Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Formula 1

Read 577410 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5727: Oct 24, 2021 10:09:55 pm
      It's so annoying as it's happened once to often. Easy to say after the race but why didn't Mercs come straight in after max. Basically if he does same as Max the undercut wouldn't of happened. In a two horse race when in front surly it makes sense ( if in front ) to pit the following lap?

I think it was already too late. There was a graphic shown on the screen right after Max pitted and Lewis was predicted to come out 0.4s behind.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5728: Oct 24, 2021 10:18:33 pm
      I think it was already too late. There was a graphic shown on the screen right after Max pitted and Lewis was predicted to come out 0.4s behind.

Yeah but Hammy was taking it that bit easier on the tyres coz they knew they were going longer. When he took the lead going into the first bend if he'd of taken full advantage then I think he would of been a few seconds in front. All in hindsight  sight of course.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5729: Oct 25, 2021 01:09:24 pm
      Mercedes strength has been the support of Lewis and making the right decisions but they were making them whilst not under any particular strength. Now Red Bull have a fast Car and make good decisions on race Day Lewis has his work cut out. On the bright side Virgil is happy.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #5730: Oct 25, 2021 10:21:30 pm
      Unfortunately not but I'm sure it'll pop up on twitter any moment. Brundle asked her for an 'f1 rap'.  :lmao:

She did not oblige.

https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/1452344067233361928

Love the 'I can do that cos I did' at the end there :lmao:

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Reply #5731: Oct 25, 2021 11:10:39 pm

That was fantastic. Brundle sassing that foppish frat boy c**t has got to be up there with his beat grid walk moments.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5732: Nov 06, 2021 06:02:55 pm
      I'm not looking forward to this weekend. Red Bull is the clear favourite, and it could be a decisive blow in the championship race.
      It will, however, be interesting to see what RB decides to do with their team orders. The situation probably won't arise, but would RB dare asking Checo to step aside and give up a home win?

By the way, am I the only one thinking grid penalties have been an absolute joke this year? Either change the system or increase the power units allocation, because this doesn't work.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5733: Nov 06, 2021 06:21:14 pm
      I'm not looking forward to this weekend. Red Bull is the clear favourite, and it could be a decisive blow in the championship race.
      It will, however, be interesting to see what RB decides to do with their team orders. The situation probably won't arise, but would RB dare asking Checo to step aside and give up a home win?

By the way, am I the only one thinking grid penalties have been an absolute joke this year? Either change the system or increase the power units allocation, because this doesn't work.

Mercs definitely on back foot and it will also suit the track for Red Bull too.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Reply #5734: Nov 06, 2021 07:31:45 pm

They'd be crazy not to. But I don't see it coming to that. Max will comfortably beat Sergio this weekend and the whole field. For me, it will be the decisive blow.

Mercedes have become conservative in strategy and setup in a period of the season where that just won't do. Did they really need to compromise the car setup between Friday and Saturday so much in Austin for fear of the car breaking on the bumpy surface? Even by that point, you could say the time for playing it safe is well and truly over. They've been found wanting.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Reply #5735: Nov 06, 2021 09:27:51 pm
      My oh my. Did NOT expect that result! A Merc 1/2 for tomorrow! Stunning rabbit out of the hat!  :D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5736: Nov 06, 2021 09:29:01 pm
      Well, that was unexpected...  :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5737: Nov 06, 2021 09:43:52 pm
      Mercedes must have been playing games these past few days because they were really hot in the final session.
      Good afternoon to watch TV tomorrow first the Mighty Reds then the GP
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5738: Nov 06, 2021 10:22:50 pm
      My oh my. Did NOT expect that result! A Merc 1/2 for tomorrow! Stunning rabbit out of the hat!  :D

Well, that was unexpected...  :)

Think we're all pleasently surprised with that  ;D With Hammy on the dirty side of the track the start going to be really interesting with Max on the clean side.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5739: Nov 07, 2021 09:18:15 am
      Be nice if Bottas accidents clips Verstappen on the first corner.. 😂

Hoping Lewis takes the lead & Bottas slows the pack down.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2021 01:09:47 pm by Shabs »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5740: Nov 07, 2021 11:00:25 am
      Be nice if Bottas accidents clips Verstappen on the first corner.. 😂

You get a + if your right  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #5741: Nov 07, 2021 01:59:55 pm
      Quote from PTU

If it was my decision, I would be demanding extra engines rather than just the 3 allocated per season. It's a trade off for more races and now sprint races to go with them. Expecting teams to do 26 races on 3 engines is crazy.

There will of course be more sprint races next year. The traditionalists don't want the sprint to count towards qualifying, but the reality is, it has to. The only way to form the grid for the sprint has to be through qualifying, and so the sprint has to form the grid for the race. People say it ruins qualifying, but if we're honest, qualifying is only really exciting in the one lap shootout, after the flag drops. And if there's any yellow flags about, it's a waste of time.

If Verstappen wins the next two races, he will almost be over the line. There is zero chance of Perez refusing to obey team orders if the need arises. It's not a Mexican championship, it's a World Championship, and Verstappen has earned the right to be prioritised, by his results over the entire season.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5742: Nov 07, 2021 03:57:36 pm
      If it was my decision, I would be demanding extra engines rather than just the 3 allocated per season. It's a trade off for more races and now sprint races to go with them. Expecting teams to do 26 races on 3 engines is crazy.

There will of course be more sprint races next year.

Good shout regarding sprint races, I hadn't even considered those. That's an additional 6 to 8 'semi-races' next season, added to the 23 full races. On 3 engines... How can that work?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Reply #5743: Nov 07, 2021 06:55:47 pm
      I wonder if Alonso is going to make yet another tiresome 'point' about the stewards by finding his own route around the circuit at the start of the GP.

Getting kind of tired of his constant snipes this season. Can only put that down to the fact that Ocon is regularly matching and beating him on pace these days. The guy is simply incapable of focusing on himself when things get tricky and proceeds to bring up controversy. As a driver he's in the very elite category, but his personality means he can never occupy a serious debate about the greatest driver of the last 20 years, let alone f1 history entire

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5744: Nov 07, 2021 07:01:20 pm
      I wonder if Alonso is going to make yet another tiresome 'point' about the stewards by finding his own route around the circuit at the start of the GP.

Getting kind of tired of his constant snipes this season. Can only put that down to the fact that Ocon is regularly matching and beating him on pace these days. The guy is simply incapable of focusing on himself when things get tricky and proceeds to bring up controversy. As a driver he's in the very elite category, but his personality means he can never occupy a serious debate about the greatest driver of the last 20 years, let alone f1 history entire

I think it’s frustration of being in yet another team that isn’t capable of competing for the title and deflects that towards a way of looking for outside reasons.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5745: Nov 07, 2021 07:05:49 pm
      I think it’s frustration of being in yet another team that isn’t capable of competing for the title and deflects that towards a way of looking for outside reasons.

He's never taken his dummy out since he came back
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Reply #5746: Nov 07, 2021 07:06:41 pm
      Yep - as expected Bottas about as useful as a marshmallow dildo at that start.

F**k him
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5747: Nov 07, 2021 07:07:59 pm

F**k him

;D To be fair not sure it was his fault but he was slow off the start
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5748: Nov 07, 2021 07:08:32 pm

F**k him

He very clearly didn't play the team game. Completely opened the door for Verstappen.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Reply #5749: Nov 07, 2021 07:09:35 pm
      He very clearly didn't play the team game. Completely opened the door for Verstappen.

Should have done what Max or Lewis would  have done and squeezed out on to the left of the track.

Just sitting in the middle of the track like a moron.

Quick Reply