Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Mauro Zarate (Lazio)

Read 2850 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Mauro Zarate (Lazio)
      Apr 17, 2009 08:54:40 pm
       Liverpool And Manchester City Track Lazio Star Mauro Zarate – Jose Alberti
      Argentine talent scout and transfer consultant Alberti has warned that Lazio risk losing the ‘Zarate Kid’ at the end of the season.

Lazio have until April 30 to make Mauro Zarate’s move from Qatar-based side Al-Sadd permanent, but the striker’s brother Sergio has urged the club to make a decision earlier this week after ‘Maurito’ netted a wonderful goal against Roma in the Derby della Capitale.

“Zarate is a very important player and has lots of suitors,” Argentine transfer expert Jose Alberti explained on Tuttomercatoweb.

“Inter, Manchester City and Liverpool want him, he is a great footballer and could be decisive at any side. Unfortunately, Lazio have often marginalised him.”

Zarate has made 30 appearances for the Aquile in Serie A so far, netting 11 goals, but has often been in contention for a starting role with captain Tommaso Rocchi.

“Lazio have this option in their hands and I believe they will not let him go, because he was crucial for Lazio this term,” continued Alberti.

“They can buy half his rights by April 30 and I feel [that president Claudio] Lotito will do it. Then he will be given one more year to pick up the remaining half.

“However, if Delio Rossi remained at Lazio, I think Inter would seriously step forward…”

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2009/04/14/1208430/inter-liverpool-and-manchester-city-track-lazio-star-mauro-zarate
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Mauro Zarate (Lazio)
      Reply #1: Apr 18, 2009 01:18:17 pm
      Hmmm thats interesting, I'd like to have him
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #2: Apr 18, 2009 01:22:23 pm
      Zarate? Not sure where I'll fit him but I'll still have him. Simply because this guy is class.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 18, 2009 08:30:11 pm
      I wouldn't mind signing him, though I don't know where he would play. Maybe behind Torres and move Gerrard over to the right.
      tedward78
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 204 posts | -5 
      Reply #4: Apr 19, 2009 10:53:15 am
      Zarate would be a good player and I would love to have him but do we want him or David Villa??
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5: Apr 19, 2009 12:06:45 pm
      Zarate would be a good player and I would love to have him but do we want him or David Villa??

tbh the Villa thing has gone too far. I'm convinced he and Torres can't play together. Zarate can work as a wide man, or a second striker. He is everything that we wanted Robbie Keane to be, only this time he actually knows how to play in that position and not flap around like a penguin
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #6: Apr 19, 2009 12:45:46 pm
      I like Zarate but I think this is just his agent trying to hurry a move. Don't really think that there any truth in our interest.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #7: Apr 19, 2009 01:14:37 pm
      Not sure about Zarate, he was okay with Birmingham but that is all, I wouldn't look to much into his form with Lazio, the Italian Seria A is only a pale shadow of itself, I'd say even Voronin would bang 20 goals a season there :)
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #8: Apr 19, 2009 01:31:58 pm
      Would like to sign him.Excellent player.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Apr 19, 2009 01:34:34 pm
      For fucks sake.  talkaloadofbull.com

And I thought people knew better nowadays!   :-\
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Apr 19, 2009 07:07:56 pm
      Regardless of the source and just looking at the player, i think he'd be a great signing. Wasnt disgruntled at being second fiddle at Birmingham, hasnt been the first name on the teamsheet at Lazio. Surely he'd like to come?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Apr 19, 2009 07:11:22 pm
      Wasnt disgruntled at being second fiddle at Birmingham, hasnt been the first name on the teamsheet at Lazio. Surely he'd like to come?

If he had to play second fiddle at Birmingham and has struggled getting in the team at Lazio then i can't see him being able to compete for a place in our team.

So why not just save the money which would be spent on him, spend it on a top class winger and integrate Nemeth and Pacheco into the 1st team?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #12: Apr 19, 2009 07:43:20 pm
      If he had to play second fiddle at Birmingham and has struggled getting in the team at Lazio then i can't see him being able to compete for a place in our team.

So why not just save the money which would be spent on him, spend it on a top class winger and integrate Nemeth and Pacheco into the 1st team?

Thats the thing mate, he's been the best striker at both those clubs.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #13: Apr 20, 2009 10:44:42 am
      I'm not sure about this guy, theres pros and cons for him, but I don't think it'll happen anyway
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #14: May 18, 2009 10:54:46 pm
      15 in 31 for Lazio this season, played in the Fifa Under 20 world cup for Argentina in 07 and scored in the final. He's only 22 years old so he could be a good steal from Lazio. Not sure he's the best player we could sign though.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #15: Jul 26, 2009 01:05:28 pm
      Mauro Zarate has agreed terms with Lazio to make his move to the club permanent.

Zarate is on loan at Lazio from Qatari outfit Al Sadd and they had a deadline of 1st May to seal an agreement with the player.

After extensive talks, the Argentine striker has indeed come to an agreement with the Biancocelesti.

"I am happy. Is this what I wanted? Of course," Zarate told Il Messaggero after the talks.

Lazio had already held lengthy talks with Al Sadd earlier this month and looked to have an agreement.

However, it has now emerged that Lazio are yet to agree terms with Al Sadd - so although a deal has been agreed with the player, the transfer cannot yet be finalised.

A host of Premier League clubs have been tracking Zarate - who has been in outstanding form this season, bagging 14 goals for Lazio.

And they are likely to remain on his trail until a deal between Lazio and Al Saad is struck and the Qatari club are believed to have a deadline of early June for the whole transfer to be finalised.

Lazio president Claudio Lotito says Liverpool have "zero chance" of signing Mauro Zarate this summer.

The Argentine forward is thought to be interesting a whole host of clubs - including both Liverpool and Manchester City - after scoring 12 league goals this term.

But Lotito says the former Birmingham City striker - who is on a season-long loan at Lazio from Qatari side Al Sadd - will stay in Rome.

Lazio have until the end of this month to finalise a permanent deal for the player and Lotito says the club intend to do just this.

Speaking about the possibility of Liverpool signing the player, Lotito said: "There is zero chance. Lazio will exercise their option to buy Zarate and they will not sell Zarate to Liverpool, full stop."

His comments come after Sergio Zarate, who works as one of the agents for his brother, confirmed a number of clubs are asking about the Argentine.

"I can not say which clubs, I can only say that two Italians, two Spaniards, two British and one German," he told Calciomercato.
      xiiaokayy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #16: Jul 27, 2009 06:11:38 am
      So does it mean we have to wait till next summer or something since it is clearly stated that Lazio dont want him to go.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Jul 27, 2009 10:15:22 am
      He's happy, deal close to done.

Locked.

Quick Reply