Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Will Sissoko moves to Juventus FC next season?

Read 5325 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Will Sissoko moves to Juventus FC next season?
      Reply #23: Jan 18, 2008 11:08:52 am
      The question remains who is Rafa going to sell in the centre of Midfield.

I think it could be Alonso or Lucas.  But don't shout at me yet for mentioning Lucas!  ::)

I think Sissoko, Alonso & Mascherano offer more than Lucas does.  But we don't often see Rafa flogging off 'top' young signings after a season.  (Unless you're Mark Gonzalez!)

I think Momo will still go this month - to Valencia (Abelda on his way out there - basically sacked by Koeman).

As I have said in other threads, I think Alonso will be leaving in the summer - probably to Real Madrid - with his life-long best mate Arteta going to Atletico de Madrid... it's a rumour in the city... but you just never know. Alonso has lots of off-field mates in Madrid as he recently admitted on Thirty Minutes with... on LFC.TV
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2008 12:58:07 pm by donrafael »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Jan 18, 2008 12:50:54 pm
      Sissoko leaving now, Alonso at the end of the season and Lucas, well i dont know, not soon anyhow. Wonder if Rafa is lining up a replacement for Momo. Javi Martinez and Amorbieta were linked with us AGAIN.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #25: Jan 18, 2008 01:35:38 pm
      I think alonsos staying to be honest. rafa doesnt seem to want him to go he seems to want to stay and no-one can pass like him in our team to be honest except gerrard.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #26: Jan 18, 2008 01:38:17 pm
      I think alonsos staying to be honest. rafa doesnt seem to want him to go he seems to want to stay and no-one can pass like him in our team to be honest except gerrard.

I hope Xabi regains his passing touch.

I hope he stays.

He, more than any other player IMHO was affected by Pako's exit. It's done now... so he must get his head and boots together and deliver us (week in, week out) the old Xabi.

No player in this squad/club can survive a season, on previous season's merits - no player at all.... and before anyone says the same should be said for the manager ...then just have a quick look at what ww talent Rafa has attracted to our youth set-up, THIS season.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #27: Jan 18, 2008 03:23:51 pm
      Rafa listens to the players and if Xabi wants out, he will try and get him where he wants to go. This can work in our favour because it will be Barca or Real and we can get a very decent replacement or someone in another position.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #28: Jan 18, 2008 05:52:21 pm
      I hope Xabi regains his passing touch.

I hope he stays.

He, more than any other player IMHO was affected by Pako's exit. It's done now... so he must get his head and boots together and deliver us (week in, week out) the old Xabi.

No player in this squad/club can survive a season, on previous season's merits - no player at all.... and before anyone says the same should be said for the manager ...then just have a quick look at what ww talent Rafa has attracted to our youth set-up, THIS season.

Me too, i really hope he regains his great passing, when his passing is in full flow it is mesmerising to watch no-one's passing is better than xabis when he's in his best form.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=US7eiFGiCG4

Iv'e watched that video numerous times and its amazing to see one player play so many amazing passes within one match. The accuracy is amazing.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #29: Jan 24, 2008 03:37:09 pm
      Momo reckons the deal will be done in the next 2 or 3 days...
      asadliv
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 24, 2008 05:20:12 pm
      Momo will be out in the summer or who knows in the next few days..
      Momo wants the Juve move to go through, i cant see anything stopping this deal. 
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #31: Jan 24, 2008 10:46:56 pm
      I liked Momo, good young player with so much promise. It was that eye injury, followed by that shoulder injury that put him back. Trust me he was starting to pass the ball crisply, was making good tackles and had good posistional awareness.. just that those two injurys in my opinion ended his Anfield career.

I hope to him the best when he makes his move to Juventus, and I hope for the good of his career he's not the next Patrick Viera, but better!

YNWA Momo
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #32: Jan 24, 2008 11:06:47 pm
      Momo will be out in the summer or who knows in the next few days..
      Momo wants the Juve move to go through, I cant see anything stopping this deal. 

Read somewhere that he is ready for a Liverpool stay.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #33: Jan 24, 2008 11:29:56 pm
      Read somewhere that he is ready for a Liverpool stay.

Honestly I don't think he is going to stay mate:

________________________ ___

Out-of-favour Liverpool midfielder Mohamed Sissoko says he expects to sign a deal with Juventus on Friday.
      The 23-year-old Mali international told BBC Sport: "Now I have good contact with Juventus, so we'll see what happens in the next two days.

"Maybe I'm going to sign on Friday my contract with Juve."

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has told Sissoko he can leave Anfield "if the right club and the right offer" comes in.

Sissoko, who only signed a new four-year contract with Liverpool in the summer having moved to Anfield from Valencia for £5.6m in July 2005, admits he will be sad to leave Merseyside.

"Yes, because it's a big club," he said. "I like the fans, I like Anfield, I like everybody in Liverpool. I am just disappointed about my position in Liverpool. But this is football."

But after slipping down the midfield pecking order he denied suggestons of a fall out with Benitez.

"No, he's the manager. He decides. I am young, I am just 23 years old. I want to play. That's why I want to leave Liverpool," added Sissoko.

Sissoko's claims that he is close to sealing a move to the Italian giants come just over a week after Juventus insisted he would not be joining them.

Benitez said there were a number of clubs interested in Sissoko.

"We know we have two or three clubs asking about him and we'll try to find the best solution," said Benitez.

"It depends on if we find the right club and the right offer. We need to wait," he told the Liverpool website.

The Malian has played just six games for Liverpool this season and his departure could enable the Reds to secure the permanent signing of Javier Mascherano.

Earlier this month Sissoko had told Radio Montecarlo: "I'm still at Liverpool but I expect a big announcement in the next few days.

"My agent, Juve and Liverpool are working on my departure and my move to Turin is very close.

"I'm expecting good news any moment now, but I'm enthusiastic about beginning a new adventure in Italy." he said.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #34: Jan 24, 2008 11:44:07 pm
      Somehow I feel the deal will will not go through. Might be wrong though.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #35: Jan 24, 2008 11:51:26 pm
      I liked Momo, good young player with so much promise. It was that eye injury, followed by that shoulder injury that put him back. Trust me he was starting to pass the ball crisply, was making good tackles and had good posistional awareness.. just that those two injurys in my opinion ended his Anfield career.

I hope to him the best when he makes his move to Juventus, and I hope for the good of his career he's not the next Patrick Viera, but better!

YNWA Momo

Yeah, I agree about those two injuries. I think the eye injury was the blow though. The thought of the loss of sight in one eye must have really been hard from him. Hopefully he gets back to the level he was getting at with us. But it looks like he's on his way now. Good luck to him.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #36: Jan 25, 2008 12:08:30 am
      From lfc.tv

RAFA: MOMO COULD LEAVE
      Steve Hunter 23 January 2008 
        Rafa Benitez has admitted that Momo Sissoko could be close to leaving Anfield with Italian giants Juventus amongst a host of clubs chasing the Mali international's signature. 
      The midfielder is currently on African Cup of Nations duty with Mali and Benitez said the player could leave before the end of the January transfer window.

"We know that they (Juventus) are interested in Momo but we need to wait until the end of the transfer window and we need to be calm," he added. "There are two Spanish clubs and two Italian clubs also interested in Momo and we will try to do the best for the club."

When asked if he thought Sissoko would leave this month, Benitez said: "Yes, I think so. It could be a possibility but it depends on the other teams if they push hard or not."

i hope we do sell him, sorry mate but you dont make the cut anymore
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Jan 25, 2008 05:37:20 am
      Wont fall through. Ranieri really wants him and sees his as Thiago's replacement.
      asadliv
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #38: Jan 25, 2008 07:40:21 am
      Ranieri rates him highly.. Of course from his days at valencia. So Ranieri knows him well ..
      And if we get even £8m its good money i say.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #39: Jan 25, 2008 01:29:43 pm
      To be honest who cares!!!!  Simply not good enough.  Anyone can run around and put 110% into it, but he couldn't pass and he couldn't score (ok once).

kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #40: Jan 25, 2008 01:33:19 pm
      To be honest who cares!!!!  Simply not good enough.  Anyone can run around and put 110% into it, but he couldn't pass and he couldn't score (ok once).

And he always goes to ground when making tackles.
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2008 01:47:45 pm by Court LFC »

Quick Reply