Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Formula 1

Read 588051 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #6532: Dec 14, 2021 08:03:02 pm
      Is Lewis Hamilton considering retirement? He seemed inconclusive about next year after the race end.

Can't see it happening to be honest. Yes, it's possible the thought crossed his mind, but that's just the raw emotions talking. He will not want it to end this way.
      It's just the media trying to stir the pot IMO.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #6533: Dec 14, 2021 08:08:32 pm
      Robbed.

Merc have till Thursday, that’s when the F1 Gala is an the WC announced…

I hope they take it all the way and expose the fraud of a Max win..
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #6534: Dec 14, 2021 08:44:14 pm
      The FIA have created the mother and father of all cock ups. Hamilton did win it on the track he was way ahead until Massi had a brain fart and put himself right in the middle of the result. You cant take it away from Max it would be straight into Court and rightly so but equally Masi should not have taken it away from Lewis.
      Surely Mercedes will not leave this as it is and i am sure even now talks are taking place but why would they enter the competition again knowing at any time Masi could decide how he want the result to be. Its really as bad a fix as I have ever seen in any sport and the next fix will be them trying to sort this mess out. If I were in Lewis's shoes he is the moral victor he has nothing to prove and is fabulously wealthy I would be looking to maybe have a season in the US and LE Mans to complete his CV
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,113 posts | 2131 
      Reply #6535: Dec 14, 2021 09:37:17 pm
      There's zilch chance of Max losing his title. But every chance to expose the inadequacy and incompetence of Masi and the FIA should be pursued. The stewards decision on the appeal that the race director has 'overriding authority' over the safety car is still unbelievable. If he has overriding authority then why on earth is there a rule book to follow with regards to the safety car?

Why was it that in previous races, such a rule book was referred to? Masi adhered by it and used it in a public defence of his decision in last year's Nurburgring GP when he said "There’s a requirement in the sporting regulations to wave all the lapped cars past". That was after complaints that the safety car was out too long - it was out too long because he 'needed to let all lapped cars unlap themselves'. So it was alright for him just over a year ago, A REQUIREMENT, to let all the lapped cars unlap themselves.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/michael-masi-contradicts-lapped-car-clarification/

Where's his public defence this time??!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6536: Dec 14, 2021 10:00:49 pm
      There's zilch chance of Max losing his title. But every chance to expose the inadequacy and incompetence of Masi and the FIA should be pursued. The stewards decision on the appeal that the race director has 'overriding authority' over the safety car is still unbelievable. If he has overriding authority then why on earth is there a rule book to follow with regards to the safety car?

Agreed on all parts sadly, unfortunately we march on with that bitter taste in our mouths, let’s hope if Hammy does stay he gets No 8 which he most certainly deserves.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #6537: Dec 14, 2021 10:10:40 pm
      Mercedes will probably end up dropping the appeal on the condition Masi loses his job which I think would be fair enough. The last few weeks have surely made his position untenable anyway.

As for Lewis, I'm sure he will be back for another crack at the record next year. Sucker punches like Sunday have a habit of motivating the very best to further success.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #6538: Dec 14, 2021 10:16:12 pm
      Mercedes will probably end up dropping the appeal on the condition Masi loses his job which I think would be fair enough. The last few weeks have surely made his position untenable anyway.

As for Lewis, I'm sure he will be back for another crack at the record next year. Sucker punches like Sunday have a habit of motivating the very best to further success.

again if the FIA sack Masi they will be accused of cowering to  MERC this man has completely fu**ed up F1 I dont see a good way out of all of this
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6539: Dec 15, 2021 12:08:21 pm

Why was it that in previous races, such a rule book was referred to? Masi adhered by it and used it in a public defence of his decision in last year's Nurburgring GP when he said "There’s a requirement in the sporting regulations to wave all the lapped cars past". That was after complaints that the safety car was out too long - it was out too long because he 'needed to let all lapped cars unlap themselves'. So it was alright for him just over a year ago, A REQUIREMENT, to let all the lapped cars unlap themselves.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/michael-masi-contradicts-lapped-car-clarification/

Where's his public defence this time??!

The regs say "any" not "all"
      and I believe that is where the FIA are laying their case on this one.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #6540: Dec 15, 2021 12:21:26 pm
      The regs say "any" not "all"
      and I believe that is where the FIA are laying their case on this one.

How many cars were behind Max that were left to be unlapped..? Surely they would then have a case of their finishing positions & cost..?

G.O.A.T got knighted..

Lewis Hamilton: Mercedes driver knighted by Prince Charles days after F1 heartbreak

https://twitter.com/tldrnewsuk/status/1471083609528446982?s=21
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2021 12:33:42 pm by Shabs »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #6541: Dec 15, 2021 12:54:35 pm
      How many cars were behind Max that were left to be unlapped..? Surely they would then have a case of their finishing positions & cost..?

G.O.A.T got knighted..

Lewis Hamilton: Mercedes driver knighted by Prince Charles days after F1 heartbreak

https://twitter.com/tldrnewsuk/status/1471083609528446982?s=21

Masi has declared previously ALL lapped Cars need to pass the safety Car.
      Now if they sack Masi  is that not a declaration of guilt
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #6542: Dec 15, 2021 01:00:48 pm
      Masi has declared previously ALL lapped Cars need to pass the safety Car.
      Now if they sack Masi  is that not a declaration of guilt

I’ll be honest Walt, I don’t think the powers wanted Lewis a 8 times champion...
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #6543: Dec 15, 2021 05:19:45 pm
      I’ll be honest Walt, I don’t think the powers wanted Lewis a 8 times champion...

is it cos I is a Brit
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #6544: Dec 15, 2021 06:10:30 pm
      Ross Brawn, Formula 1’s managing director of motorsports, has revealed they will stop team principals from being able to speak to the race director during Grands Prix next season.

Finally!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #6545: Dec 15, 2021 06:16:25 pm
      Just seen the Sky interview with Verstappen

Spoke with a lot of maturity about it all , with a lot of respect for Hamilton and also Hamiltons father.

Was a good interview
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #6546: Dec 15, 2021 06:39:06 pm

Spoke with a lot of maturity about it all , with a lot of respect for Hamilton and also Hamiltons father.

Was a good interview

To be honest, what happened was also unfair to Max, albeit to a lesser extent. Yes, he won the title, but that title will always come with an asterisk.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6547: Dec 15, 2021 07:09:16 pm
      To be honest, what happened was also unfair to Max, albeit to a lesser extent. Yes, he won the title, but that title will always come with an asterisk.

Very true, many will say ( including me ) he didn’t win it fair and square, Obviously not Max’s fault though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #6549: Dec 15, 2021 08:37:54 pm

Was a good interview

Easy to be respectful when you’ve won.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,113 posts | 2131 
      Reply #6550: Dec 15, 2021 08:39:28 pm
      https://twitter.com/fia/status/1471202098259841026?s=20

"The circumstances surrounding the use of the Safety Car following the incident of driver Nicholas Latifi, and the related communications between the FIA Race Direction team and the Formula 1 teams, have notably generated significant misunderstanding and reactions from Formula 1 teams, drivers and fans, an argument that is currently tarnishing the image of the Championship and the due celebration of the first Drivers' World Championship title won by Max Verstappen and the eighth consecutive Constructors' World Championship title won by Mercedes."

So basically the FIA have said you are all wrong and we are right...despite not actually showing where they are right. The response is more akin to that from a tinpot dictatorship. Stinking in it's arrogance.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #6551: Dec 15, 2021 08:46:50 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #6552: Dec 15, 2021 08:48:34 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,113 posts | 2131 
      Reply #6553: Dec 15, 2021 08:51:36 pm

Richard Hammond's let himself go a bit
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #6554: Dec 15, 2021 08:57:57 pm
      Easy to be respectful when you’ve won.

can you imagine him and Horner if it has gone the other way. This is the problem Masi has created and nobody has the solution

Quick Reply