Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Will we win the league this season

Read 51305 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Will we win the league this season
      Reply #115: Aug 11, 2009 05:02:49 pm
      Can we win the league?.....Did Jacko fondle kids??.... No doubt about it, like a previous poster the likes of the scum and the chavs are more worried about us than we are of them, You've 'Ol red nose mouthing off last week over how he has a better chance of a hole in one than liverpool winning the EPL, his mind games no longer bother Rafa, that headline would be blown up and stuck to the dressing room wall if it were up to me, the chavs will be our main contenders IMO, there squad Has'nt changed much so far, but if you remember Essien was missing for alot of the season, Zhirkov has been brought in plus i think Ribery could be persuaded form Bayern, so in terms of strengthening, i think they will give us problems, As for Owen he will score wherever he plays, He is a natural, with Granny shagger next to him they could prove to be a lethal combination, but for how long will they play together, I have my doubts in terms of injuries and fitness, We need Stevie and nan do all season no doubt about it, Alonso going may hurt initially but i think Rafa has a able if not better replacement,(only time will tell), in Aquillani, Being a few years younger, glen johnson will provide the attacking prowess lacking in Arbeloa and will form a fantastic relationship with Kuyt, down the left side we are weakest although in Insua and Aurelio when fit gives us stability at lb, Riera and especially Babel have to step up to the mark this season, the central spine looks after itself, probably the strongest in the league in quality, Carragher Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres, add your playmakers like Benayoun, lucas, then i can see a very, very able team of players who have been gelled together for the best part 3 yrs, like I've posted before, we now have the experience of being in the race we did that last season for two thirds of the season without Stevie and Nando, we finished highest scorers, lowest matches lost, Will we win the league?     YES WE WILL,  so all those doubters and Neg heads who don't think we can do it, i have a question for them,....When do you think we will win it??

YNWA        IRWT.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #116: Aug 11, 2009 07:44:25 pm
      BBC sports writer agrees with me...mighty reds to win Premier League this season....manure to finish fourth haha!!

Here's the link..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2009/08/chelsea_and_manchester_united.html

justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #117: Aug 11, 2009 08:26:17 pm
      BELIEVE
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #118: Aug 11, 2009 11:13:09 pm
      I think Kuyt will be on fire this season, he will be our player of the season, and surprise a few people with some goals, he just could be the difference this year, which would be amazing, his progress last season was outstanding.

I do believe this is our year, after 20 years of pain,    the joy will be all the more vivid,   i remember in the 80s it got a bit humdrum, we kept winning the league, expected it and sort of got used to it, a divine right if you know what i mean

if it happened after 20 years it would be the icing on the cake.....the dogs parts.....the business, cant wait for May 2010....sh*t i was young when we did it last.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #119: Aug 11, 2009 11:40:33 pm
      To all those who have probably seen this a million times before, I make a very small apology. Cos if you are feeling down with pre season results, Xabi leaving or just plain nervous about the start of a new campaign.........this is guaranteed to make your heart soar.

Sky Closing In My Life Sean Connery High Def
      Top post mate, just what I needed to re-assure myself.It's easy to forget our strengths when faced with all the media propaganda against Liverpool.We do'nt court sicophantic praise, we tell it as it is, and some people resent that honesty.F*ck them all , we'll do it our way, the Liverpool way. IRWT
      MsGerrard
      Reply #120: Aug 12, 2009 12:01:09 am
      It's going to be hard that's for sure, as there's at least 4 or maybe even 5 other teams who also think they can win the Premiership this season. We all start off on an equal footing and of course we all have aspirations to win the League.

At this moment in time I still think we are a couple of players short of getting the right balance, and of course our biggest worry is, like all the top teams, losing your star players out through injury.

I really think losing Xabi is going to be a big loss for us, he was the cog in the machine that made it run smoothly, a class player for sure, he will be missed, but I'm hoping Lucas can step up to the mantle, the way he played towards the latter part of last season was outstanding, and he was by far the best player in a Liverpool shirt on Saturday against Athletico Madrid.

This is as good a time as any to reclaim our crown, we have been starved of the top prize in English football, it's time to step up and be counted, every player, every fan and everybody connected with Liverpool Football Club......let's do it, let's get behind the boys from the start right through to the finish next May 2009.

Keep the faith and never give up.

Believe.

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2009/10

Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #121: Aug 12, 2009 02:36:28 am

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2009/10

Looks good don't it -- if it happens I will get a tattoo LFC-Related ;D dont ask me where or what yet, but I will have a whole season to contemplate this :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #122: Aug 12, 2009 04:21:37 am
      Looks good don't it -- if it happens I will get a tattoo LFC-Related ;D dont ask me where or what yet, but I will have a whole season to contemplate this :)

Bullshit you will ...you'd be too scared...me and you're other half will, though  ;)  :action-smiley-055:
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #123: Aug 12, 2009 06:45:11 am
      Bullshit you will ...you'd be too scared...me and you're other half will, though  ;)  :action-smiley-055:
      Hey dipstick, I already have one, and getting another on my bday... BIMBO! xo But i love ya... Mark my words -- WE win the Premier League and I will get an LFC tattoo somewhere... Its officially written down here, on the forum with many witnesses...

Sorry for straying off topic guys xo
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #124: Aug 12, 2009 08:20:31 am
      Jesus , been reading through this, come on reds get your heads up. Some are talking like we havent got a prayer and that alls lost. WE ARE AT THE START, WITHOUT A BALL BEING KICKED. [Sorry about caps]. Dont take any notice of pre-season results, they mean nothing, its Sunday that matters, thats when you will see us for real. Hope tp hear you a lot more cheerful after the match hey? Cmon you mighty redmen.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #125: Aug 12, 2009 11:00:21 am
      100 points + I dont see us losing or drawing a game all season.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #126: Aug 12, 2009 11:06:06 am
      100 points + I dont see us losing or drawing a game all season.

Feel like doing a Keegan-style "I would love it if we got that many points, absolutely love it!" rant!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #127: Aug 12, 2009 12:02:05 pm
      Well, mate, if we win all our games in the league then we have a chance of winning it dont we?

:D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #128: Aug 12, 2009 01:34:28 pm
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #129: Aug 12, 2009 01:42:00 pm
      Piers Morgan eh? Never knew he liked football!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #130: Aug 12, 2009 02:33:49 pm
      That's a surprise he most likely got someone to write it for him but whoever it was they are talking sense Torres top goalscorer and us league champions i like ;). Love the way he calls fergie old grumpy ;D.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #131: Aug 12, 2009 03:15:00 pm
      Hey dipstick, I already have one, and getting another on my bday... BIMBO! xo But I love ya... Mark my words -- WE win the Premier League and I will get an LFC tattoo somewhere... Its officially written down here, on the forum with many witnesses...

Sorry for straying off topic guys xo

Looks like the 3 of us will be booking in together for a tatt in May, 2010    :aaliverpool2xt1: :champ:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #132: Aug 12, 2009 04:41:01 pm
      If we keep everyone fit we have a chance but that is a big if. I think we have a weaker squad going into the new season then at the start of last season. We lost Keane, Arbeloa, Hyypia and Alonso from last season and only replaced them with Aquiliani and Johnson. I hope Torres stays fit all season because I don't think what we've to replace him with is good enough, suprised we haven't bought a striker obviously Rafa had peanuts to spend.  I also hope we don't have to rely to much on Lucas because I think if we do we will win no Premiership. He may have improved but he is a long way off being a Championship winning midfielder and centre midfield is a vital part of any team.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #133: Aug 12, 2009 05:28:50 pm
      Jesus , been reading through this, come on reds get your heads up. Some are talking like we havent got a prayer and that alls lost. WE ARE AT THE START, WITHOUT A BALL BEING KICKED. [Sorry about caps]. Dont take any notice of pre-season results, they mean nothing, its Sunday that matters, thats when you will see us for real. Hope tp hear you a lot more cheerful after the match hey? Cmon you mighty redmen.

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!

If we keep everyone fit we have a chance but that is a big if. I think we have a weaker squad going into the new season then at the start of last season. We lost Keane, Arbeloa, Hyypia and Alonso from last season and only replaced them with Aquiliani and Johnson. I hope Torres stays fit all season because I don't think what we've to replace him with is good enough, suprised we haven't bought a striker obviously Rafa had peanuts to spend.  I also hope we don't have to rely to much on Lucas because I think if we do we will win no Premiership. He may have improved but he is a long way off being a Championship winning midfielder and centre midfield is a vital part of any team.

There's not much you can do about injuries mate. What we need to be sure of is anyone that's stepping into the injured players boots can do a job that will help the team!

What it is vital that we get right, is the team ethic we displayed last season. Every player playing for each other and not trying to rely on individuals to win us points. It does help of course if your best players can influence a game. But let's hope we don't have any passengers this season.

kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #134: Aug 13, 2009 01:08:53 am
      I just want to say best of luck lads this season, Bring us that number 19 and make the best supporters on this planet get what we deserve.

COME ON YOU REDS !!!!!!!!!!            

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #135: Aug 13, 2009 04:39:05 pm
      Forget will we win the league and lets gets down to the important stuff like, where are we all going for the homecoming? I'm think St George's Hall again, was boss back in 2005.

Back to the question in hand, which I've already answered but I'll do so again because I wanna get me own belief up again.

Yes we will the league because we're far and away the best side in this division. Last year we tormented the, so called, top two and proved ourselves time and time again to be the best in the land. Had the odd decision gone in our favour, for example Stevie's goal against Stoke or had Rob Styles not given a penalty when Jloyd Samuel won the ball we may be sat here looking forward to defending our title. As it is though, those decisions didn't go in our favour and we didn't do enough to win the points.

We were the best side but it just wasn't meant to be. Sometimes it happens where you don't get what you deserve and sometimes the best don't always win. That's part of life and one we have to accept for our failure to win anything last year. But we will be taking heart from the fact that we were the best side around, we will be taking heart from the fact we now have a group of players who want to fight for the shirt rather than those who had their hearts set on a move away from before last year finished, we will be taking heart from the fact that our number one forward is injury free at the moment, we will be taking heart from the improvements we've made from last year.

So there's a million and one things to be positive about when it comes to looking at our title chances. Obviously the other sides will also be positive but they don't have us, they don't have the fans of Liverpool Football Club and that, if we get behind them from the very off, could be the biggest difference. We can roar our lads to victory, spur them on and inspire them to three points. We know a lot of our players have an affection with the fans so if we show our wholehearted support from the first whistle against Spurs to the last whistle against Hull, we can be certain of a league title.

Now things may not go to plan instantly, but lets not be down in the dumps and say our players aren't good enough or this, that or the other. Lets just sing even louder.

So yes we will the league, we'll have it wrapped by Christmas in fact. We have the best keeper, best centre half partnership, best midfield and best attacking partnership, we've also now got the wide men we have lacked for so often. We've got a system that suits us down to the ground.

This is our year boys and girls, so sit back and bask in watching your beloved Reds win their 19th League title.

Come on you Reds!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #136: Aug 13, 2009 04:50:37 pm
      I might start saving some money for a flight to England to celebrate in May, following DLS post :D
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #137: Aug 13, 2009 05:26:27 pm
      I don't think we have enough up front to win it  , Nando is going to miss games , every game he plays lately he limps  around like he is carrying an injury  ,if he doesn't play who comes in Ngog, voronin , nemeth , Kuyt is the only other option and that means changeing the right side , to win this league you need two top quality strikers at least  , hope I am wrong  .

Quick Reply