Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Formula 1

Read 577035 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5934: Dec 04, 2021 06:20:57 pm
      Thought Max was unbelievable before clipping the wallā€¦

Itā€™s all about Lewis & Merc keeping their headsā€¦ I think Max is either going to crash again tomorrow or severely damage his title hopesā€¦ getting too emotional..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5935: Dec 04, 2021 06:27:17 pm
      Think you might be overreacting a bit lads...  ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      It wasn't a big mistake and he really needed to push hard to get on pole. Don't forget Lewis also messed up his first lap in Q3.

Probably right as got over excited in that last lap. No doubt Max should of had pole but Iā€™m loving the outcome  ;D Itā€™s only being biased Iā€™d like to see Red Bull with a new gear box but watching Horners face was one of the best sites Iā€™ve seen this year in F1  :lmao:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5936: Dec 04, 2021 06:30:34 pm
      Probably right as got over excited in that last lap. No doubt Max should of had pole but Iā€™m loving the outcome  ;D Itā€™s only being biased Iā€™d like to see Red Bull with a new gear box but watching Horners face was one of the best sites Iā€™ve seen this year in F1  :lmao:

Checo only 5th has got to hurt as well.
      But unfortunately, we all know Bottas is going to mess it up at the start tomorrow...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5937: Dec 04, 2021 06:32:52 pm
      Checo only 5th has got to hurt as well.
      But unfortunately, we all know Bottas is going to mess it up at the start tomorrow...

Heā€™s due to get one right isnā€™t he? The law of averages says so.  :D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5938: Dec 04, 2021 06:44:27 pm
      Heā€™s due to get one right isnā€™t he? The law of averages says so.  :D

Unlikely, but who knows...
      Utd managed to get a point against Chelsea, so I guess anything is possible, really...  :lmao: (sorry, couldn't resist)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5939: Dec 04, 2021 07:08:06 pm
      Unlikely, but who knows...
      Utd managed to get a point against Chelsea, so I guess anything is possible, really...  :lmao: (sorry, couldn't resist)

Very good  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5940: Dec 04, 2021 07:09:43 pm
      Seeing Horner looking like he has swallowed a wasp is priceless. Max was on the very limit from the first corner if Bottas can grow a pair tomorrow then Lewis will drive away. Its the Safety Cars that worry me I can see 3 or 4 with this track. This is a new track sanctioned by the FIA and its could IMHO be lethal
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5941: Dec 04, 2021 07:38:19 pm
      It seems Bernie has lost his marbles...

Bernie ā€˜surprisedā€™ Lewis wants to beat Schumi title tally
      Ex-F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone says he was ā€œsurprisedā€ Lewis Hamilton raced on in 2021, as he thought he may not want to beat the seven World Championships won by Michael Schumacher.

Hamilton and Mercedes left it to the last minute to agree a deal for him to carry on with the team this season, but he signed a new two-year contract over summer to take his Formula 1 career through to 2023 at least.

The Briton won his seventh title in emphatic fashion last year, winning 11 races and finishing a whopping 124 points ahead of Valtteri Bottas in second, despite missing a race after contracting Covid-19.

Within that, he drew level with Schumacherā€™s World Championship record and surpassed the great Germanā€™s total of 91 race victories ā€“ and the Mercedes driver became Formula 1ā€™s first ever centurion of grand prix wins when he took the chequered flag in Russia in September.

However, Ecclestone believes Hamiltonā€™s achievements will not detract from Schumacherā€™s standing in the sportā€™s history.

ā€œNo, not at all,ā€ Ecclestone told RTL when asked if a record eighth title would definitively place Hamiltonā€™s talent above Schumacher in peopleā€™s estimations, quoted by Sky Sport in Germany.

ā€œIn fact, Iā€™m surprised Lewis didnā€™t say at the beginning of the year ā€˜Iā€™m stepping down, I donā€™t want to win more races or World Championships than Michaelā€™.ā€

Ecclestone claimed earlier in the year Hamilton is ā€œnot quite the fighter he wasā€, but the Mercedes driver has since closed the gap to Max Verstappen to eight points in this yearā€™s title race heading into the final two rounds of the season.

Despite his previous assessment of Hamiltonā€™s driving, Formula 1ā€™s former CEO is enjoying seeing the title battle unfold.

ā€œItā€™s a fight weā€™ve been waiting for seven or eight years, finally a competition again,ā€ he said.

ā€œThis is what people want when they watch Formula 1, or any sport for that matter. They want competition.ā€

Plenty of people from the world of Formula 1 have weighed in with their opinions about who will win this yearā€™s World Championship, but the 91-year-old believes the pairā€™s unique approaches benefit the spectacle and the races themselves.

ā€They are both very competitive in their own way,ā€ Ecclestone said. ā€œThey have a different style, a different way of dealing with things and then that suits the races.ā€
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,044 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5942: Dec 04, 2021 08:45:28 pm
      Think you might be overreacting a bit lads...  ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      It wasn't a big mistake and he really needed to push hard to get on pole. Don't forget Lewis also messed up his first lap in Q3.

Did he have to push hard in those last couple of corners? He was ahead and all he had to do was keep it on the road. He didn't need to make a statement.

I think Lewis's lap was caused by a car that was clearly nervous. That said, he's not been at his usual high standards on the hot lap this season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5943: Dec 04, 2021 09:28:04 pm
      See Horner has challenged Marshall's decision over the Yellow flag. Just when you think the slimey little toad cannot stoop any lower.
      Still no News on the Gearbox though. Max blew it he was charging all the lap and even when early on he almost hit the wall he pushed and he pushed so in the end he got what he deserved...nothing.
      the F2 race had a bit of carnage on Lap 1.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5944: Dec 04, 2021 09:40:48 pm

We'll probably have a few SC tomorrow. We saw how treacherous the track can be.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,044 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5945: Dec 04, 2021 09:42:13 pm
      See Horner has challenged Marshall's decision over the Yellow flag. Just when you think the slimey little toad cannot stoop any lower.
      Still no News on the Gearbox though. Max blew it he was charging all the lap and even when early on he almost hit the wall he pushed and he pushed so in the end he got what he deserved...nothing.

He doesn't stop does Christian.

It was an absolute thriller of a lap from Max though! Perfect example of driving at the limit...and then going over it. I still think Max is in a good position regardless. He's got speed and aggression in that car. Bottas will have to do a job tomorrow. Very little suggests he can offer that protection to Lewis though!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,044 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5946: Dec 04, 2021 10:01:18 pm
      Watching the C4 coverage. Shout out to Charles Leclerc for a magnificent 4th, outqualifying Perez. Fantastic effort - how I'd love to see him in a race winning car next year. That guy's a champ.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #5947: Dec 04, 2021 10:24:48 pm
      Max was a few seconds away from one of the great qualifying laps there. Shows you the small margins!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5948: Dec 04, 2021 10:40:34 pm
      apparently Redbull did not challenge the Stewards afterall .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5949: Dec 04, 2021 10:41:19 pm
      Watching the C4 coverage. Shout out to Charles Leclerc for a magnificent 4th, outqualifying Perez. Fantastic effort - how I'd love to see him in a race winning car next year. That guy's a champ.

Alongside Max tomorrow if he doesnt get a gearbox penalty could be interesting
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5950: Dec 04, 2021 11:16:27 pm
      It wasnt mentioned at the time but Lewis had to pass 3 slow cars on his lap and Max had a clear track.
      Just worried that Bottas lets Max pass on the first corner and then he takes out Lewis .
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #5951: Dec 04, 2021 11:59:06 pm
      Quote from waltonl4
      I know Virgil is Max's mate but sorry I really want him to get number 8 because he deserves it

I think it's difficult to argue that Max with more race wins, and more sprint wins, more pole positions and more points doesn't deserve it. But it's just as difficult to argue why Salah finished 500 points behind the Ballon D'Or winner.

That Saudi track reminds me of Valencia. It was scrapped after a few years because of it's lack of entertainment. In this case, the race will probably be decided at the first corner, unless Safety Cars are needed. But you really wouldn't want to be starting in the midfield. You know that some will go off at the first corner of the first lap, and probably act as a wrecking ball for those around them.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5952: Dec 05, 2021 12:39:57 am
      That Saudi track reminds me of Valencia. It was scrapped after a few years because of it's lack of entertainment. In this case, the race will probably be decided at the first corner, unless Safety Cars are needed. But you really wouldn't want to be starting in the midfield. You know that some will go off at the first corner of the first lap, and probably act as a wrecking ball for those around them.

The F2 races were quite entertaining, so I guess we shall see. We might be pleasantly surprised.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5953: Dec 05, 2021 09:20:11 am
      I cannot remember the last time I was so piped up about a F1 race, think the last time was when Hammy won his first F1 title back in 2008 when he beat Massa by one point in Brazil. I still remember jumping up and down like a blue arse fly.  :lmao:

Todayā€™s race feels exactly the same for me, the intensity will be massive and the race canā€™t come quick enough. However, thereā€™s a but! I canā€™t help thinking thereā€™s going to be a serious incident given the track is so fast with a couple of blind spots. Itā€™s almost certain to be one or two safety cars, especially when Max sticks his elbows out at the first bend to get passed Bottas at the start.

If I was a neutral Iā€™m hoping Max doesnā€™t have a gearbox change as I think this race will have more neutrals watching such the pressure on the Mercs & Red bulls to perform to their best. Unfortunately as a Hammy fan I donā€™t want that pressure and hope he needs a new gear box.  :D My gut feeling from watching Maxā€™s last lap bump into the wall he wonā€™t need a change.

What the opinions of F1 fans re gearbox? Yes or No?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,044 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5954: Dec 05, 2021 02:11:16 pm
      I cannot remember the last time I was so piped up about a F1 race, think the last time was when Hammy won his first F1 title back in 2008 when he beat Massa by one point in Brazil. I still remember jumping up and down like a blue arse fly.  :lmao:

Todayā€™s race feels exactly the same for me, the intensity will be massive and the race canā€™t come quick enough. However, thereā€™s a but! I canā€™t help thinking thereā€™s going to be a serious incident given the track is so fast with a couple of blind spots. Itā€™s almost certain to be one or two safety cars, especially when Max sticks his elbows out at the first bend to get passed Bottas at the start.

If I was a neutral Iā€™m hoping Max doesnā€™t have a gearbox change as I think this race will have more neutrals watching such the pressure on the Mercs & Red bulls to perform to their best. Unfortunately as a Hammy fan I donā€™t want that pressure and hope he needs a new gear box.  :D My gut feeling from watching Maxā€™s last lap bump into the wall he wonā€™t need a change.

What the opinions of F1 fans re gearbox? Yes or No?

I'm with you Keith. I think the chances of something big happening are huge here. One of Max or Lewis could end up squirming their car into the wall

I'm glad Max doesn't have a penalty. That lap up to that point was superb and from third place hell be right in the face of Mercedes all race.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5955: Dec 05, 2021 02:25:46 pm
      Wonder if the RB mechanics have taken a risk with the gearbox to avoid a penalty..?

I know they are some of the best in the paddock but it could cost them a DNF & Max not winning the championship on the back of fearing a points or grid penaltyā€¦
      Even though Iā€™m in the Lewis corner that final
      Qualifying lap for Max was something elseā€¦

https://twitter.com/ferrarifantv/status/1467454409391104005?s=21
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5956: Dec 05, 2021 03:11:05 pm
      watching the F2 race or trying to as its red flagged for the second time. on lap 1 this time.
      Anyone want to guess how many Cars will start lap 2 of the F1 race its going to be a lottery who gets through the first corner

Quick Reply