Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Formula 1

Read 572081 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4071: Sep 17, 2017 12:57:33 pm
      Please Sir! More rain  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4072: Sep 17, 2017 01:01:03 pm
      How many will finish??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4073: Sep 17, 2017 01:02:46 pm
      Plenty of bumbs today!!
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4074: Sep 17, 2017 01:07:03 pm
      wet wet wet ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4075: Sep 17, 2017 01:08:03 pm
      Come on Hammy  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4076: Sep 17, 2017 01:11:44 pm
      Oh my GOD!!! Never seen a start like that. I think Vettel's the cause of that one - squeezing Max but gave no regard to the possibility that another car could be streaming up Max's inside - as Kimi was. Very poor by Seb and it's taken some big exciting names out including poor Fernando who was an innocent bystander.

Carnage of champions!

Edit: in all that madness I didn't know Fernando was still alive in this race! Was a hell of a clobber he took!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4077: Sep 17, 2017 01:26:12 pm
      Defo vettels fault. Let's hope Hammy can capitalise on it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4078: Sep 17, 2017 02:11:14 pm
      That 30 lap stint on the inters by Hamilton is one of the finest stints of racing/tyre management I have ever seen.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4079: Sep 17, 2017 02:18:06 pm
      race on now, go go go
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4080: Sep 17, 2017 02:48:54 pm
      That 30 lap stint on the inters by Hamilton is one of the finest stints of racing/tyre management I have ever seen.

In the wet no one can touch him, not even the great Senna could beat him in my opinion. Verstappen good in wets though. Ricciardo on fresher inters couldnt get near him
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4081: Sep 17, 2017 03:08:07 pm
       :clap: :clap: :champ: :champ: Hammer time again. Big moment this with Vettel getting no points. I love wet conditions coz he will always have a edge over his competitors.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4082: Sep 17, 2017 03:11:21 pm
      Sheer perfection. His best drive of the year in my opinion.

Really good drives throughout by so many drivers today who showed the track respect in tough conditions but Lewis was on another level today. Love watching him navigate these type of races.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4083: Sep 17, 2017 03:12:49 pm
      How low can Ferrari go tweeting Vanstappen at fault.  :f_steam:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4084: Sep 17, 2017 03:13:02 pm
      In the wet no one can touch him, not even the great Senna could beat him in my opinion. Verstappen good in wets though. Ricciardo on fresher inters couldnt get near him

Personally think it will he hard for anyone to top Schumacher's wet weather drive in Spain 96 (in a right dog of a Ferrari as well!) but no doubt Lewis is up there with Senna and Michael in wet conditions.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4085: Sep 17, 2017 03:16:03 pm
      Personally think it will he hard for anyone to top Schumacher's wet weather drive in Spain 96 (in a right dog of a Ferrari as well!) but no doubt Lewis is up there with Senna and Michael in wet conditions.

I remember it well frankly and it was a owesome drive. What a match it would be watching the two in wet conditions.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4086: Sep 17, 2017 03:22:53 pm
      Class from Lewis today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4087: Sep 17, 2017 03:25:59 pm
      How low can Ferrari go tweeting Vanstappen at fault.  :f_steam:

Heard Karun Chandhok say that on Channel 4. Ridiculous really.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4088: Sep 17, 2017 03:35:37 pm
      Keep forgetting how mortifying this is for Vettel and Ferrari. Narrative for the last two weeks was how this would be a stroll for them and damage limitation for Lewis. Only intensified after quali yesterday.

There are moments in a season where you think - that's the defining point ala Hamilton's engine blow in Malaysia last year. This season will have to go some to provide a more critical moment. Can't say it won't happen though! Still A LOT to race for.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4089: Sep 17, 2017 09:37:51 pm
      Did anyone catch Guy Martin's documentary on his Belgian GP weekend as a member of Williams's pitcrew?

Brilliant. Makes you respect the job those guys do a hundred times more. I'd love to follow a Grand Prix from their perspective.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4090: Sep 17, 2017 10:01:08 pm
      Did anyone catch Guy Martin's documentary on his Belgian GP weekend as a member of Williams's pitcrew?

Brilliant. Makes you respect the job those guys do a hundred times more. I'd love to follow a Grand Prix from their perspective.

Didn't see it mate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4091: Sep 17, 2017 10:40:18 pm
      Can't believe no repercussions for Vettel.  :f_steam:  He's steers violently to the left to block Vanstappen and nothing done about it. The team ( Ferrari ) then have the ordasity to blame Vanstappen who was sandwiched through no fault of his own.  :f_steam: I can only think reason why he didn't receive some type of penalty it would of all but sealed Hammy wining the Championship again.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4092: Sep 17, 2017 10:54:13 pm
      Can't believe no repercussions for Vettel.  :f_steam:  He's steers violently to the left to block Vanstappen and nothing done about it. The team ( Ferrari ) then have the ordasity to blame Vanstappen who was sandwiched through no fault of his own.  :f_steam: I can only think reason why he didn't receive some type of penalty it would of all but sealed Hammy wining the Championship again.

Perhaps that was the reasoning but I'm personally glad they didn't punish Seb and totally agree with it. In fairness to Seb I don't think he knew Kimi had made such a great start and was to the left of Max. And also I don't want to see drivers penalised for moving left or right because I think defence at the start is an important part of racing and if we were to scorn upon it then it would sanitise racing.

Never do I want to see the sport go back to the sort of summery punishments for non existant/minor misdemeanours that seemed to be a common part of the sport when Max Mosley was President of the FIA. I'll never forget the sheer fradulent way they took a perfectly legitimate win away from Lewis Hamilton at the 2008 Belgian GP.

But I totally agree with you regarding Ferrari's tweet - bang out of order and just false!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4093: Sep 28, 2017 10:49:57 pm
      It's the last ever Malaysian Grand Prix this weekend. I'm genuinely very sad about it! For me it holds an extra special place in my heart seeing that as a 10 year old kid getting up early on a Sunday morning, it was this race back in 2001 that helped turn me from a fan of f1 into a pure fanatic of the sport (and Michael Schumacher). So how fitting is it that F1 have decided to upload that monsoon extravaganza in it's entirety for everyone to enjoy. Murray Walker, V10s blasting, the stark yellow Benson and Hedges Jordan (!!) and more - perfect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr0JEltbQUg

p.s - happy birthday to the Flying Finn Mika Hakkinen! 49 today!
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2017 11:01:39 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »

Quick Reply