Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Roque, Idrizaj & Peltier sign on loans

Read 1470 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Roque, Idrizaj & Peltier sign on loans
      Mar 17, 2007 05:08:13 pm
      Luton Town have signed Austrian striker Besian Idrizaj on loan from Liverpool until the end of the season and the 19-year-old goes straight into the squad to face Ipswich Town today...

Idrizaj, who can also play on the left of midfield, joined Liverpool in 2005 from Austrian side Linzer ASK. He is yet to play for the Anfield side in the Premiership, but scored twice for the reserves against Wigan Athletic in midweek.

It is not yet known whether his move was initiated by Mike Newell before his departure or whether this deal was done by Brian Stein over the past few days.

Besian Idrizaj has been allocated shirt number 23. 

Hull City have signed Liverpool youngster Lee Peltier on loan until the end of the season.

The 20-year-old utility player has made four first-team appearances for the Premiership club and will provide competition in both midfield and defence at the KC Stadium.

« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2007 01:39:36 pm by mrtommo »
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Idrizaj & Peltier sign on loans
      Reply #1: Mar 17, 2007 05:20:37 pm
      I noticed Godwin Antwi went out on loan today as well.

Apparently Rafa said the reserves just don't play enough games - hence the reason for these loans.  He has been critical before about the lack of reserve team footie, probably stems from him being coach of Real Madrid B and used to an active and high standard of reserve team footie.

I hope these players are getting watched when they go out on these loans.  Peltier especially as he looked like he was rattling at the door of the first team squad.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #2: Mar 17, 2007 06:19:37 pm
      Antwi went to Accrington Stanley I think.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #3: Mar 17, 2007 08:27:00 pm
      Antwi went to Accrington Stanley I think.

Accrington Stanley?! Who are they? ;)
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2007 08:27:38 pm by Jabba »
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #4: Mar 18, 2007 09:11:07 am
      Accrington Stanley?! Who are they? ;)

I knew that was coming!  :D ;D
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Mar 21, 2007 11:40:30 am
      It is not yet known whether his move was initiated by Mike Newell before his departure or whether this deal was done by Brian Stein over the past few days.

I'm pretty sure the deal was done by Stein.

My mates 17 year old son plays for Luton Youth & I know through him that Mike Newell was not a fan of promoting youth to the 1st team too quickly. I'm actually quite surprised that they've brought in another young striker when they've got a perfectly good one in reserve, the lad's tearing up the goalscoring charts at the moment.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Roque, Idrizaj & Peltier sign on loans
      Reply #6: Mar 23, 2007 01:39:07 pm
      Liverpool teenager Miquel Roque has joined Oldham Athletic on loan.
      The 18-year-old, who can play in defence or midfield, will stay with the Latics until the end of the season.

Roque made his senior Liverpool debut earlier this season after moving to Anfield from Spanish second division side Lleida.

He also played in the Liverpool's FA Youth Cup winning side last season and Oldham hope to further strengthen their squad before Thursday's deadline.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Roque, Idrizaj & Peltier sign on loans
      Reply #7: Mar 24, 2007 10:23:12 am
      Yet more proof that the reserve league needs to be revamped.

These lads should be playing together week in, week out. They need to develop that telepathy, that one where you instinctively know where your team mate's gonna play the ball. Much as I hate the pair of them, I have to admit Beckham & Gary Neville link up brilliantly when they play together. This is because they've played together since they were kids, the sort of undertsanding our youngsters need to be developing right now.

How the f#ck is Roque gonna learn to play a pinpoint ball to Idrizaj in Luton FFS?

Quick Reply