Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Espanyol 3-0 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance

Read 24463 times
      m0nkeysbrains
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 203 posts |
      Re: Espanyol 3-0 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #46: Aug 02, 2009 10:11:50 pm
      Agger stayed in Liverpool, same injury that kept him out of the Swiss trip

That's what he gets for jumping five and a half feet in the air... still upsetting though. Anyone know when he'll be back?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #47: Aug 02, 2009 10:12:02 pm
      It was a pre-season for them as well that is no excuse. Just because its pre-season does mean you should not be able to keep possession of the ball.

I don't know what planet Kuyt was on tonight but he couldn't seem to pass to one of his own players. Degen is a liability he gave the third goal with a shocking bit of defending and then he nearly gave a fourth away at the end doing the exact same thing. I don't Voronin, Degen Dossena, Ngog are anywhere near Premiership standard never mind Liverpool standard.

I'm just praying Rafa buys another striker before the start of the season because Torres aside what we've up front is not good enough.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #48: Aug 02, 2009 10:14:09 pm
      Where was Nemeth also? Surely after his promising performances he warranted some kind of run out today?
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #49: Aug 02, 2009 10:15:33 pm
      I think they left Nemeth and Pacheco in England to play for the reserves (Liverpool XI) then when the team returns before the start of the season they will be in the first team.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #50: Aug 02, 2009 10:16:45 pm
      WTF!!!! who was in goal, David Blunkett?
      Bowlesy88
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #51: Aug 02, 2009 10:17:10 pm
      poor defending, San Jose was never in the right position, johnston was invisible

Lucas and Gerrard had good games, torres abit tired maybe??

Alonso is going to be missed

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #52: Aug 02, 2009 10:17:25 pm
      That was a strong squad Rafa just got the defense wrong San jose should never of started. When is our next game ?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #53: Aug 02, 2009 10:17:42 pm
      I think they left Nemeth and Pacheco in England to play for the reserves (Liverpool XI) then when the team returns before the start of the season they will be in the first team.

Oh right, yeah i forgot about the reserves games. Still, i believe in both Nemeth and Pacheco strongly and feel maybe they could have stuck with the team all pre season? I mean they are both better than N'gog IMO
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #54: Aug 02, 2009 10:19:10 pm
      Wednesday against FC Lyn
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #55: Aug 02, 2009 10:19:24 pm
      WTF!!!! who was in goal, David Blunkett?

Actually anyone else think Reina seemed just a little slow? Maybe just me, and the defense didn't help at all, but he quite often gets down alot quicker i thought. Sure its just a bit of rustiness, but the thought crossed my mind
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #56: Aug 02, 2009 10:20:03 pm
      Expecting much better from Johnson!

San Jose - Not good enough to be a Liverpool player IMO.

No excuses for this game; Not the usual pre-season one, not Alonso' saga. Just simply weren't good enough against a side we should have beaten with ease.
      N1ce
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #57: Aug 02, 2009 10:20:55 pm
        Watching Arsenal winning with Arshavin, Fabregas, Eduardo in good form, and Wilshire on fire, then Liverpool is definitely in serious trouble next season if we continue to play like this.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #58: Aug 02, 2009 10:25:42 pm
      We are a mess at the moment, pure and simple. While all other clubs are integrating their new signings, we have none apart from Johnson and then still haven't finalized the sale and then replacement for our midfield anchor. Im worried, this next week is vital to our whole season and future IMO
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #59: Aug 02, 2009 10:27:19 pm
      First half wasn't all that bad. We should have really gone in at the break 2-1 up. If those chances that Gerrard had, had gone in instead of hitting the woodwork, it would have given the lads a boost.

But the lack of danger we showed compared to the danger Espanyol displayed on the attack, was there to see.

Second half was much much worse. Really bad. And it displayed how vulnerable we can be in defence and in attack when one or two key players are missing.

Certainly a wake up call. I hope we're getting the defeats out of the way before the season starts. We can't coast through games like we did tonight when the league kicks off.

Very pissed off.
      sir roger hunt
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #60: Aug 02, 2009 10:32:42 pm
      not much to add only hope its not a sign of things to come. Come on lads lets see the real reds against Athletico  please
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #61: Aug 02, 2009 10:34:21 pm
      I'm sorry but I can't say I have been impressed with our pre-season so far, we have won one game 5-0, drew 2? and (lost to a) 2nd grade Spanish club, when our own club is brimming with Spanish talent AND managed by a Spanish master of football (scratches head) what gives? I just hope we can pull together a few more wins pre-season, if not I think Spurs may strike us while the team marole is low, we are Liverpool, we can play better, we WILL play better!

Come on you red men, show us who's the best!

PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #62: Aug 02, 2009 10:35:49 pm
      Well you just about blamed everyone there except the tea lady. It was a money making mean nothing game. The players do not want to play in them. They want to do a Jamie Redknapp and lie on the beach in Barbados. They will be up for the Spurs and you will all be praising and licking their arses. Defeatists.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #63: Aug 02, 2009 10:39:50 pm
      Well you just about blamed everyone there except the tea lady. It was a money making mean nothing game. The players do not want to play in them. They want to do a Jamie Redknapp and lie on the beach in Barbados. They will be up for the Spurs and you will all be praising and licking their arses. Defeatists.

It was a game to test how well our new team works surely, the players want to do well as much as we want to see our team walking all over the Spanish lads, it gives you an advantage for next time we play them (I bet right now they think we are some has been club)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #64: Aug 02, 2009 10:41:51 pm
      So they don't want to play in these matches how are they going to get there match fitness then. You don't get it without playing matches.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #65: Aug 02, 2009 10:43:38 pm

Defeatists ? We not going to be happy about losing and if the player's don't want to play they wouldn't be wearing the red of Liverpool as when you put on the shirt its a privilege and all players should want to play when the shirt is worn and put a 110% into their performance pre season or not today was an utter complete shambles !.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #66: Aug 02, 2009 10:45:20 pm
      They will be up for the Spurs and you will all be praising and licking their arses. Defeatists.

I'll only lick their arses when we win the league. Friendly or not, we should have the attitude on the pitch to be winners. That second half performance did not display a winning attitude.

If we go into the game against Spurs just expecting to up the level then complacency can easily set in.

Granted that Skrtel and Agger weren't available. That game was a wake up call. And an example of how not to defend. We've got to learn from it before it's too late.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #67: Aug 02, 2009 10:46:22 pm

Although no doubt it'll be usual excuses "it's only pre-season"

Its only pre season. :mad:

FFS
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #68: Aug 02, 2009 10:47:36 pm
      Indeed you don't. but year after year they are played. It has to be, but that does not mean that the players can mentally prepare themselves. The higher the standard, the harder it is. There is more to lose if you are injured. Take a look at all the pre-season results. If those games were to be played for points or in the cup, those results would be totally different. Believe in your side instead of slagging them off and looking for problems where they do not exist. I also moan when perhaps I shoiuld keep my mouth shut. It shows you care, but these games mean nothing at all.

Quick Reply