenge as I said.

"I'm continuing to try and train and prepare the best way I can. Who knows what it is today - maybe it's hydration, I don't know, but I've definitely not had that experience. I had something similar in Silverstone, but this was way worse."

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/12370234/hungarian-gp-lewis-hamilton-suffers-from-dizziness-fatigue-after-comeback-drive-to-third

That’s from this week 🤷‍♂️ As I said I can’t remember him mentioning it the other week when he won at Silverstone
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5465: Aug 01, 2021 09:46:39 pm
      Can I balance it with drivers that I like 🤷‍♂️

Webber , Alonso , Verstappen 😁

Of course..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5466: Aug 01, 2021 09:50:25 pm

That’s from this week 🤷‍♂️ As I said I can’t remember him mentioning it the other week when he won at Silverstone

Also mentioned on F1 news 24 hours after Silverstone.. Stop looking for negatives again.

Can i put you on ignore for the F1 thread.   :f_tongueincheek:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #5467: Aug 01, 2021 10:59:46 pm

Maybe the adrenaline makes his symptoms after the race.. ?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 2134 
      Reply #5468: Aug 03, 2021 09:39:45 pm
      I hope to God the second half of the season continues in the same vein as the first half. Bar 2-3 races, the Grand Prix's have been outstanding entertainment filled with high drama. It's a long time since I enjoyed a season this much.

Really shaping up to be a classic. The last two races poses the big question to Verstappen and a challenge he has not yet had in his f1 career. How does he shape up mentally to the challenge in front of him? Great article from the Guardian below!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2021/aug/03/lewis-hamilton-composure-and-experience-gives-him-edge-max-verstappen-duel
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5469: Aug 04, 2021 10:26:26 am
      I hope to God the second half of the season continues in the same vein as the first half. Bar 2-3 races, the Grand Prix's have been outstanding entertainment filled with high drama. It's a long time since I enjoyed a season this much.

Really shaping up to be a classic. The last two races poses the big question to Verstappen and a challenge he has not yet had in his f1 career. How does he shape up mentally to the challenge in front of him? Great article from the Guardian below!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2021/aug/03/lewis-hamilton-composure-and-experience-gives-him-edge-max-verstappen-duel

I do question Verstappen mentally, don't know if thats because hes still working on that side with him being so young.. His driving ability not in question.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #5470: Aug 04, 2021 10:41:07 am
      I do question Verstappen mentally, don't know if thats because hes still working on that side with him being so young.. His driving ability not in question.

He believes you don’t need mental strength to win.. how wrong, When you are a challenger the winners always take you to the deep end and make you ask questions of yourself…

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5471: Aug 04, 2021 11:55:48 am
      He believes you don’t need mental strength to win.. how wrong, When you are a challenger the winners always take you to the deep end and make you ask questions of yourself…

Hamilton has proved year on year out mental strength is most definitely needed. How many times have we seen Hamilton ( when running in second place ) force drivers into making mistakes then taking the lead. We saw it yet against at weekend with Alonso. Granted took longer than normal but if Hamilton wasn't struggling with a bout of long covid I think the job would of been done a lot quicker.

No other current driver can do this at the moment. One driver ( that I se ) that may have the potential to do this in time is Lando.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #5472: Aug 04, 2021 08:48:04 pm
      Hamilton has proved year on year out mental strength is most definitely needed. How many times have we seen Hamilton ( when running in second place ) force drivers into making mistakes then taking the lead. We saw it yet against at weekend with Alonso. Granted took longer than normal but if Hamilton wasn't struggling with a bout of long covid I think the job would of been done a lot quicker.

No other current driver can do this at the moment. One driver ( that I se ) that may have the potential to do this in time is Lando.

Russell?  :f_tongueincheek:

I actually agree with you. Out of all the 'young guns', I believe Norris, and to a lesser extent Leclerc, could do this in the future.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 2134 
      Reply #5473: Aug 04, 2021 09:13:34 pm

So true. Verstappen saying he doesn't recognise the mental side of things is incredible. I don't doubt that he'll absolutely get it because he is one of the most extraordinary talents the sport has seen but if he is to get to the elite level that Schumacher, Hamilton, Senna, Prost and Alonso (thinking last 30 years) occupied then that mental challenge will come in place. Thing is, I think we can say that all 5 of the legends I've mentioned there had their moments where the pressure told. It manifested itself in many different ways but the pressure was there.

Having said that, I'm pretty confident that come the end of his career, Max will be right in amongst that lot.

Quick Reply