Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

You'll never walk alone at the final whistle

Read 1499 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,350 posts | 2874 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      You'll never walk alone at the final whistle
      Mar 28, 2010 09:47:54 pm
      Whats happenned to it?

A great Anfield tradition. Win lose or draw, play magnificent average or crap. In the final minute or so You ll never walk alone would belt out. Not today and not on other occasions this season. Is the tradition dying out or what is the reason for this?   
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Re: You'll never walk alone at the final whistle
      Reply #1: Mar 28, 2010 09:56:53 pm
      Someone tried to start it in the final few minutes, but it didn't catch on. To be honest, it was cold at the ground, and the team were really going through the motions at the end - routine stuff.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Mar 28, 2010 10:19:35 pm
      Maybe this season all the uncertainty at the club has worn people out. Would be sad if it stopped. Its the highlight of going. Maybe a sign that we are no longer pulling in the same direction
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Mar 29, 2010 07:12:42 am
      Maybe this season all the uncertainty at the club has worn people out. Would be sad if it stopped. Its the highlight of going. Maybe a sign that we are no longer pulling in the same direction

We have heard it a few times this season. Everton and the scum games immediately spring to mind.

Although it seems to be only the big games where it gets sung. Anfield was extremely quiet yesterday for the last 30 minutes or so.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,878 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Mar 29, 2010 07:50:08 am
      Don't know what happened to YNWA at the end but thought at the start of the match, the rendition was much more stirring than it has been in a while. The hairs on top of the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2010 08:55:21 am by AussieRed »
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #5: Mar 29, 2010 08:33:19 am
      i gave it ago with others around me in 305 but rest were quiet as i thought it was most of the game ,few good chants
      all the other stands dont move out of there seat like they stuck or something .....it winds me up why go a match
      and sit there not supporting ur team  :mad: ...the team is doing their bit of late now its time for the fans to get loud and proud
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,350 posts | 2874 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6: Mar 29, 2010 08:42:50 am
      I gave it ago with others around me in 305 but rest were quiet as I thought it was most of the game ,few good chants
      all the other stands dont move out of there seat like they stuck or something .....it winds me up why go a match
      and sit there not supporting ur team  :mad: ...the team is doing their bit of late now its time for the fans to get loud and proud

In fairness around me in the upper Kemlyn there was a good few lads up for it and the Anny road got a few songs going which maybe cant be heard to clear in the kop.

But I see no excuse ever for that great tradition dying off its not right.
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #7: Mar 29, 2010 10:01:35 am
      In fairness around me in the upper Kemlyn there was a good few lads up for it and the Anny road got a few songs going which maybe cant be heard to clear in the kop.

But I see no excuse ever for that great tradition dying off its not right.

without a doubt it should be sung each and every game start and finish but i hope its not going to
      die like the atmosphere as of late

Quick Reply