Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Formula 1

Read 580513 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5244: May 09, 2021 03:18:43 pm
      Wow Bottas - holding up your teammate on a charge for the win when he's got jack sh*t chance of winning himself. Criminal, stupid stuff. If I was Toto Wolff I'd drag him over the hot coals for that one. Bet he wants to tear up his contract right now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #5245: May 09, 2021 03:32:28 pm
      Great job Hamilton!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5246: May 09, 2021 04:12:33 pm
      Oh wow - Lewis tearing up the strategy and pits! This is going to be a rapid chase job now for Lewis!

You can never rule out the greatest F1 driver of all time.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5247: May 09, 2021 04:13:34 pm
      Wow Bottas - holding up your teammate on a charge for the win when he's got jack sh*t chance of winning himself. Criminal, stupid stuff. If I was Toto Wolff I'd drag him over the hot coals for that one. Bet he wants to tear up his contract right now.

Was calling Bottas a tw@t when this was happening  :f_steam:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #5248: May 09, 2021 05:15:45 pm
      You can never rule out the greatest F1 driver of all time.  ;D

Never in a million years.

Bottas ending up nearly half a minute behind him as well...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #5249: May 09, 2021 05:42:21 pm
      Only driver I know to slightly get under Hamilton’s skin was Rosberg..& in the end Rosberg could deal with the mental pressure of keeping up with Lewis..

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5250: May 10, 2021 11:08:26 am
      Never in a million years.

Bottas ending up nearly half a minute behind him as well...

After the engineer told Bottas "Stay with Hamilton and you can catch Max".

Left in the dust.

Great race from Hamilton/Mercedes.
      Strategy is already costing Verstappen/Mercedes this Championship.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #5251: May 10, 2021 12:38:27 pm
      After the engineer told Bottas "Stay with Hamilton and you can catch Max".

Left in the dust.

Great race from Hamilton/Mercedes.
      Strategy is already costing Verstappen/Mercedes this Championship.

Racer, I think when it comes to it Verstappen bottles it...give Lewis that Redbull & he wins..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5252: May 10, 2021 01:08:45 pm
      Racer, I think when it comes to it Verstappen bottles it...give Lewis that Redbull & he wins..

Not sure he bottles it Shabs but do agree Hammy wins in the Red Bull.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5253: May 10, 2021 01:13:08 pm

I wouldn't fully agree with that.
      Hamilton trusts his team to make the right calls at the critical moment. (Which they did again yesterday)
      Verstappen doesn't, and we can here it when he questions them, which then costs in vital moments.
      Red Bull have cost Verstappen twice this year already, and he has cost himself.

There's a reason why Hamilton and Mercedes won so much.
      Ferrari couldn't make it count when they had the better car at the start of 2019.
      Red Bull could find themselves in the same situation.

Sure, Verstappen has work to do, especially as I think he gets hot headed too easily,
      but so too do the team.

At least we're talking about Mercedes v Red Bull though. Finally.
      And that's not even gettting into Red Bull poaching Mercedes engine personell for when they take over the Honda engines.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #5254: May 13, 2021 01:41:49 pm
      Verstappen has won the race to the first corner on the first lap in 4 of the last 5 races. His mentality is why he has his own fanclub at races. They want to see drivers prepared to get their elbows out, rather than risk averse drivers more concerned about safety than success.

It's said that the drivers are the best in the world. But it's hard to say that about Mazepin, who seems to be down there with Ricardo Rosset Luca Badoer and Sergey Sorotkin as the worst drivers the sport has ever seen. While with 17 races to go, Bottas is already been told to move aside for his teammate in the Merc. Must be soul destroying this early.

Hamilton has won the last 5 Spanish races, so he was expected to win there and he did. Monaco and Baku should suit the Red Bull more than Portugal and Spain.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5255: May 13, 2021 02:03:08 pm
      Verstappen has won the race to the first corner on the first lap in 4 of the last 5 races. His mentality is why he has his own fanclub at races. They want to see drivers prepared to get their elbows out, rather than risk averse drivers more concerned about safety than success.

It's said that the drivers are the best in the world. But it's hard to say that about Mazepin, who seems to be down there with Ricardo Rosset Luca Badoer and Sergey Sorotkin as the worst drivers the sport has ever seen. While with 17 races to go, Bottas is already been told to move aside for his teammate in the Merc. Must be soul destroying this early.

Hamilton has won the last 5 Spanish races, so he was expected to win there and he did. Monaco and Baku should suit the Red Bull more than Portugal and Spain.

You've stated in the passed Hamilton has the best car and that's why he always wins and never give him credit. Yet Bottas who drives same car can't match his feats. So far this yeah Red Bull is the fastest car yet Hamilton won two out of the first 3 and second in the other.

I guess he's just lucky aye. The VAR decisions went his way I guess  :f_whistle:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5256: May 13, 2021 03:57:23 pm

Unfortunately there have always been pay drivers in F1.
      If the cost cap rules can do anything hopefully it will give the smaller teams more security,
      but Racing Point, and now HAAS, have shown that teams ultimately will take the money to stay in business.

A new level of driver familty wealth where parents are taking ownership of F1 teams.
      It doesn't look great for HAAS either. I can't see them staying in the sport in their current guise.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #5257: May 21, 2021 10:59:16 am
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      You've stated in the passed Hamilton has the best car and that's why he always wins and never give him credit. Yet Bottas who drives same car can't match his feats. So far this yeah Red Bull is the fastest car yet Hamilton won two out of the first 3 and second in the other.

Bottas is slow. So slow that Russell literally ran rings round him in Bahrain last year, in the same car. One race in the car is all he needed. The team had to call him in for 2 extra pit stops in the race just to make sure Bottas finished ahead of him. On the day, they said Russell had puncture/tyre issues, but we never saw any evidence of either.

Mercedes still have the best car. Add in circuits that suit them better than Red Bull, and they're still going to win on them. Well Hamilton is anyway. He got his 100 poles in Spain. If he waited until Monaco, he could have made another few quid, just on the back of it alone.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #5258: May 23, 2021 03:19:03 pm
      Monaco...

What a F***ing boring race...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #5259: May 23, 2021 04:59:50 pm
      Lewis and Mercedes in a bizarre off key weekend.

Still delighted for Sainz and Norris. And Vettel - he was superb today.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5260: May 23, 2021 06:11:04 pm
      Monaco...

What a f**king boring race...

It was that, always said with Monaco the race is basically on Saturday in qualifying. Needs a re-vamp if that at all possible so you can have some overtaking moves.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5261: May 23, 2021 06:12:28 pm
      Lewis and Mercedes in a bizarre off key weekend.

Still delighted for Sainz and Norris. And Vettel - he was superb today.

I was surprised Norris signed a new contract, think I would of been tempted just to hang on and see what happens at the end of the season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #5262: May 23, 2021 06:19:21 pm
      It was that, always said with Monaco the race is basically on Saturday in qualifying. Needs a re-vamp if that at all possible so you can have some overtaking moves.

Needs scrapping to be honest unless they can put in overtaking places..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #5263: May 23, 2021 07:30:51 pm

I still love the place and while it has always been an awkward track for racing but in it's current formula it's even more unsuitable given just how wide and massive the cars are. Make the cars skinnier again and easier to follow and then we may see some racing again around those streets. Heck, I remember just 15 years ago, Schumacher storming from the pitlane (after that infamous incident at Rascasse in qualifying!) to finish in 5th place!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5264: May 23, 2021 09:16:28 pm

I wouldn't mind but just couldn't see it happening.,
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #5265: May 23, 2021 10:43:28 pm
      I was surprised Norris signed a new contract, think I would of been tempted just to hang on and see what happens at the end of the season.

Perhaps it suggests that there's little chance of a move elsewhere. If so, that's somewhat criminal. Personally, I'd be moving heaven and earth to get him at Mercedes once Bottas leaves. Either way, he continues to do something great this year. A handful of races in and he's the driver of the season so far for me. The podium was something else today but it's all the more stark given the performance of Ricciardo this weekend. It must have been hard for Daniel getting lapped.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5266: May 25, 2021 08:12:57 pm

Quick Reply