Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Formula 1

Read 572102 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4462: Jul 22, 2018 06:20:36 pm
      All race results are provisional, until all outstanding incidents are investigated and all cars that finish, are checked.

Not much of a race at Hockenheim until the rain showed up. All it took was one car to slide off the track for the safety car to come out. God knows how the race would have been disrupted by safety cars and red flags, if the shower during the race was any heavier.

Hamilton's win just shows that you can overtake at Hockenheim after all. It's not the Hungaroring.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4463: Jul 22, 2018 06:35:15 pm
      Don't be putting the shitters on me now Franky  ;D

Just a reprimand for Hamilton. Right decision given the context of previous similar incidents. Ridiculous that it should happen 3 hours after the race though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4464: Jul 27, 2018 02:59:08 pm
      Hammy going to have to be at his brilliant  best just to get a podium finish this weekend.  :(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4465: Jul 27, 2018 09:35:48 pm
      Force India have tonight gone into administration following a winding up petition served against them...by Sergio Perez.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4466: Jul 28, 2018 03:05:26 pm
      Hammy proving yet again in the wet conditions and not in the fastest car this weekend he's the ultimate driver in these conditions. #LEGEND.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4467: Jul 28, 2018 03:19:41 pm
      Merc Lockout just hope Hamilton gets a good start for a change
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4468: Jul 28, 2018 03:32:24 pm
      Force India have tonight gone into administration following a winding up petition served against them...by Sergio Perez.

What? He drives for them presently no?..

How the F**k does that work then?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4469: Jul 28, 2018 07:39:37 pm
      What? He drives for them presently no?..

How the f**k does that work then?

Turns out, according to Perez, there was another winding up petition being lodged against Force India and the team pushed Perez to force through his own one as it was the best chance of saving the team.

As for today, for a track where Mercedes weren't expected to win, that wet weather session came at the right time. Then again, with Lewis in the wet it always is the right time.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4470: Jul 29, 2018 01:50:25 pm
      Ideal situation if Lewis gets ahead and Bottas blocks the Ferrari's . even better if Max decides to challenge them both in the first corner
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4471: Jul 29, 2018 03:56:20 pm
      Ideal situation if Lewis gets ahead and Bottas blocks the Ferrari's . even better if Max decides to challenge them both in the first corner

Pretty much how it happened wasn't it. Mercedes wouldn't have banked on those two collisions from Bottas late on though.

Not a lot of action today but then again the Hungaroring isn't resplendent with overtaking opportunities. Has to be said, Hamilton has been 10/10 these past two weekends.

Spa in a few weeks then.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4472: Jul 29, 2018 04:32:56 pm
      when you spend £millions on these Cars but they cant follow the lead cars because they overheat and lose grip then something has gone wrong. They need to be able to sit up the exhaust of the driver in front and pressure them. Its becoming less and less of a race and more of a time trial these days
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4473: Jul 29, 2018 09:57:10 pm
      We'll that's what I call a Brucie Bonus weekend of points.  ;D From a possible best podium position imo to a controlled win its been a great 7 days for Hammy. Still think Mercs need improvements as the red car  ;D is still faster but certainly adds to the spice when they come back from the break.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4474: Jul 29, 2018 10:15:27 pm
      when you spend £millions on these Cars but they cant follow the lead cars because they overheat and lose grip then something has gone wrong. They need to be able to sit up the exhaust of the driver in front and pressure them. Its becoming less and less of a race and more of a time trial these days

I feel like we overreact way too much to uneventful races. Those complaining that 'f1 is dead' or 'f1 isn't what it used to be' seem  to have been phrases that have been bandied about for the last 20 years or so whenever a bad race happens, conveniently forgetting that the last two Grand Prixs at Silverstone and Hockenheim were absolutely world class events. For me, last week's German GP and April's Azerbaijan GP were two of the best races I've seen in the last 10 years.

Changing the cars doesn't work for me. The thing is they did that back in 2009 with an overhaul of the technical regulations, ridding these machines of all the little winglets and the overly fancy/complicated front wings so that cars could follow each other much more closely. And yet, despite the sheer dream that was Brawn GP and Button winning both titles, who could seriously stand up and say that the racing and the championship that year was better than the years 2007 and 2008? As well as that, the cars were slower which is always a shame. For me F1 is as much about the pursuit of speed as it is about 'entertainment'. I think it's terrible when they introduce new regulations to make the cars slower! When these cars are maxed out and we still get close racing then it is pure racing - perfection almost achieved in an imperfect sport.

I look at these cars and I love the aggressive, high downforce look and speed of them. They are beastly machines in comparison to the GP2 impersonators that infested the sport when the new engine regulations came into force (seriously just look at a pole lap time from 2014 and compare it to a 2018 pole lap time from the same circuit. It makes it far more dramatic and because of their much more physically demanding nature, far more rewarding when you see a driver to great things with it. On the technical front I'd say don't change a thing (even though they will be changed from next year). Yes - a few of this season's races, like today's have not been up to scratch but there have been plenty of brilliant ones that have excused the bad weekends. As a bonus, the championship is absolutely fascinating. Swinging one way and then the other. It may be in Hamilton's favour at the moment but if this season is anything to go by you can expect it to swing back in favour of Seb.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2018 10:19:41 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4475: Jul 29, 2018 10:29:20 pm
      if Vettel or Hamilton get to the first corner in front its virtually game over because the cars are not designed to follow closely. Also these tracks seem very tight for these cars and the element of racing is getting less and less and unless someone fucks up the first 4 positions are virtually secured.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4476: Aug 03, 2018 12:19:40 pm
      Ricciardo to leave Red Bull at the end of the season.

What do we think then?

McLaren?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4477: Aug 03, 2018 12:29:27 pm
      Ricciardo to leave Red Bull at the end of the season.

What do we think then?

McLaren?

Possible Merc..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4478: Aug 03, 2018 12:39:52 pm

I thought Valtteri had signed for another season?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4479: Aug 03, 2018 12:54:52 pm
      I thought Valtteri had signed for another season?

Yep...Riccardo to Renault..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4480: Aug 03, 2018 01:20:22 pm
      I'm very surprised, backward step surely??
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4481: Aug 03, 2018 01:30:11 pm
      Confirmed to Renault.
      Not sure it's a step forward but inevitable given Red Bull aren't top payers for drivers wages.
      He needed a move to a works team eventually, much like Vettel did with Ferrari.
      Pity there are no drives for him at the top 2 because his supreme talent deserved a tilt at the title.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4482: Aug 03, 2018 01:40:55 pm
      Confirmed to Renault.
      Not sure it's a step forward but inevitable given Red Bull aren't top payers for drivers wages.
      He needed a move to a works team eventually, much like Vettel did with Ferrari.
      Pity there are no drives for him at the top 2 because his supreme talent deserved a tilt at the title.

Can only hope Renault provide a car worthy of his talent.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4483: Aug 03, 2018 01:52:15 pm
      Having endured the problems of a Renault engine I cant imagine what he was thinking going to them to race. It can only be a huge pay day for him and good luck to him he seems a very decent lad and a great driver.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4484: Aug 03, 2018 02:53:03 pm
      Having endured the problems of a Renault engine I cant imagine what he was thinking going to them to race. It can only be a huge pay day for him and good luck to him he seems a very decent lad and a great driver.

All about the money I reckon. That and knowing Max more likely to get No 1 status in the future.

Quick Reply