Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Formula 1

Read 577442 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5750: Nov 07, 2021 07:09:47 pm
      ;D To be fair not sure it was his fault but he was slow off the start

100% his fault. Just needed to hug the grass on the left. Hamilton would have blocked his right. Verstappen would have been forced to slow down.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5751: Nov 07, 2021 07:10:07 pm
      Why the F**k Would you allow Verstappen that much room On the outside & then try to race your teammate who is challenging for the championship..?

Bottas, won’t be missed at Merc.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5752: Nov 07, 2021 07:10:40 pm
      100% his fault. Just needed to hug the grass on the left. Hamilton would have blocked his right. Verstappen would have been forced to slow down.

Was referring to who went up his Arse
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5753: Nov 07, 2021 07:21:27 pm
      Was referring to who went up his Arse

My mistake. Then yes, he couldn't do much about it.  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5754: Nov 07, 2021 07:24:42 pm
      My mistake. Then yes, he couldn't do much about it.  ;)

I do agree he could of moved wide to stop Max from assign but then when has bottas done Hammy any favours
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5755: Nov 07, 2021 07:37:25 pm
      This is going to be a long race...
      And we pretty much know what's going to happen. Max will win, and Mercedes will mess up their strategy and let Checo finish second.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2103 
      Reply #5756: Nov 07, 2021 07:45:31 pm
      This is going to be a long race...
      And we pretty much know what's going to happen. Max will win, and Mercedes will mess up their strategy and let Checo finish second.

It's a bit dire. Needs a blow out from someone, somewhere
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5757: Nov 07, 2021 07:52:32 pm
      It's a bit dire. Needs a blow out from someone, somewhere

Verstappen, for example? But I'm not picky...  :roll:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5758: Nov 07, 2021 07:53:59 pm
      Verstappen, for example? But I'm not picky...  :roll:

Ditto  :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #5759: Nov 07, 2021 08:39:32 pm
      Not getting to see this one but you lads really aren't Max fans.

I love him personally and hope he goes on to win the title this season
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2021 08:58:44 pm by srslfc »
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5760: Nov 07, 2021 08:40:51 pm
      Gasly's flying a bit under the radar, but he's really impressive this weekend (and this season).

Verstappen not playing fair with Bottas. Typical.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5761: Nov 07, 2021 08:43:36 pm

I love him personally and hoyle he goes on to win the title this season

Personally, I don't really like Hamilton, but I absolutely cannot stand Verstappen and Red Bull, so it's a bit of a 'lesser of two evils' situation for me.  ;D

To be fair, Max probably deserves the title this season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #5762: Nov 07, 2021 08:45:21 pm
      Personally, I don't really like Hamilton, but I absolutely cannot stand Verstappen and Red Bull, so it's a bit of a 'lesser of two evils' situation for me.  ;D

To be fair, Max probably deserves the title this season.

I'm not a huge Redbull fan either but Max is a huge talent and that will to win, almost at all costs, we've seen in pretty much every great driver in F1.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5763: Nov 07, 2021 08:49:18 pm
      Way Perez is celebrating one would think he won the race.. 😂 bit John Terry for me..

Tough gig for Lewis fighting 2 Redbull drivers..

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5764: Nov 07, 2021 08:55:42 pm

I love him personally and hoyle he goes on to win the title this season

We support the English  drivers Si  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5765: Nov 07, 2021 08:58:22 pm
      I'm not a huge Redbull fan either but Max is a huge talent and that will to win, almost at all costs, we've seen in pretty much every great driver in F1.

His talent not in question and deserves a title, it's his boss who gets on our nerves.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5766: Nov 07, 2021 09:01:41 pm
      cant stand that Spice girls plaything. Bottas seems surprised to find other cars on the track with him he never defends and cant over take he should have been a foil for Lewis as Checko was  but Lewis was left all alone. Cant see how Merc can claw this back now
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5767: Nov 07, 2021 09:05:38 pm

Undoubtedly. Lewis and Max are definitely in a league of their own at the moment.

Max's desire to win at all costs is something we saw in Schumacher and Senna. Two drivers I wasn't particularly fond of either.  :)
      I always preferred drivers that didn't feel the need to go over the limit. But I completely understand the appeal. Their attitude did/do make races exciting. At the end of the day, it's what we want.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2103 
      Reply #5768: Nov 07, 2021 09:22:09 pm

I love him personally and hope he goes on to win the title this season

Definitely a Lewis fan myself but that's all to do with just loving him ever since he kicked off his f1 career in Melbourne 2007. It's been a long journey with him.

That said, I don't dislike Max. I think he's astonishing - I've never seen anything like it with him and I love that hard, determined will to win that he has. It doesn't bother me too much if he goes overboard though in the heat of the moment I'll fume if it is against Lewis! It's always great to have a driver who does that - I loved Michael Schumacher for that reason. Even if it was flawed, it spoke of a fascinating mentality. Max has that. His speed, aggression reminds me so much of Michael.

One thing I'm most amazed by Max at the moment is mentality. He seems bullet proof. I just don't think he'll crack or wobble under pressure. I genuinely believe him when he says that if he doesn't win it this year then it's no big deal. I'm not even sure that Max feels the pressure to perform for his colleagues in the way that Michael felt he had to as well.

One thing's for sure - if/when Max wins it this year it will be fully deserved. He has been the better driver out of the two for much of the year, less mistakes and more focused as well I think. It'd be a monumental achievement if he can take it away from Lewis.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5769: Nov 07, 2021 09:38:48 pm
      Definitely a Lewis fan myself but that's all to do with just loving him ever since he kicked off his f1 career in Melbourne 2007. It's been a long journey with him.

That said, I don't dislike Max. I think he's astonishing - I've never seen anything like it with him and I love that hard, determined will to win that he has. It doesn't bother me too much if he goes overboard though in the heat of the moment I'll fume if it is against Lewis! It's always great to have a driver who does that - I loved Michael Schumacher for that reason. Even if it was flawed, it spoke of a fascinating mentality. Max has that. His speed, aggression reminds me so much of Michael.

One thing I'm most amazed by Max at the moment is mentality. He seems bullet proof. I just don't think he'll crack or wobble under pressure. I genuinely believe him when he says that if he doesn't win it this year then it's no big deal. I'm not even sure that Max feels the pressure to perform for his colleagues in the way that Michael felt he had to as well.

One thing's for sure - if/when Max wins it this year it will be fully deserved. He has been the better driver out of the two for much of the year, less mistakes and more focused as well I think. It'd be a monumental achievement if he can take it away from Lewis.

Like you mate I've followed him from 2007 too. Always liked the way he came across in interviews also. For one so young he never seem to make many mistakes and the first time I saw him in wet conditions he blew me away, that's when I though he'd win a championship or two. Didn't realise it would go onto 7 though and a outside chance now of going one ahead of the great Schumacher.

If it doesn't  happen this year I still think he's capable of making it 8. The new changes next year will be very interesting though and with Russell now joking Mercs will make it that bit harder. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2103 
      Reply #5770: Nov 07, 2021 10:44:40 pm
      Like you mate I've followed him from 2007 too. Always liked the way he came across in interviews also. For one so young he never seem to make many mistakes and the first time I saw him in wet conditions he blew me away, that's when I though he'd win a championship or two. Didn't realise it would go onto 7 though and a outside chance now of going one ahead of the great Schumacher.

If it doesn't  happen this year I still think he's capable of making it 8. The new changes next year will be very interesting though and with Russell now joking Mercs will make it that bit harder.

Yeah, I'll never forget getting up in the early hours of the morning to see his wet weather drive in Fuji 2007 - it was then that I was sure he was destined to greatness. I hope he gets to 8 as well. Even though Schumacher's my all time favourite records are there to be broken (as Michael said so himself).
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #5771: Nov 07, 2021 10:51:03 pm
      Think that’s the crucial blow in the title race.

Max and RedBull thoroughly deserve it. Better driver and better team by a fair distance this year.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5772: Nov 08, 2021 05:26:52 am
      Think that’s the crucial blow in the title race.

Max and RedBull thoroughly deserve it. Better driver and better team by a fair distance this year.

Think your right chats and yes, well deserved even though he can be a tosser at times.  :lmao:

Quick Reply