Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Celtic's You’ll Never Walk Alone

Read 9007 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Celtic's You’ll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #23: Feb 23, 2007 08:22:07 pm
      Who cares less what anyone else does / says / thinks?
      We are LIVERPOOL FC, the finest club in the land.
      We are known across the planet for who we are, what we do and how we do it.
      Our success is written in history, we lead by example while others try to emulate us.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONEis the fans' anthem, our own unique identity... Sing it like your life depends on it!
      It's part of the rich tapestry of LIVERPOOL FC, it's woven into into our souls!
      I sang it full blast on my birthday at Anfield (A dream come true!) We beat Villa 3-0 and it felt AWESOME!

Follow this link to MySpace:  http://www.myspace.com/ams4lfc and watch the moment we beat Chelski in the Champions League Semi final at ANFIELD. The celebrations are probably the best you will EVER see at ANFIELD... It is INCREDIBLE!!
      I get shivers down my spine when I hear & see it, (Turn the volume up!) It makes you PROUD to be a RED!
      I love
      LIVERPOOL FC... YOU@LL NEVER WALK ALONE

ps sorry if the videos stop/start, be patient!

I totally agree with you there Red, i was at that match and it was the best ever atmosphere at anfield i can remember for a long long time - Oh what a night !!  Even little Luis ran over to by we were sitting when he scored his goal, and i've got a pic of me and my mates on P48 on the champions league final programme just when he came over.  Its dead fuzzy but i can see all of us on the pic - awesome !!  ;D ;D
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts | 16 
      Reply #24: Apr 10, 2007 10:32:11 am
      Not a Celtic man myself, those of us that traveled up to Glasgow, first game after Hillsborough  will never forget how they treated us.

Amazing solidarity.

''DennisBhoy here from JungleBhoys it was a great honour to show solidarity with HJC at Sundays game with  rangers......I will give you a brief overview of how the day went. I was the nominated co-ordinator for the HJC banner and distribution of the HJC stickers....

We arrived at Celtic Park at 09.15 with the intention of targetting the media with stickers to let them know something was on the go........We targetted the photographers with stickers and loads of the photographers took the stickers and stuck them on their camera cases......We then had a meeting to discuss tactics with banners and got the HJC banner in place......we then went out to the main stand ant gave out stickers to supporters and players etcetera who were arriving..Paul Hartley took one and put it on his lapel....As I am a person who thinks on his feet i seen Everton Manager "The Chosen One" coming up  to the ground and I caught his attention at first he thought I was some punter after an autograph but soon changed his attitude when he seen the sticker and after I explained about the banner, he was openly moved about the whole event and he said that the people of Liverpool will take this gesture to their hearts for life...He then asked for more stickers and wished us all the best. We then managed to catch all of Scotland religious leaders who attended the game and they were happy to take the stickers and I explained about the banner and our solidarity with the HJC.

Then we entered the stadium still giving out stickers and proceeded to banner position BadgeMan was already in place...as luck would have it a Scouse Evertonian who lives in Glasgow was sat right next to where the banner was being flown from and he was wearing HJC badges that he bought via JB's earlier.

The banner stuck out big time and the rendition of Walk On was sang with a passion different than normal which led to another rendition of Walk On at the start of the second half. We will continue with our solidarity and support for HJC and the 96. I look forward to coming to Liverpool to hand over the banner I beleive that it's our duty to fly this banner at Anfield, so we shall meet soon brothers and sister and remember "You'll Never Walk Alone"

See Links to Banner photo's
      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lawrence.freeman/flags/1.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1522/dsc00691ny5.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7314/bannerswt7.jpg

Hail Hail

DennisBhoy''
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 12, 2007 08:42:03 pm
      Nobody sings the song better than us so lets show the rest of this country by all joning in
      singing the best football anthem ever f**k the pies and f**kall else and SING >:( >:(
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #26: Apr 12, 2007 09:14:49 pm
      The song is also sung by other association football crowds including:

England: Ipswich Town
      Austria: SK Rapid Vienna.
      Netherlands: FC Twente & Feyenoord Rotterdam.
      Germany: FC St. Pauli (also Borussia Dortmund and Alemannia Aachen and FSV Mainz 05).
      Greece: AEK Athens FC (AEK fans adopted a Greek version of the song).
      Japan: F.C. Tokyo.
      Italy: Hellas Verona F.C..
      Belgium: many Belgian traditional clubs (like Club Brugge K.V., Antwerp FC or KV Mechelen) have adopted the song. It has become tradition to hold scarves up high during this song, and - in spite of fierce rivalries between most traditional songs - respect the other team's singing of it.

Quick Reply