Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide

Read 317213 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide
      Reply #368: Jul 25, 2011 10:16:02 pm

Quite right exiled, quite right.

I work down South a lot  signing large groups of men onto NVQs everytime I go and it's f**king unbelievable how many times I get the 'are you a red or a blue then?' before being told how they are massive Liverpool fans etc.

But then I see them in their vans, or in the canteens, in their cars reading that piece of sh*t.

What I am going to do the next time I am down there is take that piece posted by exiled and then find some pieces from 89 and give them to every red I meet who is reading that sh*te.

« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2011 10:22:27 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #369: Jul 26, 2011 10:32:46 am
      Quite right exiled, quite right.

I work down South a lot  signing large groups of men onto NVQs everytime I go and it's F***ing unbelievable how many times I get the 'are you a red or a blue then?' before being told how they are massive Liverpool fans etc.

But then I see them in their vans, or in the canteens, in their cars reading that piece of sh*t.

What I am going to do the next time I am down their is take that piece posted by exiled and then find some pieces from 89 and give them to every red I meet who is reading that sh*te.

You're right of course mate, supporting LFC in any context precludes any association with the toilet paper and anyone still reading it can only be considered a cosmetic 'fan.'
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #370: Aug 12, 2011 02:30:10 pm
      On Saturday there will be a "Don't Buy The Sun" Demo Day at Anfield. The main aim is to remind people of the lies that rag printed over 22 years ago. If you don't know about it, just Google "sun hillsborough" and look at the images. Recent events have brought to the general public's attention what we have already known for over 22 years. We ask if you would support this by changing your profile picture for 1 day only on Saturday to this one, or a similar message. It would really mean a lot to the people still fighting for justice and the truth to this very day, as well as sending a powerful message across the world. Thanks.

One of the leaflets being handed out tomorrow. Feel free to print and pass on.

Volunteers will be around Anfield tomorrow handing out leaflets. EVERY day is DBTS Day.

From the Official Hillsborough Justice Campaign on Facebook. If you haven't joined here's the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/HJCOfficial

JFT96 Don't buy the s*n!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #371: Aug 12, 2011 03:38:33 pm
      Has anybody noticed all of the JFT 96 and Don't but the S*n groups started by opposition fans all over Facebook? Think there must be about 50 now from Manchester United to Plymouth Argyle.

Sunderland have a very large group, and I think they were planning something for Saturday.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #372: Aug 12, 2011 05:02:22 pm
      LFCTransferSpec LFC Transfer Specs
      Sunderland fans also welcome to take part as well bring ur banners and flags. YNWA #LFC #SAFC
      11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

LFCTransferSpec LFC Transfer Specs
      if your going the match can all reds meet at the hillsborough justice campaign shop between 11am and 12pm #LFC
      11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply » LFCTransferSpec LFC Transfer Specs

Calling ALL Reds... Liverpool fans are having a dont buy the s*n demonstration day tomorrow b4 kickoff. #LFC
      11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #373: Aug 13, 2011 10:18:17 pm
      Love the cakes!

HJC_Official 39 mins 49 secs ago Twitter
      The fabulous cakes provided by @LaurasBakery Thanks!! yfrog.com/h03tfydj

Seen a few pics on twitter of the Don't Buy The S*n banners, excellent!

Not sure if the picture will work, it's not showing on my preview so click the link.

LFCexiled
      Reply #374: Aug 23, 2011 11:54:36 pm
      An article from The Guardian from 2004 just to refresh the minds of mckenzie the c**t:

What the Sun said 15 years ago

It was more than 15 years ago and still some shops boycott the Sun - such was the calamitous effect of the Sun's front page claims that Liverpool fans urinated on police, pick-pocketed dead victims and prevented brave PCs giving the kiss of life to some of the victims at Hillsborough.

And although the editor at the time, Kelvin MacKenzie, later apologised, there will never be any room for the Sun in some Liverpudlian households ever again.

If you ever see this smug c**t I implore you to kick him. That is a personal request from me, not LFCReds

It all started on the Wednesday following the Hillsborough disaster in April 1989, when MacKenzie was about to make what he later described as a "fundamental mistake".

According to Peter Chippindale and Chris Horrie in their definitive history Stick it Up Your Punter - the Rise and Fall of the Sun, MacKenzie spent an unusual amount of time deliberating over the fateful headline for that day's paper.

"MacKenzie then did an enormously uncharacteristic thing. He sat for fully half an hour thinking about the front page layout."

According to the book he pondered two headlines, one that was rejected reading "You Scum", and the one that was eventually used - and was to prove the biggest disaster for the paper's reputation and sales: "The Truth".

A team of about 18 journalists and photographers had been sent to cover the story, and although reporter Harry Arnold sought out MacKenzie to caution against reporting allegations as truth, MacKenzie pressed on.

Having decided to lay the blame on the fans' doorsteps, there was no stopping him.

Under the headline "The Truth" there were three subheadings:

Some fans picked pockets of victims
      Some fans urinated on the brave cops
      Some fans beat up PCs giving the kiss of life

The story read as follows: "Drunken Liverpool fans viciously attacked rescue workers as they tried to revive victims of the Hillsborough soccer disaster, it was revealed last night.

"Police officers, firemen and ambulance crew were punched, kicked and urinated upon by a hooligan element in the crowd.

"Some thugs rifled the pockets of injured fans as they were stretched out unconscious on the pitch.

"Sheffield MP Irvine Patnick revealed that in one shameful episode a gang of Liverpool fans noticed that the blouse of a girl trampled to death had risen above her breasts.

"As a policeman struggled in vain to revive her, the mob jeered: 'Throw her up here and we will **** her'"

The story went on: "One furious policeman who witnessed Saturday's carnage stormed: 'As we struggled in appalling conditions to save lives, fans standing further up the terrace were openly urinating on us and the bodies of the dead."

A 'high-ranking' police officer was quoted as saying: "The fans were just acting like animals. My men faced a double hell - the disaster and the fury of the fans who attacked us."

Kenny Dalglish, then Liverpool manager, later addressed the story in his autobiography:

"When the Sun came out with the story about Liverpool fans being drunk and unruly underneath a headline 'The Truth,' the reaction on Merseyside was one of complete outrage. Newsagents stopped stocking the Sun. People wouldn't mention its name. They were burning copies of it. Anyone representing the Sun was abused.

"Sun reporters and photographers would lie, telling people they worked for the Liverpool Post and Echo. There was a lot of harassment of them because of what had been written. The Star had gone a bit strong as well, but they apologised the next day. They knew the story had no foundation. Kelvin MacKenzie, the Sun's editor, even called me up.

"'How can we correct the situation?" he said.

"'You know that big headline - 'The Truth',' I replied. 'All you have to do is put 'We lied' in the same size. Then you might be all right.'

"Mackenzie said: 'I cannot do that.'

"'Well,' I replied, 'I cannot help you then.'

"That was it. I put the phone down. Merseysiders were outraged by the Sun. A great many still are."

It was four years later that the then publicity-averse Kelvin MacKenzie went public for the first time about the calamitous decision to call Liverpudlians liars and thieves who preyed off the dying and dead.

"I regret Hillsborough," he said. "It was a fundamental mistake. The mistake was I believed what an MP said. It was a Tory MP. If he had not said it and the chief superintendent had not agreed with it, we would not have gone with it," he told the Commons national heritage committee in January, 1993.

However, the Hillsborough survivors' group felt his words amounted to a less than sufficient apology.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2004/jul/07/pressandpublishing.football1?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #375: Aug 23, 2011 11:59:21 pm
      I still can't understand the amount of airtime this c**t gets. There have been many programs I've switched over from just at the sight of him.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #376: Aug 24, 2011 12:06:49 am
      I still can't understand the amount of airtime this c**t gets. There have been many programs I've switched over from just at the sight of him.

I know, sickening slimy little toad. Sworn at my telly countless times when his sickening paedophile looking face appears.

Grade A c**t who will eventually have his judgement day, he's another c**t who doesn't want the truth out as his little faggot face will be getting slapped again.

Whatever his greatest fear is I hope it becomes reality, If it does I only wish I could be there to watch.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #377: Aug 26, 2011 05:17:22 pm
      I know, sickening slimy little toad. Sworn at my telly countless times when his sickening paedophile looking face appears.

Grade A c**t who will eventually have his judgement day, he's another c**t who doesn't want the truth out as his little faggot face will be getting slapped again.

Whatever his greatest fear is I hope it becomes reality, If it does I only wish I could be there to watch.

Maybe when THE TRUTH comes out, at least the families might finally get an apology from the repugnant gobs***e.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #378: Aug 26, 2011 07:26:45 pm
      That picture of the tw*t with cloth round his neck looks like he is perfectly set up for a hanging. How I'd love to pull the lever to send him crashing down the hole snapping his neck in two.

And yes he does look like a paedophile...which he probably is given how morally unhealthy he is.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #379: Aug 26, 2011 07:46:31 pm

Maybe when THE TRUTH comes out, at least the families might finally get an apology from the repugnant gobs***e.

22 F***ing years late, he'll be a c**t till they put him in the box.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #380: Aug 26, 2011 09:31:34 pm

Not a F***ing chance - he'll still insist he was just doing his job.

A locked room and 5 minutes with the c**t, that's all I ask.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #381: Sep 02, 2011 09:29:02 am
      Still and always spreading the word where I live (Epsom)not to buy IT.Yesterday me mate's missus asked ME on facebook to vote for they re' son in a nationwide comp run by? Yep the Sh**rag.FFS I was gobsmacked,not at her but me mate!A so called Reds fan since birth.I've decided not to EVER discuss LFC with him again.Am I being too hard on him I ask yer? 
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #382: Sep 04, 2011 01:27:33 pm
      Official Hillsborough Justice Campaign

‎#dontbuythesun gig 24th Sept Olympia Mick Jones (The Clash) James Dean Bradfield (Manic's) John Power (Cast) The Farm, Pete Wylie & more!
      http://www.ticketline.co.uk/dont-buy-the-sun-concert#tour

Is anybody planing on going to the concert?

JFT96 Don't buy the s*n!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #383: Sep 04, 2011 03:53:28 pm
      Up in Liverpool that day for the Wolves game....could go to this at night  :-\
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #384: Sep 04, 2011 09:24:24 pm
      Still and always spreading the word where I live (Epsom)not to buy IT.Yesterday me mate's missus asked ME on facebook to vote for they re' son in a nationwide comp run by? Yep the Sh**rag.FFS I was gobsmacked,not at her but me mate!A so called Reds fan since birth.I've decided not to EVER discuss LFC with him again.Am I being too hard on him I ask yer? 

Have a word with him Joey, remind him what the shitrag did.  Ask him if he's proud to support them, and if he is, then at any time he wants to discuss the club,just say JFT96.

Remind him of the 96 fellow Reds that went to watch a game of football and died doing it, then remind him that he supports the shitrag that published disgusting lies about what happened.

Keep reminding forgetters that the s*n should never stand for anything in their lives, it is a shitrag paper and will never be anything else.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #385: Sep 05, 2011 12:28:52 am
      Have a word with him Joey, remind him what the shitrag did.  Ask him if he's proud to support them, and if he is, then at any time he wants to discuss the club,just say JFT96.

Remind him of the 96 fellow Reds that went to watch a game of football and died doing it, then remind him that he supports the shitrag that published disgusting lies about what happened.

Keep reminding forgetters that the s*n should never stand for anything in their lives, it is a shitrag paper and will never be anything else.
      Well put mate.He's relocating to Blackpool end of next week,so I'll have to give him a copy of your reply to take with him.Thanks again.YNWA.
      AnfieldIron
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #386: Sep 08, 2011 11:13:25 pm
      I can say with a clear conscience that I never read that disgusting rag in the 25 or more years before Hillsborough that I was aware of its puerile existence.  I remember, back in the 70s, a fringe election candidate who stood on the issue that the *** be officially declared a comic.  Funny at the time but way beyond a joke since 1989.  If we'd had a half decent government in this country during the last 20 years, News International should be shut down.  Freedom of the press is one thing but it's absolutely appalling that a publishing company can sink to that level and be allowed to get away with it. 

If I ran out of bogpaper and the only two options were to use that rag or my own underpants, I'd use my pants. 

>:(
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #387: Sep 09, 2011 12:08:53 am
      I can say with a clear conscience that I never read that disgusting rag in the 25 or more years before Hillsborough that I was aware of its puerile existence.  I remember, back in the 70s, a fringe election candidate who stood on the issue that the *** be officially declared a comic.  Funny at the time but way beyond a joke since 1989.  If we'd had a half decent government in this country during the last 20 years, News International should be shut down.  Freedom of the press is one thing but it's absolutely appalling that a publishing company can sink to that level and be allowed to get away with it. 

If I ran out of bogpaper and the only two options were to use that rag or my own underpants, I'd use my pants. 

>:(
      Now I WOULD wipe me **** on it. :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #388: Oct 02, 2011 02:31:55 pm
      Found these today, especially as I read somewhere that Ste Graham, him of Boardwalk Empire fame, had appeared on Soccer AM yesterday.

For anyone claiming to be a Liverpool fan, does this look right?

Heard about this once or twice before, but he has gone down in my estimation.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #389: Oct 02, 2011 10:29:45 pm
      ^^^ Towrag.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #390: Oct 03, 2011 12:45:11 am

Heard about this once or twice before, but he has gone down in my estimation.

Mine too mate.

Quick Reply