Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Formula 1

Read 580479 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5129: Dec 29, 2020 06:57:09 am

Nice to have our annual reminder of why Abu Dhabi should be torpedoed out of existence

Will be walking round the track when my 8 day isolation period is over. If it's open will be racing round the track too  :holyshit: :holyshit:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5130: Dec 31, 2020 03:45:07 am
      Well done 

Arise Sir Lewis.

You earnt it .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5131: Dec 31, 2020 04:35:37 am
      Well done 

Arise Sir Lewis.

You earnt it .

He certainly did. Even though he was in the fastest car.  :f_whistle:  :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #5132: Dec 31, 2020 08:53:24 am
      He certainly did. Even though he was in the fastest car.  :f_whistle:  :lmao:

Bit like Fergie earning it with his huge transfer budget.. 😎
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5133: Dec 31, 2020 10:33:27 am
      Bit like Fergie earning it with his huge transfer budget.. 😎

Not sure the class of 92 will agree  :f_whistle:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5134: Dec 31, 2020 07:24:13 pm
      Keith

Fastest car.

Why have I  got I Love My AMG under my Avatar?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5135: Jan 01, 2021 04:36:06 am
      Keith

Fastest car.

Why have I  got I Love My AMG under my Avatar?

Mercedes-AMG  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5136: Jan 01, 2021 10:04:17 am

It was my little treat ... for Me Time .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5137: Jan 01, 2021 11:47:32 am
      It was my little treat ... for Me Time .

:lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #5138: Feb 05, 2021 10:59:51 pm
      Domenicali has taken over as CEO, and the first thing he did was scrap the 10-15 minute past the hour race starts. Now they'll start at the top of the hour as they did before Carey tore it all up to schedule them for the American TV market, and if anyone misses "the unique build up" to a race, that's their loss.

On the schedule for the coming year, 2 of the long haul races have already been postponed because of virus restrictions. So I expect more of them to fall over the coming months, and we'll end up with a European race dominated calendar again. But the nature of street tracks such as Monaco and Azerbaijan could also fall again this year.

I'll never understand the logic how there is just 5 days rest between Canada and Azerbaijan, but 9 months separating the race in Bahrain from the race in UAE.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5139: Feb 08, 2021 11:25:27 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #5140: Feb 08, 2021 12:52:24 pm

Would love him to give the red cars a go before he retired though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5141: Feb 08, 2021 01:08:04 pm
      Would love him to give the red cars a go before he retired though.

I think he wants that No 8 more than anything, if that happens next year we could well see him retiring.  :(  The intriguing thing about it only being the one year  sends goosebumps down my arm.  :lmao:

Something going on for sure.  :roll: In my mind I'm 100% convinced George Russell with be a Merc driver. Who will be the other?  With so many significant changes for 2022 season could well be another reason why Hammy hangs his wheels up.

If the red car can do something between now (( improve )) and the end of the new season I do think there's glimmer of hope Hammy might try another year or two. If I can find a bookmaker that's taking bets for George at Mercs...... I'm on it.  :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #5142: Feb 08, 2021 01:17:41 pm
      I think he wants that No 8 more than anything, if that happens next year we could well see him retiring.  :(  The intriguing thing about it only being the one year  sends goosebumps down my arm.  :lmao:

Something going on for sure.  :roll: In my mind I'm 100% convinced George Russell with be a Merc driver. Who will be the other?  With so many significant changes for 2022 season could well be another reason why Hammy hangs his wheels up.

If the red car can do something between now (( improve )) and the end of the new season I do think there's glimmer of hope Hammy might try another year or two. If I can find a bookmaker that's taking bets for George at Mercs...... I'm on it.  :D

How about this for Merc 2022.

George Russell and.... Max Verstappen??! Seems unlikely given that Red Bull have promised him heaven and earth in 2022 with the new rule changes but stranger things have happened. One also has to look at Mercedes long term commitment to the sport - I don't think it's a given, especially in a post Lewis era.

As Si said, would dearly love to see Lewis at Ferrari. What a sight that would be. Unlikely but we can dream (I suspect, like you, he may be eyeing this year as his last.)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5143: Feb 08, 2021 01:27:00 pm
      How about this for Merc 2022.

George Russell and.... Max Verstappen???? Seems unlikely given that Red Bull have promised him heaven and earth in 2022 with the new rule changes but stranger things have happened. One also has to look at Mercedes long term commitment to the sport - I don't think it's a given, especially in a post Lewis era.

As Si said, would dearly love to see Lewis at Ferrari. What a sight that would be. Unlikely but we can dream (I suspect, like you, he may be eyeing this year as his last.)

I too like you & Si would like to see him ride in the red car. However, if it doesn't improve this year I can't see him going unless they find something that will make it competitive like was the case when  Mercs knew and got Hammy on board.

The fact the cars allegedly will be more competitive for 2022 will probably mean Verstappen will stay with red bull. I simply can't wait.  ;D I want to know now.  :lmao:

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #5144: Feb 08, 2021 08:29:23 pm
      I too like you & Si would like to see him ride in the red car. However, if it doesn't improve this year I can't see him going unless they find something that will make it competitive like was the case when  Mercs knew and got Hammy on board.

The fact the cars allegedly will be more competitive for 2022 will probably mean Verstappen will stay with red bull. I simply can't wait.  ;D I want to know now.  :lmao:

In a fantasy world where I could play God, I'd get Lewis over to Williams to help revive a once great motor racing institution with Ross Brawn as Team Principal!

Back to the real world, what does everyone think of McLaren's prospects in the coming years, specifically 2022 onwards? Got a great talent in Lando coming on strongly and have hired Ricciardo. Can they find a way back to the top step of the podium? Bear in mind, Brazil 2012 was the last time one of their cars was victorious.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5145: Feb 08, 2021 08:35:27 pm
      In a fantasy world where I could play God, I'd get Lewis over to Williams to help revive a once great motor racing institution with Ross Brawn as Team Principal!

Back to the real world, what does everyone think of McLaren's prospects in the coming years, specifically 2022 onwards? Got a great talent in Lando coming on strongly and have hired Ricciardo. Can they find a way back to the top step of the podium? Bear in mind, Brazil 2012 was the last time one of their cars was victorious.

I do believe if there's any truth in the cars being more competitive in 2022  McLaren can get podiums with Lando. I actually think he's a better driver than Russell but just not been given the chance yet to prove himself properly.

Already looking forward to 2022 yet not got 2021 out of the way yet.  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #5146: Feb 09, 2021 05:27:25 pm
      I do believe if there's any truth in the cars being more competitive in 2022  McLaren can get podiums with Lando. I actually think he's a better driver than Russell but just not been given the chance yet to prove himself properly.

Already looking forward to 2022 yet not got 2021 out of the way yet.  :lmao:

I'm with you on that one as well Keith regarding Lando over George. When they were both battling in F3 back in 2017 Lando looked like the star. I think George might have the edge over one lap but in a Grand Prix I think Lando's got a consistency there that gives him the edge. Russell has made a few errors from some good positions when it looked like he'd score points for Williams last season. But of course, I don't doubt he'll brush up on those in no time.

It'll be fascinating to see how he compares up against Ricciardo. He did brilliantly against the phenomenal Sainz the last couple of years and with another season on his belt he can only get better.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #5147: Feb 09, 2021 08:06:36 pm
      Lando and Ricciardo will be very exciting this season. Looking forward to that pairing.

Agree with you guys on Lewis, I can't see him going to Ferrari but always have that slight hope that he would like to drive for then before he retires and that if he won the title this season that he could go there knowing he'd have nothing to lose.

Don't see it happening though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #5148: Feb 10, 2021 02:46:45 pm
      https://twitter.com/F1/status/1359509833972658183?s=20

Well meaning and good intentions but it sits somewhat uncomfortably with the fact that F1 is continuing it's indulgence of regimes that are the very opposite of these values. (in a year that is also introducing the Saudi Arabian GP)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #5149: Feb 10, 2021 06:51:33 pm
      https://twitter.com/F1/status/1359509833972658183?s=20

Well meaning and good intentions but it sits somewhat uncomfortably with the fact that F1 is continuing it's indulgence of regimes that are the very opposite of these values. (in a year that is also introducing the Saudi Arabian GP)

No fan of the Saudi butcher but which country that host F1 races has an exemplary human rights record..? None.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #5150: Mar 13, 2021 06:30:18 pm
      Unless I'm very much mistaken, Murray Walker has left the grid.

He was always in Pole Position during his career, as people across the world tuned into his commentaries at every race track across the globe. So expect a track of tributes to him over the next season, across the world.
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2021 06:51:22 pm by lfc across the water »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #5151: Mar 13, 2021 07:24:33 pm
      Unless I'm very much mistaken, Murray Walker has left the grid.

He was always in Pole Position during his career, as people across the world tuned into his commentaries at every race track across the globe. So expect a track of tributes to him over the next season, across the world.

Legend is a word sometimes over used but not where Murray is concerned.

A true giant of sport.

Quick Reply