Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Alvaro Arbeloa & Javier Mascherano now starters?

Read 2442 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Alvaro Arbeloa & Javier Mascherano now starters?
      Apr 11, 2007 10:26:18 pm
      I think they should be. There is one thing i don't do and that is judge on reputation but i judge on recent performances and I've got to say i think Arbeloa has been our best full back since he has started playing and by far Javier Mascherano has been our best center midfielder since he's started playing for us.

I think these two player who are only young have big future ahead of themselves and i think they are now worthy of starting every big game for us. Arbeloa is very quick and can defend very well, Mascherano is just the best holding midfielder around today and he proved that for us already even though lacking a lot of match fitness.

I don't think we need a new RB now, Arbeloa and Finnan can battle for that posistion.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Re: Alvaro Arbeloa & Javier Mascherano now starters?
      Reply #1: Apr 12, 2007 12:00:31 am
      And it was superb forethought by Rafa to sign these 2 in January. They weren't cup tied and could play in the Champions League, and judging on Arbeloa's performance against Barca where he kept Messi in a cage, it was just sheer genius. Definitely the best signings of this season.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Apr 12, 2007 12:04:17 am
      I don't just think they are the best signing Rafa has made this season, i think they can be the best signings Rafa's ever made here. Arbeloa - £2.5m and Javier Mascherano is here for 18 months with the chance to buy him after that 18 months for only £10m
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #3: Apr 12, 2007 12:59:00 am
      I agree.  They are our two best signings of the season - surpassing Gonzalez, Pennant, Bellamy and Kuyt combined.

Mascherano was a great deal.  No two ways about it.  If we can keep hold of all 4 of our central midfielders then I would say the centre of our team would be sorted for a decade.  Seriously.  Continuity is the key to building success - Rafa has recognised that.

Arbeola has been one of our best defensive signings in years.  Well - since Agger.

Benitez has bought well, and relatively inexpensively too.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #4: Apr 12, 2007 01:57:29 pm
      Well I don't know why Masch is even in this topic as he was always a number 1 starter for me anyway head and shoulders above the rest at what he does !

I love Momo but the gulf in class is huge . . .

Man U must be gutted they never got Masch
      As for Arbeloa looks a real classy player who will be soon forcing his way into the Spain squad
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #5: Apr 12, 2007 01:58:27 pm
      Man U must be gutted they never got Masch

They think Carrick is better :laugh:

let them think that
      I love Momo but the gulf in class is huge . . .

Yes they are both 22 but you can see how important Masch is to us now even though he's only played 5 games.
      He was rested yesterday shows that we didn't want him suspended for the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge.
      Cy
      Reply #6: Apr 12, 2007 03:04:56 pm
      I agree, Arbeloa is a great signing, absolutly solid, a real defenser. the fact that he scored recently (great finish too) was good to see. Mascherano is class no doubt, Benitez has done so well in signing these two for so little. I hope to see Mascherano scoring soon..
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #7: Apr 12, 2007 03:05:29 pm
      Well they can keep Carrick with his nil pace (so slow) and side ways passing . . .

Masch on the other hand has pace, bites in the challenge and he looks for his passes to go forward !
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #8: Apr 12, 2007 04:32:14 pm
      I think they should be. There is one thing I don't do and that is judge on reputation but I judge on recent performances and I've got to say I think Arbeloa has been our best full back since he has started playing and by far Javier Mascherano has been our best center midfielder since he's started playing for us.

I think these two player who are only young have big future ahead of themselves and I think they are now worthy of starting every big game for us. Arbeloa is very quick and can defend very well, Mascherano is just the best holding midfielder around today and he proved that for us already even though lacking a lot of match fitness.

I don't think we need a new RB now, Arbeloa and Finnan can battle for that posistion.
      agreed , in the up coming transfer window rafa should be ruthless and discard any player who hasn't got the quality to take lfc foward i hope to see more top players coming into the club an us no longer settling for players who are seconed best, more of the same please

Quick Reply