Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Formula 1

Read 585666 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #6072: Dec 05, 2021 08:13:30 pm
      Can't wait for next week! It'll be interesting to see how much the new Abu Dhabi layout will impact performances.

Isn’t it over 10 seconds faster than last year?
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,083 posts | 630 
      Reply #6073: Dec 05, 2021 08:22:27 pm
      Isn’t it over 10 seconds faster than last year?

Between 10 and 15, yes. In theory, the changes they made should favour Mercedes a bit more. But this season is impossible to predict, so...
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #6074: Dec 05, 2021 08:33:47 pm
      if ever Lewis needed Bottas to be his wingman it is next week. That was a bonkers demolition derby
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,106 posts | 2129 
      Reply #6075: Dec 05, 2021 08:39:22 pm
      Damon Hill by far the best analyst in the sport for me. Love his perspectives. Read his autobiography recently - one of the best books I've read in a long time.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #6076: Dec 05, 2021 08:46:01 pm
      Damon Hill by far the best analyst in the sport for me. Love his perspectives. Read his autobiography recently - one of the best books I've read in a long time.

dont forget he raced alongside someone that thought it was ok to take an opponent out so I think he knows what Lewis is having to deal with.
      Lets hope the Stewards dont chicken out doing the right thing
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6077: Dec 05, 2021 08:47:38 pm
      Every chance that dirty tw@t may get another penalty in Abu Dhabi all being well.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #6078: Dec 05, 2021 08:55:53 pm
      what has Lewis done to DiResta he really doesnt like supporting him at all
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,083 posts | 630 
      Reply #6079: Dec 05, 2021 08:56:42 pm
      Every chance that dirty tw@t may get another penalty in Abu Dhabi all being well.

There is no chance of that happening. They'll be too afraid of the repercussions. And no penalty keeps all the suspense alive, which is good for them, money-wise.
      They'll claim they don't want to interfere in the championship fight, even though NOT taking action is effectively interfering.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,106 posts | 2129 
      Reply #6080: Dec 05, 2021 08:58:39 pm
      what has Lewis done to DiResta he really doesnt like supporting him at all

Trying a bit too hard to put the emphasis of that incident on Lewis. You could see Lewis had no confidence at all to pass him. The reduction in speed is fairly drastic and he's twitching all over the place making Lewis none the wiser as to what to do.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #6081: Dec 05, 2021 09:01:11 pm
      Trying a bit too hard to put the emphasis of that incident on Lewis. You could see Lewis had no confidence at all to pass him. The reduction in speed is fairly drastic and he's twitching all over the place making Lewis none the wiser as to what to do.

message came through to Max to let Lewis by strategically so he would get DRS and go past straight away . The way RB will win at any cost isnt a good view.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #6082: Dec 05, 2021 09:03:46 pm

I love the Sky team… what’s happened to Karun (not Horner) … love his in race analysis & strategies..
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #6083: Dec 05, 2021 09:08:54 pm
      I love the Sky team… what’s happened to Karun (not Horner) … love his in race analysis & strategies..

he is still listed as being with SKY and yes I much prefer him to DiResta and Davidson
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,106 posts | 2129 
      Reply #6084: Dec 05, 2021 09:09:59 pm

Yeah, I've enjoyed their on screen team this year with Hill the standout. Love Channel 4 when DC and Mark Webber are on together as well.

Still trying to process that Grand Prix. Wow. This season has had everything.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #6085: Dec 05, 2021 09:12:58 pm
      Yeah, I've enjoyed their on screen team this year with Hill the standout. Love Channel 4 when DC and Mark Webber are on together as well.

Still trying to process that Grand Prix. Wow. This season has had everything.

the truth is mate Hamilton has to race his car against the othe rdrivers and then stop Max piling into him at every race it must get tiring especially when nothing happens other than Horner saying "just let them Race"
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6086: Dec 05, 2021 09:31:06 pm
      There is no chance of that happening. They'll be too afraid of the repercussions. And no penalty keeps all the suspense alive, which is good for them, money-wise.
      They'll claim they don't want to interfere in the championship fight, even though NOT taking action is effectively interfering.

I’m not so sure, if the telemetry proves Max did indeed breast test him it’s possible, not forgetting Max leaned towards the middle of track also.

Just been reading Max being quoted as saying “What happened today is unbelievable and this sport is more about penalties than racing, he said for him this isn’t F1 racing.  :lmao:

Tell you what Max you tw@t let’s have no rules so you can take everyone off the track.  :f_doh:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,083 posts | 630 
      Reply #6087: Dec 05, 2021 09:42:09 pm
      I’m not so sure, if the telemetry proves Max did indeed breast test him it’s possible, not forgetting Max leaned towards the middle of track also.

Just been reading Max being quoted as saying “What happened today is unbelievable and this sport is more about penalties than racing, he said for him this isn’t F1 racing.  :lmao:

Tell you what Max you tw@t let’s have no rules so you can take everyone off the track.  :f_doh:

Not sure he braked to be honest... But he sill very much knew what he was doing.

Lewis ultimately winning the race gives an easy way out to the FIA.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6088: Dec 05, 2021 09:44:57 pm
      Not sure he braked to be honest... But he sill very much knew what he was doing.

Lewis ultimately winning the race gives an easy way out to the FIA.

Well I’m hoping he did for obvious reasons  ;D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,083 posts | 630 
      Reply #6089: Dec 05, 2021 09:51:53 pm
      I just rewatched the incident for which Max got the 5s penalty. It's pretty much the same as Brazil, where he was not punished. If anything, Brazil was even worse. The lack of consistency from the stewards is just astonishing. Perhaps they should consider not changing them every race?

It also proves the lack of action in Brazil means he will never change his attitude...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,106 posts | 2129 
      Reply #6090: Dec 05, 2021 09:53:55 pm

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6091: Dec 05, 2021 09:56:21 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #6092: Dec 05, 2021 11:17:35 pm
      10 sec penalty for Max for the crash which means nothing and certainly no penalty ....So all he has to do is take Lewis out or Perez and he wins.Not sure this is the kind of sport I want to watch
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,106 posts | 2129 
      Reply #6093: Dec 06, 2021 12:27:59 am
      10 sec penalty for Max for the crash which means nothing and certainly no penalty ....So all he has to do is take Lewis out or Perez and he wins.Not sure this is the kind of sport I want to watch

The stewards could have at least threatened him with docked points should any more funny business happen next race. You're looking at a potential Prost on Senna/Senna on Prost situation Suzuka 89/90 otherwise.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6094: Dec 06, 2021 03:34:06 am
      The stewards could have at least threatened him with docked points should any more funny business happen next race. You're looking at a potential Prost on Senna/Senna on Prost situation Suzuka 89/90 otherwise.

You just know come Abu Dhabi if Hammy 70% to Max’s 30% going into a bed Max will be more than happy to drive him off the track again!! and again!! and again  :f_steam: Hammy openly states he’s moved over far to many times when he shouldn’t have so not to cause a accident.

Hammy’s track craft from what I remember is better than the likes of Senna - Schumacher- Prost etc etc etc. It’s the only reason why he goes to Abu Dhabi level on points. Let’s hope the good guy of F1 comes home with No 8.  :)

Quick Reply